The Official Mineral Makeup Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi every1, this is my first post. i'm a guy first of all..been using dermablend for a while now but i need to switch. dermablend makes my skin kinda peely and cakey looking.. i tryed BE a few days ago, but it breaks me out. i break out very easily..i ordered the free sample kit from everyday minerals, tryed it for the last few days, and it hasnt broke me out so far..the only thing, is that i love the way BE works and looks, but it breaks me out..with everyday minerals, is there something from them or somewhere else similar to BE's mineral veil? i love the way it smooths out my skin before i put on the foundation and all that. or is there another brand totally that would be good for me? remember i break out extremely easily.. thx!

doesnt necessarily have to be mineral makeup, just anything, even designer. anything that wont break me out (which seems to be most stuff), looks natural, and any cost! thxxx

Yes there is, the finishing dust - on the sample kit you can choose between it or a concealer. But if Mineral veil doesn't break you out, you could continue to use it.

question--When applying mineral make-up should I put on the concealer before or after foundation? I've read/seen tuts and it seems to go either way. Is there a benefit from doing it a certain way? Thnx

Originally Posted by angel_eyes4evah question--When applying mineral make-up should I put on the concealer before or after foundation? I've read/seen tuts and it seems to go either way. Is there a benefit from doing it a certain way? Thnx I think apply before putting on foundation, that's what I read all the time.

p.s. can anyone give me tips? I just cant get it too look natural while Im trying to cover my past acne red marks....

also anyone find that it kind of looks cakey in front of the mirror? I think im doing it wrong

Just look really close at your face (get near your mirror and pay attention to the way your face looks). I suggest you wearing concealer prior to foundation application (a green concealer would be awesome to do that) and after just applicate the foundation lightly. The fact is, if you try to cover your acne marks only with foundation, it won't look really good, because the acne areas will look good, but the rest of the face will be "overwhelmed" by the foundation

Originally Posted by lia_matos Yes there is, the finishing dust - on the sample kit you can choose between it or a concealer. But if Mineral veil doesn't break you out, you could continue to use it. i know now gr, i didnt know you could choose when i ordered it...i read somewhere that it IS the mineral veil that breaks people out with the BE. is everyday minerals finishing dust basically the same thing? just gonna have to experiment i guess..any other product that would be good for a guy like me who breaks out easily, anyone?

Originally Posted by angel_eyes4evah question--When applying mineral make-up should I put on the concealer before or after foundation? I've read/seen tuts and it seems to go either way. Is there a benefit from doing it a certain way? Thnx You can do it either way. I personally use concealer first, then foundation, and if I still want to cover something (like a blemish), I use the concealer brush to apply a bit of foundation on top of the blemish, works wonders.

Originally Posted by AndOceans109 i know now gr, i didnt know you could choose when i ordered it...i read somewhere that it IS the mineral veil that breaks people out with the BE. is everyday minerals finishing dust basically the same thing? just gonna have to experiment i guess..any other product that would be good for a guy like me who breaks out easily, anyone? I don't know... I think that try the finishing dust is probably your best bet.

Originally Posted by Thais You can do it either way. I personally use concealer first, then foundation, and if I still want to cover something (like a blemish), I use the concealer brush to apply a bit of foundation on top of the blemish, works wonders. thanx
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by AndOceans109 i know now gr, i didnt know you could choose when i ordered it...i read somewhere that it IS the mineral veil that breaks people out with the BE. is everyday minerals finishing dust basically the same thing? just gonna have to experiment i guess..any other product that would be good for a guy like me who breaks out easily, anyone? I don't know the ingred in BE but I can say I have super sensitive skin & EDM has never broken me out.

Originally Posted by lia_matos I don't know... I think that try the finishing dust is probably your best bet. i looked up the ingredients, theyre both almost the same and both have cornstarch in them (which breaks a lot of people out). im gonna try physician's formula powder tmrw and see what happens.. what about another type of makeup for me that wouldnt break me out. like a designer brand at like macy's or something. what are good brands there that dont usually break people out?

I am a full convert to EDM. Much as I hate to admit it, I love EDM's intensive formula coupled with MAC Fix+. Keeps oil at bay, NEVER melts (in this intense AZ summer), lasts for a full 16 hours! And the finish is super flawless too. I am so amazed. I told everyone I will use BE till the day I die, well, I am eating my words right now (pass the ketchup, please!
biggrin.gif
).

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky I am a full convert to EDM. Much as I hate to admit it, I love EDM's intensive formula coupled with MAC Fix+. Keeps oil at bay, NEVER melts (in this intense AZ summer), lasts for a full 16 hours! And the finish is super flawless too. I am so amazed. I told everyone I will use BE till the day I die, well, I am eating my words right now (pass the ketchup, please!
biggrin.gif
). Hahaha I was a BE enthusiast as well, but I remember everytime I saw Kim's (LVA) FOTDs I was knocked out by how perfect her complexion looked (Thanks Kim!!!
biggrin.gif
); so one day I was like, "ok, this is free anyways, I am sure it won't be nearly half as good as BE but I will give it a try". So 2 days after I got the samples and I was totally blown away... Coverage was better, finish was even more natural, it lasted longer on the face. I still use BE for everything else except lippies (their l/s and l/g are nasty); I love their blushes, all over face colors, glimmers and glimpses, and the mineral veil; but when it comes to foundation, I am all EDM now.
smile.gif

^ I'm exactly like you when it comes to products (and addiction to MAC msfs
biggrin.gif
). Don't you like the finishing dust? I think it's better than mineral veil.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky ^ I'm exactly like you when it comes to products (and addiction to MAC msfs
biggrin.gif
). Don't you like the finishing dust? I think it's better than mineral veil. I actually have a brand new huge container of mineral veil that I got before I got my first EDM samples so I am just using it. I never bothered comparing it to the finishing dust, I will use it tomorrow and see.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz Hey MMU queens! I am a C7 in Mac STudio Fix foundation. What would my EDM equivalent be? I have never used MAC foundations so I cant help you there, sorry...

another question ladies. I love my edm samples but I Have this little issue. Before I was using Benefits get even pressed foundation powder and my t-zone was not very oily. I get better coverage with edm but my t-zone gets SUPER oily VERY quickly. What can I do to fix this? Should I try the marykay oil mattifier? (heard good things about it) Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by angel_eyes4evah another question ladies. I love my edm samples but I Have this little issue. Before I was using Benefits get even pressed foundation powder and my t-zone was not very oily. I get better coverage with edm but my t-zone gets SUPER oily VERY quickly. What can I do to fix this? Should I try the marykay oil mattifier? (heard good things about it) Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks!!!!!!!! You can try a mattifying lotion or primer (I use DDF Daily Matte), and also use blotting papers and blot your T zone a few times a day. You can also re-apply the finishing dust later in the day, that takes care of the oil as well.

Back