The Official Mineral Makeup Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyday minerals in matte or intensive formulation, Aromaleigh, Alima

Originally Posted by LazyKatie Does anyone know of a mineral makeup that isn't shiny? Joppa Minerals, no shine, no bismuth to cause itchies, and 1/3 the price of BE.

Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn Is the discount of 10% still available for EDM? i think it still works.

Originally Posted by sadhunni i think it still works. How can you get this 10% off????

Originally Posted by sadhunni enter HSN during checkout. you mean in the code box right? And this code changes quickly?

i tried the EDM original glo formula and semi-matte. but sadly, i didnt quite like it. the original glo makes my pores look so obvious and a bit shiny (i dont have oily skin anymore). the semi-matte was ok though. i'm actually waiting for my intensive formula samples to arrive, hope it works on me. right now, it's still BE for me.

Illuminaire, a liquid mineral makeup that ive tried is also great! i love this next to my BE. they've got some samples, too.... but not free =P i love the fantastic finish. they have this ultimate finish, w/c is in matte, that is highly water resistant and doesnt budge, perfect for oily skin people..application is quite tricky at first, tho'...but practice makes perfect. =))

Hello all.

I have been using mineral makeup (off and on) for about 2 years. I've used BE, Sheer cover, EDM, Alima and Lauress. My favorite 2 are Alima and Lauress. I've recently been using my minerals "wet" meaning getting my foundation brush wet w/water not moisturizer and mixing it with the foundation. I love the sheer look and it feels nicer on my skin than the dry.

Is there anyone that uses Lauress currently? I got some samples and can't decide which foundation is best for me. I am a W1 in Alima which is a perfect match for me. My MAC color is NC20.

maryfitz24: I use Lauress right now. It's the most velvety of all the mineral makeups I've tried (I've tried EDM and BE apart from Lauress). The coverage is flawless but very natural. I spritz MAC Fix+ moisture spray on my 182 brush after swirling the minerals in it, then I buff as usual. I mix Light Natural with Gentle Beige. I'm an NC 30. I would guess your shade is Light Natural.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif maryfitz24: I use Lauress right now. It's the most velvety of all the mineral makeups I've tried (I've tried EDM and BE apart from Lauress). The coverage is flawless but very natural. I spritz MAC Fix+ moisture spray on my 182 brush after swirling the minerals in it, then I buff as usual. I mix Light Natural with Gentle Beige. I'm an NC 30. I would guess your shade is Light Natural. Thank you periwinkle sky. I will try that shade. The customer service suggested I order radiant gold, soft gold and the lightest ivory. I too use the mineral wet. It feels better on my skin.
Lauress has the nicest feel of any of the several mineral brands I've tried. That's why I am so anxious to try and get the right shade.

Thanks again.

MaryEllen

Periwinkle sky: Do you use the primer, concealer and finishing powder from Lauress? I bought samples of these in kick start light, vanilla, and light finishing but am wondering if these are all necessary.

Thanks again for the color choice. I will be ordering it in the next few days.

MaryEllen

^Hi, I haven't tried the primer/concealer but the finishing powder is very good and the main ingredient is kaolin clay instead of cornstarch. The finishing powder sets the makeup and keeps it from melting. You would definitely need the finishing powder.

As much as I love EDM, they dont' have a color that really matches my skin, so I have to mix. Some days I get the mix right, and others I don't. Its such a pain that I only attempt it every once and a while. Otherwise I love the coverage and finish.

I just bought some brand at Sally's beauty supply this weekend because I wanted to try it so much. I'm *not* a foundation wearer, so this is new for me. I like it so far, but was surprised to see that by making my skin tone even I now need to find a nice shade of blush! I do like how my skin looks though. Very natural!

Back