The official brushes thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now i m in hk i dont have sally's around me anymore :'( no more savvy for me. but yes return it even tho it might use up some gas just to get there but u have a long time to think about it

It's not that far from me. I buy brush cleaner there too,I suppose I should have used that instead of shampoo.I didn't realize I had used all the cleaner.

That is strange. I have a whole set of face secret brushes and have washed numerous times and never experienced that. I agree with others and say return it.

Weirdo! It never happened to my brushes... I use cinema secrets brush cleaner and it makes the brushes smell kinda like vanilla.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah...I hope so,cause I dont plan on putting it on my face.
yuck.gif
no way,return that brush somethings wrong with it

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought a face secrets powder brush from Sally's today because it has a flat top.I washed it with Paul Mitchell shampoo and now the brush smells like paint thinner! Has this happened to anyone before?
scared.gif
idk about paint thinner but i bought one by apt. 5 and when i washed it it smelled weird. I gave it away. lol

I couldnt believe it! And I used a salon shampoo to clean it as I had run out of FS brush cleaner.

i need your feedback. i would like to know when you are shopping for your mineral cosmetics, do you prefer to have more makeup included in the kit or more brushes/accessories/freebies? for example do you think you would be more interseted in a kit that had say 4-5 blushes over a kit that only had 2 blushes but a beautiful 6 pc brush set with case instead?

i am not asking for my site at all as i have things of all shapes and sizes, im just curious from a shoppers standpoint. no different then someone asking if they prefer mac over loreal.

I am partial to more colors vs. more brushes, especially since I often find a color I wouldn't have picked originally is one I end up like a lot. I am also talking from the standpoint that I have more brushes that I should.

I would be partial to a kit that had more makeup as opposed to more brushes. I never buy brushes as a set, and I prefer to have more variation in colors than in brushes.

I think I'd rather prefer a kit with variety of makeup colors than brushes, since most brushes that come in kits like that haven't really impressed me much.

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought a face secrets powder brush from Sally's today because it has a flat top.I washed it with Paul Mitchell shampoo and now the brush smells like paint thinner! Has this happened to anyone before?
scared.gif
No. Take it back.

I'd prefer more makeup, since I already have a variety of brushes. You could let the customer select between the two. Freebies are always great!

Latest posts

Back