The official make your own mmu thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi cozawa - WOW. congratulations to you two for making your own MMU. That is SO SO COOL. Will you or icecookies please post some B/A and M/U pics?

So envious! (And here I am, ordering samples from everywhere)

Definitely I will and she already has some because she emailed me some. I'm at work right now (believe it or not:laughing: ) but when I get out of here I'll do some swatches tonight and put them up. It might be late but keep your eye open for them. Thing is where should I post them, here on on the sticky.

Also, though she said it was easy like I've written somewhere here, I couldn't get my own foundation match right and would have had to start again who knows how many times. But she had a lot of supplies and was kind enough to re-do it with me using her supplies to alter my already finished product. She also re-ground everything to make it much smoother and silkier. It is more expensive than it seems and following the recipes is not going to get you THE color that you want which is why I understood after the fact that she had stated don't follow the recipes rather "play" with it.

So all in all I would say that the $100 I had spent would have turned into much more for sure to get my products really right had I not run into someone so kind as to help me out free of charge.

I think you should post the b/a here because otherwise I think we may want to try to order from you!

And that would definitely be a mistake :laughing:

Then I'll post here tonight.

I said I was going to order supplies. I ordered Micas from one of the suppliers but I don't like the way they look at all on. Way too harsh. Too much glitter and they don't hold up well at all. Just clownish looking to be honest.

Can one of you lend some advice as to what to do to make them more usable? TIA

In fact I can say that my HG(holy grail) turned out to be a HM(huge mess)

Any advice or tips will be gladly taken.

Now I'm back where I started from. I looked on the sites Icecookie gave and copied the post now I read Bridge's post and I'm right back where I started from.

Lilita, how is your chart? I really need to thank you for that. It's so helpful to me.

Hi IceCookies! Everyone I'd like to give a testimonial on Ice Cookies venture.

She's not only a good friend of mine but also a neighbor of mine. In fact, several of us on this board live within a 5 minute drive of each other in suburban Atlanta.

She really did do it and she did a great job. Benefit to me is I got the serious supply from her :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. So looking at what my girlfriend did inspired me to ,........................Inspire another friend to do the same thing when winter comes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I came on looking for her pics or Cal's but I guess I'll have to search through the threads for them. Talk about a Ton of Makeup! Beautiful too. Every color you could look for on the web.

Hi NY! Your on!!!!!!!! I know you are too happy! They finally came back. Congrats. You're too funny. All of you.

Was any of the makeup that you generously gave me from some of what Ice Cookies made? If so which ones so I can compare?

Icecookies, I would also so appreciate it if you would send me the info. I have been thinking and reading about doing this but didn't think I could do it. I sent you my emai in a private email. If you didn't get it PLEASE let me know.

Thanks so much

I would also so much appreciate knowing where you bought the liquid soap. I will send you a pm with my email.

Much thanks

Hoozey,

I haven't sent enough post to send a pm, so I tried sending a direct email. Hope you got it.

Cookies I can't send Pm's yet but I want to send you a private email to help me please. I've got these supplies and all I've made is dirt and a hot mess!

Thanks.

Hi Bridge. All is not lost. I've never made makeup myself but believe me I've heard about it in great detail ever since :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you're having problems try this Make it Yourself Site. Look under the foundations link or post your own questions there. I'm not sure who the host is but Jen always answers questions quickly and is super informative, nice, and helpful.

.http://forums.delphiforums.com/miy1/start

If anyone is looking for specific recipes, please let me know and I'll post them here.

Hi If anyone is interested in recipes for Mineral Makeup products, please let me know what you're looking for and I will post here. I've got tons of them

Urban Diva

i would love to know how to make finishing powder,this is very sweet of you ,thanks

Back