The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread!!! I might participate, but if not I'll definitely be following!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome! There's no set rules or amount of m/u items in the project pan thread. Everybody has their own thing going on. You can even participate with only one item in your project pan. But you can just follow the thread too!

I added Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait to my pile because it was twisting in the tube and rubbing off on the edge of the package, so I wanted to use it up. I used it 3 times and then I just threw it out in a fit of annoyance because it got all over my hands every time. Those packages are so poorly designed. Anyone else had that problem with them? I know I could depot it, but I hate using lip products from pans/pots. I still might fish it out of my little trash can and do that though . . . 

I added Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait to my pile because it was twisting in the tube and rubbing off on the edge of the package, so I wanted to use it up. I used it 3 times and then I just threw it out in a fit of annoyance because it got all over my hands every time. Those packages are so poorly designed. Anyone else had that problem with them? I know I could depot it, but I hate using lip products from pans/pots. I still might fish it out of my little trash can and do that though . . . 
I've never had any trouble with any of mine... perhaps you're applying them a bit too harshly and breaking them/shifting them in the tube? or it might just be melting by now if you've had it for too long and its been kept in a warm place. 

If anything, I thought they were very well designed... my tube is always pristine clean. 

I've never had any trouble with any of mine... perhaps you're applying them a bit too harshly and breaking them/shifting them in the tube? or it might just be melting by now if you've had it for too long and its been kept in a warm place. 

If anything, I thought they were very well designed... my tube is always pristine clean. 
No, I don't treat them any differently from anything else I own. It's only this one tube that's done it, though I've seen other bloggers complain about the same thing happening with them, so I'm not alone.

No, I don't treat them any differently from anything else I own. It's only this one tube that's done it, though I've seen other bloggers complain about the same thing happening with them, so I'm not alone.
Weird! well hopefully you can just finish it and toss lol. life is too short to be fighting with makeup packaging, seriously. 

I think I may add a few items to my project pan list. I will have to go through my stash tomorrow since I'm off & decide and retake pictures.

It will give me more of a variety to use and work on using up multiple items. Project pan has really inspired me to use makeup I already have. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sheesh...I gave my daughter my Lorac Unzipped Palette when I got 2 Naked palettes for Christmas.  She said she never uses it and gave it back to me so now I have even more eyeshadows to work through!  I do love that palette and missed it though, and have already hit pan on a few colors, but still......

Last edited by a moderator:
@@chibimorph If you want to know how much is left of your primer, try putting it upside down for the night. Then you can get all the air out in the morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That was a great tip.  I had the same problem as chibimorph, I was trying to finish an eyeshadow primer but had no idea how much was left.  I got the air out and was surprised that I have a lot less remaining than I had thought!

I finished my Lorèal voluminous million lashes mascara today! Going to replace it with my Too faced lashgasm mascara. I really love that one, so will probably be easier to go through! Really hated the lorèal one.. It clumped alot..

Ok, I've revised my list of project pan items:

I removed the Avon e/s single in copper from the list.  It's pretty new and I have plenty of time to get to that one.

1. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash e/s Rose Gold - Goal: finish it

2. Avon Ultra Color Lipstick Toasted Rose - Goal: finish it

3. LORAC Behind the Scenes e/s Primer - Goal: finish it

4. Avon Ideal Flawless Pressed Powder - Goal: finish it

5. Avon Ideal Flawless Liquid Foundation - Goal: finish it

6. LORAC Unzipped Palette - Goal: hit pan on more colors (I already hit pan on 2)

7. NYC Bronzer - Sunny - Goal: hit pan (I don't even have a dent in it yet & I've worn it alot)

8. Naked 3 Palette - Goal: hit pan on something (a few colors have dents in it)

10. Avon Glazewear lipgloss Palm Beach Pink - Goal: finish it 

DSCN2841.JPG

DSCN2842.JPG

I removed the Avon e/s single in copper from the list.  It's pretty new and I have plenty of time to get to that one.

6. LORAC Unzipped Palette - Goal: hit pan on more colors (I already hit pan on 2)

7. NYC Bronzer - Sunny - Goal: hit pan (I don't even have a dent in it yet & I've worn it alot)

The unzipped palette looks so pretty! 

Awesome list! and good luck on all those shadows.

I seriously need to just spend lots of time and use up my naked palette -- I love the thing but now rarely use it, and it's the oldest palette in my collection.

That unzipped palette is lovely... I've been eyeing it for a long time now. 

The unzipped palette looks so pretty! 
Oh it is!  So many rosy/coppery/bronze colors!  As you can see it's been well loved. LOL  At least until I got a couple of the Naked palettes. I'm having fun rediscovering this gem. What was I thinking when I thought I didn't want it anymore?

Awesome list! and good luck on all those shadows.

I seriously need to just spend lots of time and use up my naked palette -- I love the thing but now rarely use it, and it's the oldest palette in my collection.

That unzipped palette is lovely... I've been eyeing it for a long time now. 
I'm going to need luck!  Trying to use up (or at least put a dent in) all these shadows is a daunting task.  That's why my goal is only to hit pan on at least 1 shadow in the palettes.  I want to be realistic and not set myself up to get discouraged and give up.  It's going to take a loooong time just to accomplish that!

The Lorac Unzipped palette was my 1st high end palette.  Back when I got it my stash was very small still.  I think I only owned 2 Avon quads and a small Avon 8 pan palette.  Ahhhh, back in the innocent, uncomplicated makeup days! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Boy what the heck happened in the last yr. & a half!? My stash tripled!

