The Project Pan Thread for Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's everyone doing? I've got exciting news!

Just finished week two of my project pan and I've finished one lip gloss and hit pan on one eyeshadow:

Stila 0.05 fl oz Lip Glaze in Jack Frost is done and I hit pan on the gold shade from the Wet n' Wild Vanity palette.  B)

Just finished week two of my project pan and I've finished one lip gloss and hit pan on one eyeshadow:

Stila 0.05 fl oz Lip Glaze in Jack Frost is done and I hit pan on the gold shade from the Wet n' Wild Vanity palette.  B)
Awesome job! I feel like finishing lip products is hard for me to do...same with eyeshadow.  Lotions and perfumes are probably the quickest for me to use up. 

As for my project pan, progress is slowly being made!  I'll probably wait until the end of the month, when I do my empties, to just list everything here at once :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have gotten through two UD eyeliners this month which has been a good feeling. 

I am doing ok-ish.

I am doing WELL on:

- using my items. I hit pan on one of the shadows that is on my list so that's good! UD sin is getting towards the end and making good progress there! My nyx lipstick wears off fast and is neutral enough to apply at my desk instead of chapstick so that's moving along too.

I am NOT doing well on:

My "I can not not buy any lipstick/blush/eyeshadow until I use up 5 items"  :wacko:

I swear I'm a little kid and when you tell me I can't do something, it makes it a million times worse for me and harder to stick to. SO my new "rewards" are:

1. Use up 5-I can buy Bite Vouvray. This is my HG lipstick, I lost it and am so mad at myself for losing it I feel like I have to punish myself and not let myself replace it LOL. Plus it's $25 lipstick which is ridiculous. So I can replace it when I get through 5 things!

2. 10 things gone is eye palette rule. I'm sticking with that one because I have TOO MUCH EYESHADOW. I can still buy singles along the process if I want to, but no palettes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stila 0.05 fl oz Lip Glaze in Jack Frost is done and I hit pan on the gold shade from the Wet n' Wild Vanity palette. B)
Way to go! That's awesome!

I'm still chugging along trying to make headway on my project pan items. I'm really enjoying using my Lorac unzipped palette. I have a huge dip in another one of its shadows but no pan on it yet.

The pan on my avon pressed powder is definitely getting bigger. Every so often I'll have to take pics of my already panned items to see the progress made.

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for quite some time now and today I finally decided to make an account and start posting. My collection is a bit overwhelming, so I thought the start of a project pan would be perfect. I'll need some cheering on. I only chose 5 products because I'm not ready for more! :lol:

The one rule I have for myself is simple: I am not allowed to buy any eyeshadows, lipsticks/lipglosses or blushes until I'm done with these guys.

Maybe I will keep on going and add new things after I'm done with these. Time will tell.

I want to completely use up the MUA blush, my TFSI, my two Farmasi lipsticks (they are getting kind of old) and the frosty beige shadow in my trio. The other two shadows I will just toss as I rarely use them anymore and they have changed texture.

I have started working on these for quite a while but they are taking forever to use up.

m7fhw7.jpg

Hope the pic will show up, I'm a newbie so please bear with me! Also, please excuse me if my english is not perfect, it's not my first language.

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for quite some time now and today I finally decided to make an account and start posting. My collection is a bit overwhelming, so I thought the start of a project pan would be perfect. I'll need some cheering on. I only chose 5 products because I'm not ready for more! :lol:

The one rule I have for myself is simple: I am not allowed to buy any eyeshadows, lipsticks/lipglosses or blushes until I'm done with these guys.

Maybe I will keep on going and add new things after I'm done with these. Time will tell.

I want to completely use up the MUA blush, my TFSI, my two Farmasi lipsticks (they are getting kind of old) and the frosty beige shadow in my trio. The other two shadows I will just toss as I rarely use them anymore and they have changed texture.

I have started working on these for quite a while but they are taking forever to use up.

m7fhw7.jpg

Hope the pic will show up, I'm a newbie so please bear with me! Also, please excuse me if my english is not perfect, it's not my first language.
Welcome! This is a great place to start if you're overwhelmed with your makeup. We're all in the same situation & need some cheering on.

Your English is excellent. I would never have guessed it wasn't your first language.

Well thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, when I found this board I thought: "This might be the makeup rehab you needed!And maybe people won't think you're mental, because they all seem to have makeup issues!" :lol:
No one here would think you're mental dear  :lol: We're all in the same boat, haha!

I'm doing... blah. I keep either not wearing makeup, or feeling like wearing ANYTHING BUT my project pan items. I am going to start concentrating on my cream products on my list because I don't want them going bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm doing... blah. I keep either not wearing makeup, or feeling like wearing ANYTHING BUT my project pan items. I am going to start concentrating on my cream products on my list because I don't want them going bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 Keep going!! I think there is definitely a summer slump going around in the makeup wearing between here and the Monday Club.  You can do it! Even if it isnt your cream products (which may suit your skin better in winter weather, even.)  

