The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way MAC would be subject to trademark erosion, though. There are too many makeup brands in the market to warrant the notion that MAC would become generic. No one's going around calling L'Oreal products MAC. All lipsticks, eye shadows, blushes, etc would have to generically be called MAC. Not gonna happen. It's not at all the same thing as calling Puffs tissues Kleenex, which everyone does, even though Kleenex continues to work against becoming generic. It's just not comparable. Just because MAC is not hunting down this Silver idiot does not mean they do nothing to protect their trademark. They provide a clear list of what sites and stores are authorized distributors and encourage people to purchase from them in order to ensure authenticity. It's not cost efficient to chase after every counterfeiter or unauthorized seller. However I'm sure if Maybelline started counterfeiting their product (lol, really?), MAC has the right to, and probably would, sue. My point is, you can't get angry at MAC for not trying shutting this lady's site down. If you're a victim, it would behoove you to lodge complaints with the IC3, FTC, and Ripoff Report instead of the cosmetics companies themselves.

I think Posh Pod is a little fish in a very big pond and in the eyes of the Makeup Giants it's probably more cost effective to go after the source of the product rather than the outsources. What she's doing is definitely wrong and I hope that anyone who got the pod did take action to get their money back. She is for sure praying on other ladies who are not as knowledgeable about how often high end brands are counterfeited.

The Sindulge discussion reminded me to check on the Posh Pod and I noticed there has been ZERO activity since May. Their last post was May 11 and they closed down their wall - as mentioned above - to people posting on their wall. ALL comments since have been deleted. I wonder how long before they shut down.

I wish I could have gotten a refund for the April pod that I purchased.  I tried to be nice and contact them requesting a refund after trying out a product in the pod and getting an eyelid infection from it but, was refused.  By then it was too late to file a Paypal dispute since they made you pay so far in advance and their customer service sucks and was extremely slow to respond to me.  Dreamsniper1 was extremely lucky to get a refund and not try a product.  I wish I had found you guys first and I would have never subscribed.  I am extremely happy to have found this group of wonderful people and love reading threads daily!  Thank you for being so informative and wonderful!

You seriously got an eye infection?

Originally Posted by Elara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I could have gotten a refund for the April pod that I purchased.  I tried to be nice and contact them requesting a refund after trying out a product in the pod and getting an eyelid infection from it but, was refused.  By then it was too late to file a Paypal dispute since they made you pay so far in advance and their customer service sucks and was extremely slow to respond to me.  Dreamsniper1 was extremely lucky to get a refund and not try a product.  I wish I had found you guys first and I would have never subscribed.  I am extremely happy to have found this group of wonderful people and love reading threads daily!  Thank you for being so informative and wonderful!

Yep.  I still have a pink area on my eyelid that gets dry and flaky and it has been over a month since I tried the eyeshadow that did it.  I have never had this kind of problem before from any makeup I have tried.  I wonder what the heck was in it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Elara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep.  I still have a pink area on my eyelid that gets dry and flaky and it has been over a month since I tried the eyeshadow that did it.  I have never had this kind of problem before from any makeup I have tried.  I wonder what the heck was in it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Oh, wow. I'm so sorry! Posh Pod is AWFUL.

It was an LA Colors eyeshadow that was in the pod.  They are definitely an awful business.

You should file a dispute anyways and explain to Paypal that you had to pre-pay in advance and unfortunately the products gave you an infection. While you may or may not get a refund at least there will be another complaint on record with Paypal against them.

I did that but, I don't think it did any good.  Paypal immediately closed it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should file a dispute anyways and explain to Paypal that you had to pre-pay in advance and unfortunately the products gave you an infection. While you may or may not get a refund at least there will be another complaint on record with Paypal against them.

icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's a good overview of the issues companies face trying to curb counterfeit makeup on ebay. UD was the only brand willing to talk to the reporter about their tactics.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hillaryreinsberg/buying-makeup-online-exercise-caution
That article makes confirms to me that UD is going to China not to try to change the Chinese government's mind about animal testing but rather to stop counterfeiters since they're losing money to them. In other words, it's about the money. Why allow counterfeiters to use their name when they can go there themselves and make the money.

You're absolutely correct. The Chinese luxury market is very strong and very large, with a parallel market filled with knockoffs and counterfeit products. There's alot of money to be made.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That article makes confirms to me that UD is going to China not to try to change the Chinese government's mind about animal testing but rather to stop counterfeiters since they're losing money to them. In other words, it's about the money. Why allow counterfeiters to use their name when they can go there themselves and make the money.

Paypal is not helping me close this case either.  I didn't realize that it set up a monthly charge and it charged me for June...and no one is responding to my request at a refund.  I have since cancelled the reoccuring payment but they still owe me for June.  I am not a fan of scam artisits, and ladies that is exactly what Posh Pod is. 

I am new to MUT and just saw the first page with the obviously fake stash of Chanel compacts and palettes.

Isn't it a Federal Crime to sell counterfeit trademarked items? I am not an attorney but think it has to do with the tie- in to supporting terrorists' or funding organized crime.

When I want Chanel, I go to the Chanel website or cosmetic counter. Why would anyone take a chance with " samples" from one of the top brands, but also one known to have 1001 knock-offs on eBay, etc?. Ditto with the much-overhyped MAC.

Urban Decay usually makes their highest priced palette cases very hard to fake. I applaud them for the efforts in their artwork.

It's so sad that some criminal did this..

Back