I'm going to need luck!  Trying to use up (or at least put a dent in) all these shadows is a daunting task.  That's why my goal is only to hit pan on at least 1 shadow in the palettes.  I want to be realistic and not set myself up to get discouraged and give up.  It's going to take a loooong time just to accomplish that!

The Lorac Unzipped palette was my 1st high end palette.  Back when I got it my stash was very small still.  I think I only owned 2 Avon quads and a small Avon 8 pan palette.  Ahhhh, back in the innocent, uncomplicated makeup days! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Boy what the heck happened in the last yr. & a half!? My stash tripled!
lol!!! the innocent uncomplicated makeup days. I miss those. I used the heck out of my naked palette and my favorite was the shade sidecar... now I cringe at that one because out of all 12 shades, it's the one that's fallout gallore. And i wore that to class! GAH!

If I manage to finish my naked palette, someday, I'll get the lorac unzipped. I love rose gold-ish shades... they seem to compliment my warm NC37 skintone. Shadows are some of the hardest things though... because a) there's so many colors, and B) they take so long to finish.

I once used to fall for the "more product for your dollar!" thing when it came to shadows, but a 1.5g of packed color power is HARD to finish. I only have 2 (rather small) lids. So I don't care so much about bang for buck anymore. More about quality. The only ones I still look at as "hmmm, how much product do I get?" are more for my every day shades... crease shades and browbone highlight... because those get used on the daily, so I am sure I can go through them faster.

Very cool thread. Love it. Still working on having something to contribute
Welcome! Can't wait to see your items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

:wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

You're making me blush! Thanks for having me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Alright, so like my love @@BSquared, I am going to be making my rules and list. Though honestly, life situations have currently changed and now I am not in any NEED to burn through products, so my project pan is more aimed at getting use out of them rather than completing by a specific date.

As you will see, most of my items are ....almost entirely unused. That's my problem. There's a lot of makeup in the exact same condition in my collection. So really, I just want to get some use out of it (except for the cream products, those HAVE to get finished before they go bad).

Here are my rules:

=====================================================================================

1. No buying any more makeup. When things are used up, replace with something else from the stash.

2. Items on the no buy have to be makeup items. 

3. Items must be completely used up, not just hit pan, and things that break don't count as finished.

4. The only time I am allowed to just toss something without emptying it is if I can't get it to work in any possible way and/or it's making my rosacea freak out.

5. I am allowed to use these items in conjunction with other items, so as not to just neglect my makeup stash for months. =D I certainly don't have to wear JUST my PP items every day.

=====================================================================================

There it is.

1403882761.629666.IMG_7989.JPG

1403882835.542765.IMG_7991.JPG

List

Powder Eyeshadow

Mac All That Glitters

Mac Shroom

Ben Nye "Black" Shadow single

Cream Eyeshadow

Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze

Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Branded

Maybelline Color Tattoo Rich Mahogany

Blush

Tarte blush in Exposed

Nars blush in Torrid

Cargo blush in Tonga (already hit pan)

Bronzer

NYC bronzer in Sunny

Nars bronzer blush in Zen

Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer, deluxe sample

Eyeliner

UD 24/7 liner in Zero

Rimmel Scandaleyes in brown

Stila Liquid Liner Pencil

Lip products

Revlon lip butter in pink truffle (done by Monday!),   -- 07/05/2014, DONE!

Revlon lip butter in Fig **NOT PICTURED

Mac cremesheen lip glass in Looks Like Sin (done in a week or so), -- 07/06/2014, DONE!

Concealer

Mac Studio finish concealer in NC35

Bobbi brown corrector in Peach

Sephora Concealer (discontinued)

Miscellaneous

UDPP in Original (love this and will probably repurchase but there's A LOT of it left and this is getting old, so have to use, and throwing it in here).
putting my images and rules under spoilers, but re-quoting my original post since I finally get to cross 2 things off! ... lip products xD 

Finished both (can't get any more product out of my lipglass), so B2Ming the lip gloss and tossed the lip butter.

Won't repurchase the lip butter. I liked it well enough and the color was gorgeous, but it wasn't moisturizing and it wore off on me within an hour and a half (I guess i mess too much with my lips). 

Can't repurchase the cremesheen lipgloss because it was limited edition.

Replacing the lip butter with mac supreme sheen lipstick in Bare Again.

Replacing the lip gloss with another lip butter: raspberry pie. This one's colorful enough that it stains, so that's good. It probably won't be moisturizing either, but I can always fix that with chapstick. I'm more after the color pay off, honestly.

I'm also editing on my powder shadows -- I just want to hit pan. I'm in no rush to finish them, since i love these shades. My cream shadows, though, have got to get finished.

So after going over my stash to decide on my project...I have discovered that I am just plain overwhellmed. I don't even know where to start. There's...just...so...much make-up. :wacko:

Maybe it would be easier for me to just set one teensy goal at a time.  So that is what I'll do...

- B.E. Moxie lippie in Get ready (goal: to use up)

- Mally eyeliner in Lucky Penny (goal: use it up)

- City color white gold highlight cream (goal: use it up)

So after going over my stash to decide on my project...I have discovered that I am just plain overwhellmed. I don't even know where to start. There's...just...so...much make-up. :wacko:

Maybe it would be easier for me to just set one teensy goal at a time.  So that is what I'll do...

- B.E. Moxie lippie in Get ready (goal: to use up)

- Mally eyeliner in Lucky Penny (goal: use it up)

- City color white gold highlight cream (goal: use it up)
Any goal or starting point is a good one! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you don't HAVE to use up all of your makeup all at once, or to ignore everything you have just to finish a few. These 3 sound like a great starting point and I am sure as you get more comfortable with the project, you'll expand outside of a small selection. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck! 

Back