The Official Mineral Makeup Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I´m using Alima. Most days I´m just fluffing it on with a brush, but for flawless skin I mix it with aloe vera gel and dust a bit on top of it. Using a moist (spritzed with water or flower hydrosol or whatever)brush works wonders as well.

I ordered some Everyday Mineral samples and I really wanted to like it, as I like the concept of mineral makeup. However the foundation didnt match my yellow toned skin and left an ivory cast over my face. I tried med.beige and med.beige summer. Also, it made my face itch when my face got hot. I love their blush in the shade of 'Apple' though. Even though I ordered the 'daydream' shade in my sample kit,(terrible shade -a dirty mauve brown) I took a risk and ordered a full size of 'apple' without testing it first, because I had read good reviews about the shade, and as I was looking for a blush that left you with a natural flush, it sounded like the colour that I was looking for. Im glad I did coz its a HG natural blush for me.

I was still looking for a mineral foundation though, and I found a great brand which is based in the UK. The website is www.lilylolo.co.uk

They also offer a sample service, and the shades are better for us 'marge simpson' types (i.e Yellow toned skin). I bought the foundation in 'butterscotch' and its a perfect match, with no greasy ivory sheen like I had with EDM. I also love their bronzer in 'South beach', a matte burnt pink shade, which is another HG for me! The company also ships internationally if any one wants to try the Lily Lolo brand.

I have been using Joppa for about 3 weeks and I am a former Jane Iredale user. I love the coverage that I get with Joppa and it's a matte finish which I like much better, the other mineral makeup is too shiny. I think it's a pretty small private label company so you won't hear too much about them it's all by word of mouth. Spikeyli a member here on the board is a Joppa fan hopefully she will see your post and be able to help more.

I use pure luxe cosmetics. I'm quite happy with it. I especially like their foundation primer and their finishing dust april mix a lot. Blush flirt is really beautiful as well. I did order a sample kit of EDM though, as I need a bit more pink in my foundation and I've heard great things about EDM's foundation for cooler skin types.

I think a new thread would be great, I myself am just dabbling in the mineral makeup foundations so I think this would be very helpful to me. thanks Rachael

i just ordered my BE kit from Sephora. i got the fairly light/light one... im so excited. cant hardly wait

I just got my 2nd EDM sample set and WOW OMG!!!! This time I order only the Intensive formula. and they're sooooooo much better than the Matte! Amazing coverage and I think more long lasting and only in a few seconds I'm OK I don't need to re apply and blend blend!

I also got for the foirst time the Finishing Dust, I hope it will make my fndt last longer since I have problems with that!

And I got the Weekend Getaway, it gives to my skin warm but it's not peachy as I expected!

I also noticed that my perfect match with the Intensive formula is Light, while with Matte was Faitly Light, but also the Fairly Light Intensive is very good also!

I'm thinking to order a kit, with both Light and Fairly Light, but now I have to think which 2 blushes to get! Hmmmmmm.........

I am glad you liked it! I cant find a difference between matte and intensive though. I use intensive because it matches my skintone. LOL

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am glad you liked it! I cant find a difference between matte and intensive though. I use intensive because it matches my skintone. LOL Hehe, really on my face make a huge difference on how well it covers my redness and any imperfection. You don't have any imperfections Thais, you have amazing skin, that's why you can't find any difference!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hehe, really on my face make a huge difference on how well it covers my redness and any imperfection. You don't have any imperfections Thais, you have amazing skin, that's why you can't find any difference!
laughing.gif
I strongly disagree with that.
smile.gif
I dont have any redness, but my skintone is uneven and I have little pimples here and there. In any case, we have to agree that EDM is awesome ayways.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I strongly disagree with that.
smile.gif
I dont have any redness, but my skintone is uneven and I have little pimples here and there. In any case, we have to agree that EDM is awesome ayways.
biggrin.gif
Hehe!!
laughing.gif

i just ordered a sample kit from EDM i hope it works nicely. i wasnt a huge fan of bare minerals.

A mineral makeup that's not shiny is Oceanmist. The coverage is good and lasts all day as well. the prices are really reasonable like 12.00 and shipping is free. The finish is matte. I've ordered from Joppa as well but would say between the two Oceanmist is a hands down winner because of the color match, pricing, free shipping, and the generous amount received in the jar.

Hi im a newbie here

I tried 3 different brands of MMU.. BE, Monave, and MHM/lumiere

of all, i can really say that Monave and MHM really are the best

Monave, because, its creamy and the finish is flawless

MHM, is a very good cheap brand.. It has this weird smell at first, but it gives me a flawless look really
laughing.gif

Back