The official brushes thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i want to get the MAC 182 but the price kills me! I know, that's how I was too. But seriously, it's so soft and dense, you'll LOVE it when you use it! promise!!!
laughing.gif

I use Stila's #21 brush.It's a flattop and it's very nice. I'm going to buy MAC"s 182 for my bday!

now I'm thinking the handy buki since my full size brush is too big to swirl in the lids
smokin.gif

Of all of the "buki" brushes that Bare Minerals offers, the Baby Buki is my favorite - probably why I have three of them! Those brushes buff right into the nooks and crannies of the face and the result is amazing. They travel well, too!

I use and love my flat top from Lauress. I have the kabuki from Lumiere but haven't used it yet and I also did their pre-order special for the brush set and 2 flat tops.

I like the BE Handy Buki. I tried the regular kabuki and I just couldn't get good control with the short handle. I hope someday they put out a kabuki with a long handle that's as full and lush as a traditional kabuki.

Hi!

Anybody has a "itty bitty" brush?

I think they are called flat top brushes

I heard that the coverage would be better than a kabuki brush..

I have a kabuki from carla and in her shop there is also a itty bitty brush.

I`m not sure if i should place an order...

Anyone has both brushes? Is the coverage really better with this brush?

Thanks!
smile.gif

sorry for my maybe confusing english.. i`m from austria
smile.gif

Ok I have a flat top brush actually, but kabuki gives better coverage.

Some ladies on mineral makeup mania use a powder brush or a flat top brush to apply their MMU. I am starting to also because I am doing better with a powder brush. I don't like buffing the minerals into my face and it seems to take forever to get the minerals on my face (multiple layers). Its a lot quicker with the powder brush and it looks nice too.

I've used both the kabuki and flat top brush to apply my minerals. I like the flat top a little better. I like the coverage and the "no buffing". I still use the kabuki at times but much prefer the flat top brush for foundation. For finishing powder, I use MAC 187.

Originally Posted by Darleene /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks
smile.gif
Do you use the flat top for blending or finish powder?

I have just been using a powder brush to apply the mineral makeup but plan on buying a flat top brush.

Originally Posted by gina2328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have just been using a powder brush to apply the mineral makeup but plan on buying a flat top brush. hi..what powder brush do u use?the brand and model?thanks

Originally Posted by missG /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi..what powder brush do u use?the brand and model?thanks It is a Mac, its an older brush and I am at work right now. I can post the number later and let you know.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've used both the kabuki and flat top brush to apply my minerals. I like the flat top a little better. I like the coverage and the "no buffing". I still use the kabuki at times but much prefer the flat top brush for foundation. For finishing powder, I use MAC 187. Which flat top do you have?

thank, Gina..will wait for your post..some girls here say hey like to use MAC 182, just wanted to know if it's the same...cheers!

Originally Posted by gina2328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is a Mac, its an older brush and I am at work right now. I can post the number later and let you know.

Which flat top do you have?

The flat top brush I have came from Monave minerals. I really like it!

Back