The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe those posts are still up. She usually deletes ones like that hella fast. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't believe those posts are still up. She usually deletes ones like that hella fast. 
Maybe she doesn't realize it's there because it's under her post and not posted directly on the Posh Pod wall.

I'm amazed! I just came upon this thread after reading Zadi's blog post on this company.  I have to agree with those who've said she's a scammer. Makes me wonder how many subscribers she still has who may not be as savvy about makeup. I watched the cheesy videos, and really don't understand why she would amp up all the high end stuff, when the majority of the items are filler from dollar stores or lot sales. It makes me angry to think she's made a profit out of selling cheap/old/discontinued items and fakes. Even a hundred bags will give her a cool 3K. No reason for a legitimate business person to not know her items are counterfeit, and it's shady that she hasn't had any new info up for over 2 weeks on her facebook page. Hope she gets her comeuppance.

My question after all of this, after getting the bag myself and realizing that the stuff in it was not legit is how many subscribers she does have.  She didn't buy very many lots on ebay from what I saw you ladies post on here.  Out of all of the stuff that I received there were five products that were possibly bought on ebay (and were also fakes).  Five products is quite a few compared to what she actually purchased online that we can see.  It is all very odd.  I am still waiting on paypal to get back with me regarding my dispute.  I sent her an email as well but have not heard anything from her. 

It's possible that other than EBay she's buying off "wholesale" websites. There are a few I'm aware of that sells the exact items she sent out.

She agreed to refund my money.  I got a notification last night from Paypal.  I am glad.  I suppose the best thing to do is to throw the package away since she did not take me up on my offer to return it to her once I got my money. 

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And as of this morning the facebook comments are GONE.
Yup. I screencapped them, and I know someone else did as well. I see she also removed the ability for others to post comments on her wall. 

I noticed that too (also got a screencap).  Why take down the positive "I'm excited" posts that people posted?  Doesn't make sense.  I guess it was too many people to ban from the page.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. I screencapped them, and I know someone else did as well. I see she also removed the ability for others to post comments on her wall. 

I got a reply from Chanel customer service that they're forwarding the complaint and link to the pictures on MUT along and that they're looking into it. Maybe Chanel is better to contact than MAC? It would be the same result if this service gets shut down.

I'd love to see MAC involved though because their products are ALWAYS counterfeited. While Posh Pod may not be making the counterfeits they are KNOWINGLY sending out counterfeit products.

It is irresponsible of MAC if they're not out there protecting their name more--esp when so many of the counterfeit products sold as MAC are unsafe to use. But I'm just happy that one of these companies says they're looking into it.

Originally Posted by dreamsniper1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She agreed to refund my money.  I got a notification last night from Paypal.  I am glad.  I suppose the best thing to do is to throw the package away since she did not take me up on my offer to return it to her once I got my money. 
I would hold onto the crap Chanels and MACs it in case there are questions later -- and if you can get any use at all from something like the makeup bag, you have earned it.

Wow this thread is something else! I read through it all this weekend because I was initially sad thinking a new sub service started and I missed out! Thanks to this site I realized I was lucky! Hope this all gets resolved!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow this thread is something else! I read through it all this weekend because I was initially sad thinking a new sub service started and I missed out! Thanks to this site I realized I was lucky! Hope this all gets resolved!
You didn't miss anything but a scam.  I had hopes for this company but after receiving a package from them I realized how much of a scam it truly was. 

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would hold onto the crap Chanels and MACs it in case there are questions later -- and if you can get any use at all from something like the makeup bag, you have earned it.
I think that is a great idea.  I had originally planned on just dumping the whole thing in the garbage but on second thought I decided to keep it just in case I ever needed to compare the obvious fakes.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is irresponsible of MAC if they're not out there protecting their name more--esp when so many of the counterfeit products sold as MAC are unsafe to use. But I'm just happy that one of these companies says they're looking into it.
I don't see how it's MAC's responsibility to curb counterfeits, though. It is so easy to avoid them - purchase directly from MAC or an authorized retailer. The only people affected by counterfeits are the ones who are trying to save a couple bucks, and that comes with some risks. Not everyone is avvy about makeup, but it's dumb to think there's no risk in buying a $2 "MAC" eyeshadow from eBay. Additionally, a lot of the people purchasing counterfeits already know what they are and just don't care. It's not the company's responsibility to hold people's hands and steer them away from these products. Personal responsibility and common sense should be sufficient.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't see how it's MAC's responsibility to curb counterfeits, though. It is so easy to avoid them - purchase directly from MAC or an authorized retailer. The only people affected by counterfeits are the ones who are trying to save a couple bucks, and that comes with some risks. Not everyone is avvy about makeup, but it's dumb to think there's no risk in buying a $2 "MAC" eyeshadow from eBay. Additionally, a lot of the people purchasing counterfeits already know what they are and just don't care. It's not the company's responsibility to hold people's hands and steer them away from these products. Personal responsibility and common sense should be sufficient.
i disagree, plenty of brands make strides to prevent the selling of counterfeits on the internet and i think they should. chanel makes efforts to seize websites that sell their fakes and i'm pretty sure coach goes after counterfeit sellers on ebay too. while it might rest on the consumer to be an informed buyer, i think it's definitely the responsibility of the brand to patrol what has their label on it.

i know if i was the maker of an expensive product i wouldn't want someone making a cheap knock off that has my name on it, but is made of a lower quality and/or has potentially harmful ingredients in it.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not the company's responsibility to hold people's hands and steer them away from these products. Personal responsibility and common sense should be sufficient.
whilst i agree with you in theory, i don't think the majority of the makeup buying public are educated enough to distinguish between the real and the fake. also, personal responsibility and common sense are severely lacking, or at least not exercised, by most people sadly enough.

Legally, it's actually the company's responsibility to pursue this sort of thing to protect their trademark.  No trademark enforcement = trademark erosion.  Did you know heroin and aspirin were originally trademarks of Bayer?  Thanks in part to not protecting their trademarks and in part to the Treaty of Versailles, those two words are now generic terms.  But Kleenex?  Kimberly-Clark vigorously defends their trademark.  The Burberry check pattern?  Trademarked.  Ever notice how sue-happy Disney is when it comes to their stuff?  Same exact thing.  If MAC doesn't pursue legal action against counterfeiters, they can't turn around and sue, say, Maybelline if that company decided to start packaging their stuff exactly like MAC.

Back