The official make your own mmu thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoozey, sorry I read that wrong, but it still sounds great! Where do you buy your liquid OO castille soap? It sounds fun to try. I had no idea how labor intensive some of these things are. Icecookies, thanks for all that info! You should write a book or something about all of this-you know ALOT and I am so impressed. Do you think you'll start your own company down the road?

Oh me ... I'm not so interested in starting my own company (that's just toooo daunting and besides, I have horses that keep me very busy!) but you can bet there are those here who could handle it in a snap!

Not this girl ... !

I'll pm you the company that I buy the OO soap from. It is a really decent price and feels wonderful!

Oh man ... I still can't see links in threads! I need to make more posts but one of these days I'll see what the heck everyone's talking about. LOL!

Hoozey where do you buy the liquid soap? Please PM me too. Thanks. Icecookie could you PM me how you did it without a book? Thanks

Congratulations Cookies.

But for me

I'll just keep hunting for sales. With the sales, samples, and prices being so affordable for already made things I'll just keep having my fun that way :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus every week I'm seeing something on one of the sites that I really would love to have. Like Milans eye gelles, liners, and those perfumes. I can't see myself stopping wanting the new things that they all make and with the reviews on the boards for other companies and their sales I'd have a list of must buy this and that on the makeup sites and a lot of supplies sitting at home. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ice Cookies can you post some of your pictures of what you made?

Was it really easy for somebody with no book?

Do you have instructions or a website that gave you instructions? Thanks.

icecookies, could you count me in and pm me any extra info please? thanks a bunch I think this is awesome!

Icecookies should be named Princess, because that's what she is. She's so helpful and sweet and kind ... Well heck, all of y'all are! But Ice says it's FUN to make her own mineral makeup. THAT remains to be seen ... It doesn't take a whole lot to confuse me! LOL!

Thank you Thumper for your sweet comments. I wondered if you got my email. If you want more notes I'll be glad to email them to you but I thought that the one that I sent you and those websites were really the ones that I used and that really made it all simple for me. Please keep us up to date on if you take the plunge or not. It'll only take you 1 or 2 full days to really get it all going and done. Once you start then you'll start duplicating other colors that you love. But guess what? I'm already bored with it. :laughing: Maybe because I've got a ton of enough makeup now to last me for many many years and warm weather:glasses: is here so I'm moving onto something else. Shopping for sandles, bags, and cruisewear! :rotfl:

But go for your first try by all means. If nothing else you'll have a perfect foundation for yourself and lots of blushes, shadows, bronzers, and all over face colors! Plus something to do if ever bored in the winter.

You got it Nomi! :laughing:

I wish my BF's were as interested as you ladies are :frown: They love my products but haven't asked once for a link or a note.

i wish i was still in us . in hk there is NOTHING like MMU~ none !!!! ppl here stil use horrible acne causing makeup >_< i came back after christmas and i asked if they haveit and they dont ~ they dun even know what MMU means.... :'( poor ppl

I am taking pics now of many of my highlighters, shadows, and blushes and I will post them this week. Here is a link to the best basic site. Just use this as a base or a guidline and work from this. If you want to add hydrolyzed oat powder, squalene, vitamin E, or allantoin then just add a little lavender extract in your base too to act as a preservative. I learned all of this from a lady named Jenn on this site. She is extremely knowledgeable and will answer all of your questions. She's also full of links and notes and will share freely. I can't say enough good things about her really. Here's the link to where I found out really how to do this and where you can get your questions answered.http://forums.delphiforums.com/miy1/start

Here is another site with free recipes and you can also buy supplies from this site. I haven't bought anything from them so I can't vouch for the service or for the products but I did find the free recipes very useful for making my own, though I didn't follow the recipes. You know kind of like making chili or spaghetti, you get the idea of basically what is needed for ingredients and then you go from there. :rotfl:

Recipes for the crafter of mineral makeupTo make cosmetics Naturally:

Making your own cosmetics

By Joan Trebilcock, RN http://www.sweetscents.com
How to make your natural cosmetics:
Making cosmetics for personal use, and to sell is a growing hobby for crafters and professionals alike. Many folks are unsure of how micas and other mineral pigments can be used to color not only makeup, but also bath & hair gels, liquid soaps, bubble baths, and in soap making.

All of Sweetscents micas are ready to use right from the container, or you can "tweak" any color with the addition of another of our micas. Here we try to answer a few of those questions.

How can I make matte makeup eye shadows or eyeliners?

