The Posh Pod discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've reported their Facebook page to Facebook but doubt Facebook will do anything until a company like Chanel or MAC steps in. MAC and Chanel won't do anything either since it's been reported to them she's reselling counterfeits ways back before she even sent out the first box. I think the best bet is for those who bought boxes is to report her to Paypal for reselling counterfeit products and report her to her state's Dept of Business Licenses and the Attorney General in her state.

This is quite sad because I'm sure she is taking advantage of women who are not as informed on all this as we all are. They are probably going to put this crap on their faces too which makes me mad actually that this women has the audacity to hurt others just to make a buck. I wonder how many women who do not read this forum received this pod with the fake products.

It is sad. I find Gina/Silver to be disgusting because they are knowingly buying products from EBay and potentially "wholesale" sites (which sell counterfeits since MAC, Chanel and all the other Prestige/Designer brands do NOT get rid of their products that way) then claim they're purchasing their stuff through reputable 3rd party vendors but give off the impression they're working with the companies directly.

I sent a request through Paypal to cancel my subscription based on the fact that these are fakes.  The chanel blusher was too obvious even to my untrained eye.  I have never been able to afford Chanel products before so I knew when I saw the crappy container that the blush was in that it was a fake.  This is a very sad situation.  I had high hopes that they could turn this problem around but it seems that they are unable to.  Very sad, indeed. 

Absolutely pathetic. I hope this goes to court -- she's ripping people off 100% and after all of her whining and witching about anti-counterfeiting, she should have to face real consequences for this crap. It literally makes me angry.

I could tell they are fakes just by the lettering. I wouldn't have known that pre MUT.

I'm not surprised at all. I wonder how many subscribers she has. I think its funny how silver/gina talked about having cancer & how high end products helped her.

This has to stop

Yikes! That is not cool & that really makes me really mad that she is doing this & getting away with it.

You should be able to cancel your subscription yourself but I don't remember how you do it. Anyone? If you have already been charged for June, you can file a dispute to get your money back.

Originally Posted by dreamsniper1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent a request through Paypal to cancel my subscription based on the fact that these are fakes.  The chanel blusher was too obvious even to my untrained eye.  I have never been able to afford Chanel products before so I knew when I saw the crappy container that the blush was in that it was a fake.  This is a very sad situation.  I had high hopes that they could turn this problem around but it seems that they are unable to.  Very sad, indeed. 

I will be interested to hear what that blogger who spent so much time on the phone with them and was defending them thinks.

anyone who paid for this junk should be able to file a pay pal dispute, since you received counterfeit goods, that way you can hopefully get your money back.

Originally Posted by AuntOly1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be interested to hear what that blogger who spent so much time on the phone with them and was defending them thinks.
I don't think she was 'defending' the posh pod folks.  I think she way trying to tell both sides of the story as she had heard them.  You can't blame her if she was lied to.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should be able to cancel your subscription yourself but I don't remember how you do it. Anyone? If you have already been charged for June, you can file a dispute to get your money back.
When I canceled my pod, I first canceled my Posh Pod account on PayPal.  Then, I emailed [email protected] and asked Silver to cancel my membership, and asked her to let me know once she had done so, which she did.

After I received confirmation from Silver that my membership was canceled, I emailed Silver again at [email protected] and asked if I could return my pod, but I never heard back from her.  For what it is worth, this is what I wrote to her:

[SIZE=10pt]Hi Silver,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I read a review of the Posh Pod on a website called Makeuptalk.com, where they seem to have identified some of your purchases from ebay of the exact products which are in my posh pod.  I clicked on the links they showed and it looks like you bought at least 24 of the items in my pod off of ebay.  Your website suggests that you get your samples from the manufacturers, so, if you are buying your products from ebay, you are misleading your customers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I took a closer look at the contents of my pod and, while most of the samples were sealed and looked o.k., there were a couple of old and scary looking samples.  So, I looked for expiration dates and I did not find a single expiration date on any of the samples!  Maybe they don’t put expiration dates on samples, but now I am afraid to use any of the products, because I don’t know if they are real or fakes with who-knows-what in them.  And, since there are no expiration dates, and if you did buy them off of ebay, neither of us know how old the samples are.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So, please refund my purchase price for my April pod.  I will be happy to mail the contents of my pod back to you.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you very much.[/SIZE]

----------

Anyone have any ideas of what dreamsniper1 and the rest of us should do with our pods?

Thank you!

I would love to get my money back for Aprils pod but I paid in March & if you want to dispute it, you have to do it within 45 days. I could be wrong about the number of days but I'm pretty sure its too late.

I tossed everything. The arbonne products are probably ok but I still tossed it...didn't want to take a chance. My skin is precious to me!

I canceled my account on paypal first too but I don't remember exactly how you cancel subscriptions on paypal.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I canceled my pod, I first canceled my Posh Pod account on PayPal.  Then, I emailed [email protected] and asked Silver to cancel my membership, and asked her to let me know once she had done so, which she did.

After I received confirmation from Silver that my membership was canceled, I emailed Silver again at [email protected] and asked if I could return my pod, but I never heard back from her.  For what it is worth, this is what I wrote to her:

[SIZE=10pt]Hi Silver,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I read a review of the Posh Pod on a website called Makeuptalk.com, where they seem to have identified some of your purchases from ebay of the exact products which are in my posh pod.  I clicked on the links they showed and it looks like you bought at least 24 of the items in my pod off of ebay.  Your website suggests that you get your samples from the manufacturers, so, if you are buying your products from ebay, you are misleading your customers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I took a closer look at the contents of my pod and, while most of the samples were sealed and looked o.k., there were a couple of old and scary looking samples.  So, I looked for expiration dates and I did not find a single expiration date on any of the samples!  Maybe they don’t put expiration dates on samples, but now I am afraid to use any of the products, because I don’t know if they are real or fakes with who-knows-what in them.  And, since there are no expiration dates, and if you did buy them off of ebay, neither of us know how old the samples are.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So, please refund my purchase price for my April pod.  I will be happy to mail the contents of my pod back to you.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you very much.[/SIZE]

----------

Anyone have any ideas of what dreamsniper1 and the rest of us should do with our pods?

Thank you!

It consistently amazes me that she hasn't got in trouble yet. It's actually a bit mind blowing. I figured this nonsense would make Chanel irate. 

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It consistently amazes me that she hasn't got in trouble yet. It's actually a bit mind blowing. I figured this nonsense would make Chanel irate. 
Seriously! And MAC as well. From what I had heard, I thought they took this kind of stuff pretty seriously. I haven't seen any action on their end, though. 

Latest posts

Back