***The Official NHL Playoff 2008 Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol... Not me. Our draft is Thursday and call in on Friday so I suspect we'll be playing summer hockey this weekend!!
smile.gif

I love those 2 week off seasons!! Lol

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif And Petr Sakora rips one past Osgood... Half way through tripple OT!! As the Penns beat the Wing IN Detroit!!!
reddance.gif
reddance.gif
reddance.gif

Fleury had 55 saves. Unbelievable.

I didn't stay up to watch and just saw the highlights this morning...
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

But it looked like a great ending to a great game. Good job Penguins!

-Tracy

Originally Posted by linda_marie_606 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Fleury had 55 saves. Unbelievable. Originally Posted by TracySchapes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't stay up to watch and just saw the highlights this morning...
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

But it looked like a great ending to a great game. Good job Penguins!

-Tracy

Yeah!! Marc Andre was standing on his head to make some of those saves.... Kept the Penns in the game..... Gonchar went out after getting crunched bad but came back for the 3rd overtime to help and having a 4 minute power play because one of the Red Wings drew blood on a high sticking doesn't hurt either....
I was so wired that I stayed up till 3 am watching Top Gear on BBC America...

I am so tired - I didn't fall asleep until 2am. I got up at 8 - I am too old to go on 6 hours of sleep.

With all due respect, Detroit got a few CRAPPY penalties - including the two interferance penalties that they did not deserve.

Notice how the officials can't look at themselves when Crosby cries like a baby - he needs to learn that a true leader doesn't whine.

Wednesday 8pm be there or be square.

Detroit is going to put this series to bed.

you might be right about those two penalties, but the one that let to the game winning power play for Pittsburg was justified IMHO (ha ha like I'm some kind of authority) hey i want the checking rule explained better.

No doubt, the last penalty was justified.

It was a high stick - 2 minutes. Blood is drawn - 2 additional minutes.

What checking rule do you need help with?

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am so tired - I didn't fall asleep until 2am. I got up at 8 - I am too old to go on 6 hours of sleep.
With all due respect, Detroit got a few CRAPPY penalties - including the two interferance penalties that they did not deserve.

Notice how the officials can't look at themselves when Crosby cries like a baby - he needs to learn that a true leader doesn't whine.

Wednesday 8pm be there or be square.

Detroit is going to put this series to bed.

Hey... Hit the goalie and go to the box!!! lol
And the checking rules are.... if you check someone wrongly in the first and second periods and get caught you go to the box... If you check some one wrongly in the third and get seen by a ref.... maybe you go to the box... In OT... anything goes except if you cut someone and they bleed...
biggrin.gif

I want to add to the checking rules:

If you check someone in game one, you get watched in game two.

Then they give you a penalty in game three for good measure.

I liked that the officials let the game go on without too many penalties.

I saw lots of trips and elbows, but it made the game more fun to watch.

And when blood is drawn, then you know it is more then just a game!

no my question is more basic than that. (i am still such a hockey newbie) . can you only check next to the boards or can you just come up and level someone in the open ?

You have to admit the wings were really hitting it hard in the third period, they were really relentless. Tying it up in the last 34 secs, AHHHHHH. The champagne was already chilled!

Oh well there's always Wednesday. We'll see....

-Tracy

You can hit any where as long as the player you hit... has or just had the puck.. usually... Open ice hit's are harder than on the boards but Kromwall is a master of taking people out... Darius Kasperitus was also great at blind siding forwards especially if they looked down for a second... Keep you head up and stick on the ice....

When a check occurs away from the boards, it can be spectaculer.

Scott Stevens retired from the New Jersey Devils. He was the master at taking his opponents out!

As Karren said, the opponent has to have possession of the puck, or just got rid of it. If a check occures well after the puck was passed, the checker will be facing a penalty - interferance maybe.

If the checker throws a check, his skates have to be on the ice. If not, this could be a penalty like charging.

You know Darla, by this time next year you will be a pro. We'll be calling you hockey girl!

3863242_400x400.jpg
Hockey girl? moi? i have a long way to go. at least i have learned icing then again i did understand offsides in soccer.

hockey%20girl%201.JPG

SCOREEEE!!!!!!
rockwoot.gif

ETA: You know I think I'll always be a Flyers fan, but watching these two teams I feel like I'm watching Kung Fu Hockey or something!
tongue.gif
They both definitely deserve their spots in the playoffs!
rockwoot.gif

Way to Go Detroit holding the Pens off while down 2 men!!!!

ETA: SCOREEE!!!!
rockwoot.gif

2-0 Detroit woot woot!!!

ETA: 2-1 Detroit (still woot but kinda bleh)
tongue.gif

Woot Woot!!! The cup is coming to Newfoundland
biggrin.gif

Congratulations to Detroit! Stanley Cup Champions 2008!

Zetterberg wins the Conn Smyth Trophy!

I wanted a Canadian team to win - Detroit is 3 hours from here - they'll do!

Next year it will be Toronto all the waaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Next year it will be Toronto all the waaayyyyyyyyy!!!!! LMAO
laughing.gif

Ya know there is only one thing sweeter than winning the cup - it's winning the cup in your opponents arena!

My apologies, it was a gallant effort but not quite - good luck Penguins next year. Yer gonna need it when Toronto kicks yer asses!!!

You can't keep a good octopi down - way to go Detroit - this year.

Next year, Toronto is gonna kick yer asses too.

What happened? I was at my nephews graduation ceremony and couldn't watch the game.
bawling.gif

Ok, I just saw some high-lights and it looked like a good game. The Penguins are a young team and they'll be even better next year, you watch!

Sorry Karen, Wings have the 11th Stanley Cup which is third most after the Montreal Canadiens and the The Toronto Maple Leafs, not bad company.

I wish I could go down to Hockytown tonight, but I've got work and go to school tomorrow.

Life is what happens when your busy thinking about something else (variation on John Lennon's quote).

-Tracy

Back