To create a line of matte eye shadows or eyeliners, you need to start with a base of white matte mica titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, boron nitride or the sericite base, all available at Sweetscents. If you wish to make a shimmer or low luster eye shadow or eyeliner, we suggest starting with mineral mica such as Snowflake or White Pearl. All of the products are completely natural and no chemicals are added to them.

Minerals and or oxides are used to create the longwearing quality shades of eye shadows and eyeliners. Frequently the eyeliners are applied with a wet eyeliner brush using the eye shadow as this makes them more dramatic. To use wet, take a liner brush, get it wet and pick up a small amount of the color you want to line with, make a paste on the back of your clean hand, then apply like you would a normal eye liner. Carefully apply to upper and/or lower lids starting as close to the lashes as possible.

The colors when used wet, they are easily blendable, and dry to a beautiful satin finish, and last till they are removed. When applying wet, the colors will dry quickly, but if they dry before your done blending, just dampen your brush and blend them till you like the look, then let dry.

For a smudged look, using your shadow brush, dip just the tip of the brush into loose powder, and then tap the brush on the side of the container to remove any excess powder. Brush gently on your lids, crease, or where ever you desire the color. To smudge the color, take a dry angled brush and simply move the color to the desired area, to blend one color or area into another color or area. Repeat the process till the look you want is achieved.

If you are wanting to create your very own matte finish color palate and want to mix your minerals from the start, we suggest using the white matte mica, along with either boron nitride, or sericite to increase adhesion to the skin, and a blend of iron oxides such as red, yellow, green, black and purple oxides which are available at Sweetscents. You will find the ingredients for blending your own color on the Sweetscents.com page titled "More Mica", under the heading of "Cosmetic Grade Mixing Powders" You will need to grind well the oxides into the micas and boron nitride or sericite to prevent streaking of your colors.

If you prefer not to mix your own colors, all of our minerals are available preblended, and ready to use soon as you get them by simply opening the minerals, and grabbing your mineral makeup brush and apply the minerals to your skin. These colors are found on the website under every heading with the exception of the "Cosmetic Grade Mixing Powder" area.

One of our customers has shared her method of making what she called a universal cream to powder blush. She said she used a tiny amount of our "Romance" color, and a tiny amount of our "Angelique" color and to that added a drop of water, and also a drop of glycerin, and stirred it to a cream consistency, and applied it by a tiny drop of color, and soon as it comes in contact with the skin, the creamy texture turns to powder. A little of this will go a long way, so you don’t need much. To get the color to a darker intensity, just apply another drop and work in with your brush. It lasts all day

A great tip for the mineral makeup from Sweetscents.com is that the mineral micas are naturally hydrophobic. If you swim, don't worry about your minerals washing off. All you need do when you come out of the pool is to gently blot your makeup, rather than rubbing it, and you will be able to retain most of that fabulous look.

Lip-gloss formula. Why doesn’t the color show up??

When formulating the recipe to be made into lip-gloss there are several things to consider. If you’re using the formula of oil and wax, you need to keep it soft enough to allow the mica minerals to show up. If the wax is hard, the color is unable to shine through. We suggest creating your color shades using a combination of different cosmetic micas. The iron oxides will make beautiful purples, and deep reds depending on the amount of oxide you use, the more used, the more dramatic the finished color will be. Only use a tiny amount of oxides, to keep the lip formula from feeling gritty.

The three ingredients that are not approved in the USA to be used in lip products are Chromium Oxide, Iron Blue and Cyanide, however are fine for any other toiletries application. All the ingredients on each color are listed on the Sweetscents website under the heading of INCI info. If you are outside of the United States of America, you will have to check your particular countrys approved ingredients.

Many folks like to use the petroleum jelly type products, and simply add mica to it, and mix well, which will provide a nice over coating of the lips. Also very reasonable to make or to buy is oils such as vitamin E, shea butter, or mineral oil. Many folks make a liquid by simply blending all these together well, and adding mica, which will also gives lots of shine to the lips, and with the vitamin E and the she butter oil, also moisturizes the lips. The clearer the solution you add the mineral micas to, the more the sparkly tone it will give off. Mica needs to have light refraction in order to shimmer. Dip a clean lip brush into your clear lip gloss/lip balm and then into loose powder. Apply the mix to your lips and blend well.

