The Official Mineral Makeup Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a poll would be great. I want to buy mineral products, just haven't figured out what brand suits me best.

Yep, good idea!

Well, I've been using BE, but I'm trying other brands - especially eyeshadows. Right now I have nearly 100 colors of BE eyeshadows and want to branch out a bit.

I LOVE mineral makeup! I've been using it for the past four years. I used Sheer Cover for a few years and now I am using Loreal. It was about time for the drugstore to get on board with the mineral makeup!
laughing.gif

I use mineral Make-up and this is my daily 4 step use of mineral make-up:

1. Apply Foundation

2.Apply cheek color

3.Apply Finishing Powder

4.Apply eyeshadow and Mascara

There! you are all done! Its Quick, Easy and Beautiful!

I Absolutely Love Mineral Make-up! I have been using this great stuff called Ethereal Minerals and wow is it awesome! I've been using it for a little over a year now. The foundations,Blushes/bronzers,Finishing Powder,ALL the eyeshadows- everything that you can chose from is just so great! You guys should check out the website! go to: etherealminerals

dot com!

I hope you guys find stuff you like.

The Finishing Powder i use is great i put it on after my foundation and blush. It just sets everthing and is really great at making the make-up last all day long.

Has anyone heard about mineral beauty by jc Nadia paris? I ordered some on ebay but i couldn't find any info about that company on the net

I hope i'm not hijacking this threat - question about mineral makeup eyeshadow

my problem with mineral makeup eyeshadows, is that they never seem to last long - I bought a bunch from Alima (although nowhere near the number as you raininberkeley!!), but they look great when I leave my home, but I feel that they are gone within 2 hours!

perhaps it's the brand I am using? I sometimes use one of those liquid transformers for eyeshadow (only helps a bit with staying power)... should I try something else instead?!

Originally Posted by lulabelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hope i'm not hijacking this threat - question about mineral makeup eyeshadow
my problem with mineral makeup eyeshadows, is that they never seem to last long - I bought a bunch from Alima (although nowhere near the number as you raininberkeley!!), but they look great when I leave my home, but I feel that they are gone within 2 hours!

perhaps it's the brand I am using? I sometimes use one of those liquid transformers for eyeshadow (only helps a bit with staying power)... should I try something else instead?!

Maybe some eye shadow base?Like the one from Fyrinnae or Mad Minerals?

Originally Posted by 1Str8Mizz /img/forum/go_quote.gif a poll would be great. I want to buy mineral products, just haven't figured out what brand suits me best. Mineral Make-up is great it is the best thing i have ever used. You should try Ethereal (Pronounced(eth ee ree al)) Minerals. I have been using it for over a year and i don't think i will ever go back to liquid form make-up. The Foundation has the best coverage,the cheek colors are fanominal, and all the different shades of eyeshadows are killer! And the best part is it lasts all day long! I dont ever have to touch up through out the day. I always end up having to re-do my eyelashes I use covergirl long lasting lash (Queen Latifa) any suggestions on a better mascara?Anyways check out the website its really cool. Its at etherealminerals DOT COM

I love it and i am sure you will too.

No. Sorry

Originally Posted by mamatoboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE mineral makeup! I've been using it for the past four years. I used Sheer Cover for a few years and now I am using Loreal. It was about time for the drugstore to get on board with the mineral makeup!
laughing.gif
I currently use Sheer Cover...just started...well it's alright...I couldn't believe how I paid so much for it yet not that satisfied. Thinking of going with Bare Minerals...

Has anyone tried Physician's Formula mineral wear??

Originally Posted by paisleygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mineral Make-up is great it is the best thing i have ever used. You should try Ethereal (Pronounced(eth ee ree al)) Minerals. I have been using it for over a year and i don't think i will ever go back to liquid form make-up. The Foundation has the best coverage,the cheek colors are fanominal, and all the different shades of eyeshadows are killer! And the best part is it lasts all day long! I dont ever have to touch up through out the day. I always end up having to re-do my eyelashes I use covergirl long lasting lash (Queen Latifa) any suggestions on a better mascara?Anyways check out the website its really cool. Its at etherealminerals DOT COM

I love it and i am sure you will too.

No. Sorry

Is there a way I can purchase this without ordering it online?? I'd like to sample it and see how it works for me...
As for your Mascara situation...Best Mascara for me would be L'Oreal's Voluminous or Diorshow by Christian Dior...and you can use a primer mascara before applying, but I find that u don't really need to use a primer with Voluminous or Diorshow....and if you want to keep the curl on your lashes, I suggest buy the Waterproof cause there's more wax to keep it holding longer. Hope this helps
smile.gif

Can someone tell me what exactly are the benefits of mmu...Is it that much better than regular mu?

What are the pros?

Originally Posted by Nubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can someone tell me what exactly are the benefits of mmu...Is it that much better than regular mu?
What are the pros?

Let me just say that I have stopped using regular make up since I found out about MMU.First of all,there are natural ingredians,so it's perfect for sensitive skin.My oily skin is better since I use mineral foundation.The coverage is great,there are so many color you can choose and ofcourse great prices.You can buy samples for a price 1-3$ or some sample kits which are free,just pay shipping.Just you need to find which company suits you.

I hope you will love mineral make up products
smile.gif

Yes, I definitely am converted to mineral makeups, too. It feels so sheer and weightless and I love the natural glow my skin has. This sounds like a great idea!

I've just had my sample of pure luxe mineral foundation through the post; I ordered 'creamy natural' which is supposed to be a neutral shade, but it makes me look like a tangerine!! I was thinking of testing the 'ivory' shade but i've heard people say that it's more suited to asian skin
frown.gif
Am I just to assume that they don't have a shade to suit my colouring?

Or does anyone know of anything I could add to the foundation to take away some of the yellowness?

Edit; Ooo ok it's not as orange as I thought it was but I can only use a very light layer of it. Wont be too bad for summer time!

I'm sorry your mineral makeup colour wasn't what you expected it to be. Thats happened to me a FEW times, too. If you decide to buy another set, make sure that you get one with matching undertones as your skin. In other words, if you don't have warm or golden undertones, don't buy a makeup that does. Go with one that supports the same as yours. If you want to continue to use the ones that you bought, I would put on a lighter, ivory shade over it to balance it out. This should work nicely until you can by a better, matching shade. Hope this helps!
smile.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif
I have an ivory coloured pressed powder and I put a little bit of that on over the top, seems to have evened it out a bit which is good
smile.gif

Back