The Official Eyeshadow for Beginners Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is such a great idea, and the tips you posted are very very helpful for me
smile.gif

sherazade we may have the same shape
smile.gif

my eye shape is too difficult to deal with too, i am not almond shape, round big or small deep set.

it looks awful with eyeliner, hardly using my shadow as eyeliner and dark colour on my lids omg ,simply as if i am bruised.

yes definitely the eye shape makes different , it is important.

It is a little bit i think like calista flockharts eyes.i am not sure

what about you sherazade?

This is really helpful I am starting to experiment with "crazy" eyeshadows and I want that beautiful layered look. I'll be working on that, with tips from this thread.

Thank you so much ladies! I'm a begginer, as a lot of ladies are. I totally agree with the "black eye" look when trying to smoke the eye out.
frown.gif
Total fail. But I'm trying to learn! Thank you for all the wonderful tips!

~Much Love

Elise

one trick that always works for most eyes is go with a light to med color eyeshadow on the lid to crease. Then apply a darker color black, brown, navy eyeshadow with liner brush on the upper and lower lash line and a little heavier on the corners of the eyes and finish with mascara. great trick looks amazing.

I am so glad this thread is here. So much information. I have a lot of reading to do.
kopfkratz.gif

One thing I always wonder about is what to do with the crease color when the darker color is on the lid. Lots of looks have the midcolor on the lid and dark in the crease but I've seen some really nice looks with dark lid colors. What do you do with the crease color then?

Originally Posted by VWBuggirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif One thing I always wonder about is what to do with the crease color when the darker color is on the lid. Lots of looks have the midcolor on the lid and dark in the crease but I've seen some really nice looks with dark lid colors. What do you do with the crease color then? What I would do in that case is using the darkest color on the lid, a midcolor in the crease and then gently blend those 2 colors together... That simple!!!Hope that helps and good luck!!

Wow, some of you guys are good...very helpful...I used to get all my ideas from BeautyReportOnline.com but their forums have not been updated lately, so I just visit their site for samples of new products...LOL...

I definitely could use some tips on applying eye shadow, so thank you for creating this awesome thread.

I buy shadows like there's no tomorrow and yet I feel like I have no clue how to properly apply them. I know the basics for the most part, but once I get to my outer corner I just don't know what to do. My eyes are round and almond shaped but I don't have much of a crease to define and really no outer corner to work with. It's frustrating because every time I try to create that outer v, it just looks weird on me like it's oddly placed. And once I blend it out I just end up with a big mess instead of that neat v shape. If anyone here could share with me their tips and techniques that'd be great.

Originally Posted by dngreenwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif Jen were you reading my mind or what..........I was just about to start a "help me" eyeshadow thread and I saw this!! Whoohoo, I don't have any tips to share, but I did buy some wet n wild shadows yesterday (I just cant' see myself paying $$ for the good stuff until I figure out what I am doing) and although I liked the two looks I did on my eyes (I followed on of Devin's tuts) how do I get a cheap shadow to 1. stay put and 2. give me more of an intense color?? Am I asking for too much from a 3.99 eyeshadow trio, lol!?! Something i have done to keep on cheap or very faint eyeshadows is too put on some chapstick. It keeps the shadow on and helps mosturizer the eyelids if i remember right. it also keeps the shadow in place longer.

Originally Posted by danixcalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I definitely could use some tips on applying eye shadow, so thank you for creating this awesome thread.
I buy shadows like there's no tomorrow and yet I feel like I have no clue how to properly apply them. I know the basics for the most part, but once I get to my outer corner I just don't know what to do. My eyes are round and almond shaped but I don't have much of a crease to define and really no outer corner to work with. It's frustrating because every time I try to create that outer v, it just looks weird on me like it's oddly placed. And once I blend it out I just end up with a big mess instead of that neat v shape. If anyone here could share with me their tips and techniques that'd be great.

I feel your pain. My eyes are narrow almonds with not much crease (almost identical to Taylor Swift). Eyeliner and eyeshadow darker than my skin color=tiny eyes.
For daytime I just apply the champagne shimmer side of a Jemma Kidd champagne/charcoal eyeshadow duo ONLY on lids and inner corner via q-tip. I keep my eyes open NORMALLY. If I close my lids or tilt my head back I end up highlighting my crease which makes my eyes look smaller. FYI/note to self: My JK duo is CRAP--buy quality champagne shimmer shadow...

For night I put a little more champagne shadow again ONLY on lids. Then I blend a medium and a dark shadow onto the side of a q-tip--I haven't found a brush small and soft enough for this job. I like BM's pacific heights eyeshadow and 1980s glimmer from the BM Smoky V-Eye kit. I then gently roll the q-tip around the outermost edge of my crease and lid. It creates a very soft yet defined look.

Mascara and browbone highlights are good too.

Check out Skone Cosmetics' fan page on Facebook, which goes into detail on eye shadow blending and even give shadow options.

Hi Guys,

Theres a tutorial on how to get big beautifuls in 4 simple steps if you go to this link

U tube BenebabeZoe

You'll thank me later!

Back