Here is a great tip from one of our customers Cindy, in Utah that you may find very helpful. She graciously allowed us to post it:

Just thought I'd pass on this little tip for keeping the micas suspended when making lip butter as it works better than anything else I've tried (I teach lip butter making so I've made A LOT of these babies over the last few years- made over 150 just today).

I buy those little plastic condiment cups from a restaurant supply place- I get the 1/2 oz. size and I buy a package of lids while I am at it. I will prepare my lip butter base and have it melted, ready to go, in a pyrex measuring cup. I sweeten my base after it's melted.

I place the mica I need for one lip butter pot into the condiment cup- this is your chance to mix colors etc. before you are committed. Next, add the flavor and fill the condiment cup about 1/2 full with base. I stir it with a popsicle stick making sure to scrape the sides as I go. When the base cools to the point that it starts to harden a little on the sides but is still liquid in the middle, I know that I can pour it without the mica sinking to the bottom. I'll scrape the little bit that has set up into the middle to remelt it then pour it quickly and cleanly into the lip butter pot. Don't put the lid on until it cools.

The result is a smooth top and evenly mixed mica- no sinking. You'll also have a perfectly clean container since you did the mixing in the condiment cup. You might have to try this a few times before you can recognize the perfect pour point. If you don't get it quite right, put the condiment cup in the microwave for 15 seconds to remelt and try again. If it is lumpy and you've already poured it into the container, put the container in the microwave for 10 seconds or so. Not enough to completely remelt it but enough to make it soft. Then tap the soft mixture on the counter to settle the contents. Again, wait until the product cools completely to put on the lid.

If you have extra lip butter in your condiment cup when you're done pouring, just put the plastic condiment cup lid on it and you can save it for later or use it to refill the lip butter pot when it is empty.

One of my customers also used her hair dryer to re-melt the top of the lip butter that was lumpy. It worked like a charm she said- I haven't tried this myself though.

It actually happened because I do a lot of birthday parties for girls and they always made such a mess mixing in the containers. I did it initially to cut down on the mess but ultimately found it kept the mica from sinking as a bonus!

If you are making lip glosses, an easy formulation to use is to add melted lanolin into your oil in a water bath, if you don’t want to use lanolin, substitute glycerin or honey, however the latter ingredients sometimes separate out. You can use beeswax in the formulation to harden it; however too much will make it stiff and hard. When your oil & wax preparation is melted, stir in your micas and oxides…pour into your lip-gloss tubes or jars when still just slightly warm. If you pour it into your jars or tubes when to warm, the micas and oxides will tend to sink to the bottom, so do it as late as you can in the process.

You can keep the mica color suspended if you pour the warm lip preparation into your lip tube, or jar, and immediately cover the tube or jar with a small piece of plastic and place the lid on, and invert it till it cools. You can also apply lip color when you apply a good lip gloss base, and blend your mica minerals over the lip gloss. Add more powder for a darker look, then wait about 10 minutes before blotting, and then lightly blot as its sets itself on your lips and wont come off till you remove it. To keep the glossy look, simply apply more lip gloss during the day. It is removed easily with soapy water or makeup remover or a baby wipe.

How do I use the micas to color my bath gels, hair gels, shampoos and lotions?

In order for your product to be colored, you will want to use the mica minerals in a thick gel consistency to keep the mica particles suspended. If you want a pearly look to your formulation, we suggest using white pearl mica, for a sparkly look you might like our Diamond Cluster or our absolutely fabulous City Lights Evening Star, which is a large sized particle, and gives off total diamond looking glitz.

The easiest way to do this mixing that we at Sweetscents have found, is to put your gel or lotion or whatever you are wanting to color in a sandwich type bag with a zipper, we would suggest for a 4 oz. Bottle of gel, for a medium density pearl look, add in ½ teaspoon of white pearl mica. Zip the bag securely, and just gently squeeze the bag between your hands to mix the mica into the gel or lotion. If you desire a more dramatic effect, just add more mica, and repeat the process. When you reach the density of color you desire, gently snip off a corner of the bag, and squeeze it into your bottle, it’s neat, and clean and you won’t waste any product that way.

What kind of blending equipment is best?

At Sweetscents, we have found that the coffee grinder works well. You will want one that is devoted to only mixing cosmetic formulas, to keep your blades well groomed. The coffee grinders we have tried are from the $10 range to the $50 range. What you will find is that the lesser expensive ones when you blend mica colors together, seems to manage to get down the sides, into the motor, and eventually will make the motor stop. The higher end blenders have a sealed motor, and the mica cant get into it, seems to make a better choice.