Keep going!! I think there is definitely a summer slump going around in the makeup wearing between here and the Monday Club.  You can do it! Even if it isnt your cream products (which may suit your skin better in winter weather, even.)  
Touche on the winter. I might use up what I can and then just keep the other things for winter.

Right now I'm just feeling like I don't want to put stuff on lol. Kinda sucks since I have so many lovely items I want to use, but man, just no motivation.

Touche on the winter. I might use up what I can and then just keep the other things for winter.

Right now I'm just feeling like I don't want to put stuff on lol. Kinda sucks since I have so many lovely items I want to use, but man, just no motivation.
I'm having a hard time with this too, partly because I've been unemployed for the last couple of months. I've been trying to put on some makeup even if I'm just sitting at home sending out job applications, because it somehow makes me feel more like I've started my day, so I don't just laze around being useless all day. 

I'm having a hard time with this too, partly because I've been unemployed for the last couple of months. I've been trying to put on some makeup even if I'm just sitting at home sending out job applications, because it somehow makes me feel more like I've started my day, so I don't just laze around being useless all day. 
I've been trying to do this during the weekends.. I will be starting to work from home a day a week starting in a few months, and only going into the office part time, and at the end of the year I'll just be home 24/7. So I'm trying to get in the mind-set of getting up, taking a shower and getting ready as if I have to leave the house, just so I can feel like I've started my day, for the same reason.

Otherwise I end up on youtube all day watching makeup videos x-x. 

I've been trying to do this during the weekends.. I will be starting to work from home a day a week starting in a few months, and only going into the office part time, and at the end of the year I'll just be home 24/7. So I'm trying to get in the mind-set of getting up, taking a shower and getting ready as if I have to leave the house, just so I can feel like I've started my day, for the same reason.

Otherwise I end up on youtube all day watching makeup videos x-x. 
I've found that putting on a bra is also very important. Haha.

Well I think my project 10 pan became a 9 pan, and not because I finished something.  I was using my Avon lipstick & took it with me when my family went out for the day.  I lost it!  Can't find it anywhere, and I'm so bummed because it was so close to being finished.  :angry:

Hang in there! Your no buy will help diminish your stash too.

I'm the same usually when I commit myself to using certain makeup items all of a sudden I want to wear a whole bunch of stuff not on my list. I barely touched my naked 1 palette because I liked naked 3 so much better. Now that I have naked 3 on my project pan I want to use my naked 1! Go figure.

Hang in there! Your no buy will help diminish your stash too.

I'm the same usually when I commit myself to using certain makeup items all of a sudden I want to wear a whole bunch of stuff not on my list. I barely touched my naked 1 palette because I liked naked 3 so much better. Now that I have naked 3 on my project pan I want to use my naked 1! Go figure.
I think my problem is that I honestly have like zero motivation. I want to use up these items because they've now been sitting around for a while but...at the same time, I am now looking at working part time starting in a month and a half, and then after year's end I will be working from home. Part of me is feeling like that's exactly why I should wear makeup now, since chances are next year I'll be mostly bare faced with only the cat for company; part of me is feeling like "well what's the point anyways?" 

I also started going to the gym in the mornings and let me tell you, putting on makeup at a gym is tough. I've been spoiled by having my own vanity with my own mirror and a place to sit. At the gym I'm still half damp from my shower, standing, and with HORRIBLE lighting conditions. :C It kind of takes the joy of getting ready out of it all for me. 

Thankfully it's not like I don't have enough makeup to cover me for a decade, so I won't be running out any time soon. I am trying to be diligent with using up my cream products like I mentioned before, since I don't want them to sit there and go bad, but I also am thinking I should keep a few for winter when our weather SUCKKKSSSSSSS and my skin gets super extra dry. 

I'm just going to have to reassess my goals, I think.

I think my problem is that I honestly have like zero motivation. I want to use up these items because they've now been sitting around for a while but...at the same time, I am now looking at working part time starting in a month and a half, and then after year's end I will be working from home. Part of me is feeling like that's exactly why I should wear makeup now, since chances are next year I'll be mostly bare faced with only the cat for company; part of me is feeling like "well what's the point anyways?"

I also started going to the gym in the mornings and let me tell you, putting on makeup at a gym is tough. I've been spoiled by having my own vanity with my own mirror and a place to sit. At the gym I'm still half damp from my shower, standing, and with HORRIBLE lighting conditions. :C It kind of takes the joy of getting ready out of it all for me.

Thankfully it's not like I don't have enough makeup to cover me for a decade, so I won't be running out any time soon. I am trying to be diligent with using up my cream products like I mentioned before, since I don't want them to sit there and go bad, but I also am thinking I should keep a few for winter when our weather SUCKKKSSSSSSS and my skin gets super extra dry.

I'm just going to have to reassess my goals, I think.
Hmm I see what u mean. Maybe u can do a daily routine of wash of color on your eyes & lipstick or lipgloss. Not much work or lighting needed & u will still be using your makeup.

Back