The Official Mineral Makeup Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To apply Mineral Makeup to your face you should use a Kabuki Brush. You could use a powder brush but Kabuki is what is recommended. Here is a link where you can buy the brush(s).

XXXXXXXXXXXX--------links removed by admin----XXXXXXXXXXX

Let me know if you have anymore questions!
smile.gif
7dh.gif

Rivah

Kabuki is the best.There is big different with you apply with some other brush.

The website says that you are supposed to put on the finishing powder after your foundation and blush, I guess it's supposed to make everything last longer.

Has anyone heard of go-natural all in one? It's a compact. Of what? I'm not sure. It's all over the internet, and it's sold on ebay. I don't know whether it's mineral make-up or some other powder, apparently it can used in all parts of the face as an enhancer.

Has anyone tried it? It costs over $40 for a 8g compact - double the price of Bare Essentials mineral foundation. I was looking for reviews for this product but found none. If anyone here knowns anything about it, I'd be happy to be able to learn about it, aside from the hype.

Thanks.

I just tried EDM and hate it, it makes my skin look so dry. I also tried Signature Minerals and it doesn't have good coverage. I like BE but the shades don't work on my light skin. I even tried to mix them all together. I wonder if I will ever find my perfect minerals?!?!

I tried EDM today, didn't work out too well... It goes on nicely but it just accentuates my dry, flaky (and blemished) skin.

I think I'll try Lumiere next.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but wanted to put in my 2 cents.

I've recently jumped on the MMU bandwagon and though I have only sampled 4 different companies, I have fallen in love with Jenulence. I chose them b/c of the addition of serecite and white kaolin clay to their foundations. I am a WoC and live in Florida so a true color, long lasting, matte makeup were important factors for me.

Just wanted to throw that in there. Thanks for reading!

Does any of you know whether EDM samples are the same size as the mini foundation size (2.5g) or are they smaller?

TIA!

ETA: also if someone can post a pic of the mini foundation size it would be greatly appreciated! (I have the sample kit and want to know how they compare to the small regular size). Thanks again!

Is mineral makeup really good for older skin? I've always avoided powder in anything because it makes my skin look awful, sticks in the lines and grooves.

I'm 48 and swear by it! It you get the right brand for you, apply it without a heavy hand, it'll stay on all day and not cake or collect in the lines.

i abs0lutely L0VE mineral makeup. u can literally SLEEP in bare minerals f0undation and it gives u that beautifully airbrushed lo0k

If you're older, or if you have those lines that come of dry skin, then you NEED a hydrosol (plus it helps set your make-up). At least it's worked a treat for me. I always get lines on my eye on the side I sleep on, and powder was making them look a hundred times deeper, even though I moisturise before doing my make-up.

But a quick spritz of hydrosol after finishing up (before mascara) works magic - no more lines. Also useful during the day if I feel myself drying out. And I go lighter with foundation application around my eyes this time of year because my skin goes even drier than it normally does. Seems to be doing fine so far.

I'd like to try mineral makeup but I hear that it makes AA skin look ashy. Does anybody know of any good brands for darker skin tones?

Back