Brushes for applying the minerals:

Sweetscents carries the very luxurious brushes for application of your foundations, blushes and eye colors. The key to great looking makeup is the good brush that is used to apply the minerals. This brush page is located under the "Brushes" page. The ultimate buffer is frequently used, or the fabulous kabuki brush. You will find that when traveling, rather than taking your mineral foundations or blush in the mineral jars, that the dispensing brush already containing your base colors will make a wonderful addition to your makeup bag. These can be filled with any of the Sweetscents minerals.

How do I apply the foundation?

If you have the sifter foundation pot, turn your mica pot upside down, and right away turn it right side up again. You will have a small amount of powder left in the lid, and that’s more than enough to do your foundation. Take your foundation brush and tap it into the powder in the lid, remember less is better when using makeup minerals. Tap your brush gently on the side of the lid or jar to remove any excess mica powder, and tap your brush with the hairs pointing upward to "load" the brush. This will settle the powder into the brush head. We suggest that you start the application to the face at the jaw line on the outer area of the face, and work towards the center of your face.

Firmly spread powder on clean, dry skin to evenly blend pigments. For blemishes, a separate concealer is not necessarily needed. We suggest taking a drop of your moisturizer, put it in the palm of your hand, and drop a tiny amount of the foundation minerals into it, and smooth together to make a paste, and dab it on your problem area with your finger. Soon as it is dry, apply your minerals like usual, and your problem area will be very well concealed. If you get your face completely covered with the foundation color, and feel it isn’t enough coverage, simply retrace your steps to add more coverage of the mica minerals.

If you have skin that tends to have oily zones, you may wish to also use our sheer cover mineral veil under or over your foundation. This will help to absorb the extra oil from your skin.

You may make your own special blend of colors by combining several foundation colors to exactly match your skin tones. Experimenting is half the fun using this type of makeup.

How do I apply the blush?

Following the directions above, invert your blush powder into the lid of the blush container (you can blend several colors together to get the exact color you want for the blush), and gently tap the brush on the side of the jar or lid to remove any excess mica minerals, and start at the side of the face and again work towards the apple of the cheek. The ideal color for cheeks mimics the flushed color of the outdoors from the lighter peachy toned blushes to the darker matte, or even the low luster colors, whatever your personal preference is.

Eye shadow savvy:

The eyes are where you can really have fun with the fabulous colors, shimmers, low lusters, mattes and sparkles. Often the shimmers are used over the top of the more subdued or natural looking colors for the glitz. One of the favorites Diamond Cluster gives off sparkles like tiny mirrors to enhance the fun side of makeup. You may also try the fabulous 24 Karat Gold to add a touch of pure elegance. The smokey colors are definitely in fashion this year, and are worn both day and night and have every color imaginable. The iridescent colors are very popular in the warmer months of the year, and at Sweetscents, we have a total rainbow of these fabulous colors.

Nail colors application:

Using a good quality clear nail polish, dip a loaded brush in loose powder and polish onto nails. You can also mix loose powder into colored nail polish to create fantastic custom colors.

Foundation formulas:

Forever Ivory

1/3 tsp Titanium Dioxide

1/3 tsp Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/3 tsp zinc oxide

1 tsp Facial Silk

1 tsp white matte mica

3/4 teaspoon yellow oxide

1/16th tsp each the following cosmetic grade oxides:

red 150, brown

Blend well after each addition. Add oxides a few grains at a time. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend all oxides in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bronx Tan (shimmery look)

1/4 tsp Titanium Dioxide

1/4 tsp Boron Nitride or or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/4 tsp Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

3 teaspoons White matte mica

¼ teaspoon Chamomile Matte mica

1/16 teaspoon red oxide

1/16 teaspoon cobalt blue mica

1/16 teaspoon Brown Oxide

1 tsp Arizona Sandstone mica

To make this a matte mineral mica look, omit the Arizona Sandstone mica. Grind in the oxides a few grains at a time to achieve the look and color you want. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend all oxides in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brown tones foundation:

1/3 tsp Titanium Dioxide

1/3 t Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/3 tsp Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoons Facial Silk

1/2 teaspoon Chamomile Matte mica

1/2 teaspoon Chestnut Brown Matte mica

1/16 teaspoon red oxide #150

1/16 teaspoon brown oxide

Blend well after each addition. Add oxides only a few grains at a time to achieve the color you want. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend all oxides in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellow tones foundation:

1/4 tsp Titanium Dioxide

1/4 t Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/4 t Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoons Facial Silk

1/2 teaspoon yellow oxide

3 teaspoon White Matte mica

1/16 t Red Oxide 150

Add the oxides a few grains at a time to achieve the coloration you want. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend all oxides in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Simply elegant honey:

1/3 tsp Titanium Dioxide

1/3 t Boron Nitride or Sericite

1 teaspoons Facial Silk

1/32 teaspoon red 150 oxide

½ teaspoon Chamomile matte mica

Add the oxides a few grains at a time and blend in well to get the coloration that you prefer. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend all oxides in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Totally buff:

1/3 t Titanium Dioxide

1/3 t Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/3 tsp Zinc Oxide

1 Tablespoon Facial Silk

3 Tablespoons White matte mica

¼ teaspoon yellow oxide

1/16 teaspoons brown oxide

1/16 red 150 oxide

Add the oxides only a few grains at a time, to make the blend to the color you prefer. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend all oxides in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blushes:

Moonlight Serenade

1 teaspoon Cactus Blossom mica

1/2 teaspoon Persimmon Red Matte

3 teaspoons white matte mica

1/16 tsp red #180 oxide

1/32 teaspoon brown oxide

1/16 teaspoon yellow oxide

1 teaspoon facial silk

1/3 t Titanium Dioxide

1/3 t Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon Sericite

Grind in the oxides a few grains at a time to achieve the look and color you want. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atlantic Boardwalk (low luster finish)

1/2 teaspoon Suntan Bronze

1/2 teaspoon Innocence

4 teaspoons makeup base

Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Violet Rhapsody

1/4 teaspoon Violet mica

3 teaspoons Makeup base

1/16 teaspoon Red #180 oxide

1/16 teaspoon yellow oxide

1/32 teaspoon cobalt blue matte

Grind in the oxide a few grains at a time to achieve the look and color you want. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spanish Eyes (Low Luster Finish)

1 teaspoon Suntan Bronze

1/4 teaspoons Arizona Copper

2 Tablespoon Makeup Base

Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night of Love

2 teaspoons Blushing Pink mica

2 Tablespoons White matte mica

1/16 teaspoon red #150 oxide

1/4 teaspoon yellow oxide

1/2 teaspoon Titanium Dioxide

1/2 tsp Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/2 tsp zinc oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

Grind in the oxides a few grains at a time to achieve the look and color you want. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seduction:

1/2 tsp Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon Sericite

1/2 tsp Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

5 teaspoons White matte Mica

2 Tablespoons French Kiss mica

1/16 tsp red oxide 130

1/16 tsp yellow oxide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angels Breath

1 teaspoon Titanium Dioxide

1/2 tsp Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon Sericite

1/2 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

2 Tablespoons White Matte mica

1/2 Teaspoon Iridescent Red mica

1/16 teaspoon red #130 oxide

Grind in the oxide a few grains at a time to achieve the look and color you want. To make it more of a wine color, substitute the red oxide #130 for red oxide 180. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aspen Morning:

1 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

4 teaspoons White Matte Mica

1/2 teaspoon boron nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/16 teaspoon red #150 oxide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eye Shadows:

Candy Apple low luster

1 teaspoons Interference Red

4 teaspoons makeup base

2 teaspoons Cactus Blossom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Illusive

3 Tablespoons White Matte Mica

1/4 teaspoons red #180

1/16 teaspoon cobalt blue matte mica

1/2 teaspoon Aborigine Coral mica

1/2 teaspoon Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/2 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celebration shimmer:

1 Tablespoons Diamond Cluster

1/16 teaspoon Cobalt blue matte

1/16 teaspoon red#150 oxide

1/3 teaspoon Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon Sericite

1 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winter Park:

3 Tablespoons makeup base

1/16 teaspoon red#180 oxide

1/16 teaspoon red#130 oxide

1/2 teaspoon natural suntan bronze

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Royalty Shimmer:

2 Tablespoons Royal Peacock

1 teaspoon Diamond Cluster

2 teaspoons makeup base

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BlueSeas:

1 teaspoons Diamond Cluster

1 teaspoon Aborigine Aqua

1 teaspoon White Pearl

1/2 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1/2 teaspoon Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon Sericite

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smokey Green:

2 teaspoons White Matte mica

1/8 teaspoon Yellow Oxide

1 Tablespoons Egyptian Green mica

1 teaspoon Moonstone Taupe mica

1/2 teaspoon Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon Sericite

1 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1/2 teaspoon Facial Silk

Grind in the oxide a few grains at a time to achieve the look and color you want. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dusk:

2 Tablespoons Moonstone Taupe

½ teaspoon Black Shimmer

½ teaspoon Navy Matte

2 teaspoons Snowflake

1/2 tsp Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1/2 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1/2 teaspoon Facial Silk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight:

1/2 teaspoons red #150 oxide

3 teaspoons white matte mica

1/2 teaspoon pewter shimmer mica

1 teaspoons Burgundy Shimmer mica

1/2 teaspoon Boron Nitride or 1 teaspoon sericite

1 teaspoon Zinc Oxide

1 teaspoon Facial Silk

Grind the oxide into the white matte mica, adding only a few grains at a time. Blend well after each addition. Blend entire product at least 2 minutes to blend in well to prevent streaking of colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CoralSeas:

1 Tablespoon Aborigine Coral

1/2 teaspoon Bronze Shimmer

1 teaspoon 24 karat Gold

1 teaspoon Boron Nitride or Sericite

i wanna try to do this cuz my face changes so quik with the sun that i use 8 different shades throughout the year!!!

Ummm Tinktink 22. If you're face is changing colors that much than you must do this :laughing: I know that colors that I had bought always would look ashy or greenish/gray on me in the summer. Now I have just made like 4 different versions and you can also just go back take some out and modify the color for yourself. go for it.

Icecookies - do you make everything yourself now? your HG foundation too? I am so envious! (Wish I had the time... So many things I want to learn that I have no time for.)

Ice Cookies from the list of instructions that you posted did you buy the colors listed from them or from the other 2 sites that you posted earlier.

Also thank you so much for emailing me all of those notes. You are very sweet and they were very helpful.

I don't know if I'll risk investing in all of the supplies to do this but at least I have the information if I ever want to.

Lilita you should see her stuff. She emailed me a bunch of notes and some swipes of colors and a picture of her table full of her stuff. Beautiful and I can't believe how much stuff she has with how much she spent on supplies but....... she did it.

I still don't think if I'll go in it that deep because I can't see myself following through to get it right if I get it wrong and I have to buy makeup too! :laughing:

But I like thinking that one day I might and appreciate the time Ice cookies took to put all her notes together for me.

I am really impressed with Ice Cookies making her own HG. I may try this next winter. Definitely need to save all this information she's provided! Would love to see some photos of what you made Ice!!!

Ice Cookies, Hi, thank you for your sweet response to my email!

Everybody, Ice-Cookies sent me free of charge 10 eye shadowsl/liners and 10 all over face colors and blushes!!!!!!!! I just sent her an email asking her what would be the cheapest way for me to keep makeup going overall, buying it on the sales or making it my own but that I didn't have $100 to invest upfront and lived in the dorms. Well she asked me for my address, asked for my BE or Lumiere skin color and it was the same as one of her friends so then she emailed me some pics of her colors and asked me if I liked them. I absolutely loved them! So then last night when I get back from class my roommate tells me that our RA has a package for me. I go down there confused and there it was. A package from Cookies! This stuff is amazing and I am so grateful that I can't thank her enough! The most beautiful eyeshadows and I love her blushes better than the Nars that I used to have. When I moved here to go to school I had all my makeup in my carryon and this was in the summer before they made public that you couldn't have makeup on board. It was throw it all away or miss the plane and pay $250 more for the next one which was the next day. Any way so I been struggling all year to make up for the loss. My roommate and friends are dying now! They want to buy it but don't believe me that she just made it all for herself and gave it away. So I emailed and asked her and she said she'd be glad to give them some but wasn't in a business. So I told them about MUT and how we all talk and now>>>>>> I'm sorry Ice I promise that this is exactly how it all happened :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I LOVE YOUR AND YOUR ARE THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lilita. I can answer for Ice Cookies. Yes! She has made more foundation than I could believe. Blushes, shadows, liners, and all over face colors too. My mouth dropped open when I saw all of it. I met her in person on Saturday and then went to her home on Sunday and couldn't believe my eyes!

I made a lot of things too after reading her rave because I had pre bought a lot of the supplies earlier this year but never got around to actually doing it. Together we went back and "fine tuned" the foundations that I had made on my own and now they are perfect! One gives a semi matte finish and the other one gives a slight luminescent glow. We also re-did my finishing powder that is now like Angel by Monave.

Back