The September 2013 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've seen there were only a few people who ordered Cosmic boxes and got Super Nova boxes by accident. It wasn't even close to everyone, a lot of people who ordered Cosmic got Cosmic. I don't think Julep needs to do anything.

I just posted this in the September thread before realizing that this thread existed.  Here is my Supernova Mystery Box:
Left to right: Estelle, Clio, Joanna, Veronica, America, Lacey, Morgan, Blakely. Many pretty colors of polish, but sadly I mostly just wear creams.  I plan to keep Estelle, Joanna, and Veronica.  The others I will trade or give to friends as stocking stuffers at Christmas.
I also just realized that I also added on the Mulled Wine trio and it was not in my box.  I am about to contact them about that and hopefully they will still send it out to me. Looks like you got the same version as me. I love shimmers so I'm happy; I only gave the dupe of Clio to my sister, who was very pleased.

I got my box today. I love it. By far the best mystery box I have gotten.
Amity, Nicolette, Adele, Dakota, Raegan, Tracy, Estelle, Stefani The only dupes for me are Adele and Raegan. Adele I have been using as a too coat to accent some of my nails so I wouldn't mind having an extra one. Raegan is such a pretty color that it would not be a bad idea to have a backup for when I run out

I still haven't received my Mystery Box yet. I knew it would take time because it's shipping to Canada, but I feel like I get the regular maven boxes a lot quicker.

I would love to get this box. I have none of those polish colors-- too bad I HATE the rockstar hand creme

edit: sorry, this was for ydlr20

Not liking this new shipping. I ordered on the 13th. They shipped on the 16th and nothing has updated since then. It says it is still in Washington. With the old shipping I would get stuff 3 or 4 days after I ordered. Is everyone having this same problem? I want my polish!

I would love to get this box. I have none of those polish colors-- too bad I HATE the rockstar hand creme edit: sorry, this was for ydlr20
I was happy with my box. Even though I got two dupes, I consider them good dupes to get. Hopefully you'll get this one too.

I ordered the Cosmic and my box says Cosmic version 2 but it sounds like this is a lot like ones that others have posted saying theirs said Supernova on the bottom.

I got Estelle, Adele, Raegan, Joanna, Abbie, and Angela and the Hand Model kit with the lotion, scrub and oxygen treatment. I'm super happy I got all this for $20, the retail was over $100.

Not liking this new shipping. I ordered on the 13th. They shipped on the 16th and nothing has updated since then. It says it is still in Washington. With the old shipping I would get stuff 3 or 4 days after I ordered. Is everyone having this same problem? I want my polish!
Yes, mine actually shipped on the 13th, and it appears to still be in WA. I'm not happy at all, but I'm waiting to see exactly how long it does take to arrive before I call to tell them just how unacceptable this is. If I had seen an option to upgrade to any other shipping method, I certainly would have done so!

Just got my box today, it was the Cosmic version 2! Here's my blog review: http://anothermomanotherblog13.blogspot.com/2013/09/julep-galaxy-mystery-box.html

I am SO jealous of everyone that got Clio, Amity, and Stefani! I always get polish colors I hate in these mystery boxes (that day/ night summer one was the worst for me!) but I wanted Estelle so bad I had to at least try. :/

Here's my trade list if anyone is interested ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> : https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/134927/my-julep-zoya-trade-list

Got my box yesterday and I'm loving it!!! I ordered the Cosmic box for $24.99 and received version 1. The value of my box was $109!!!

To see everything a little closer you can view my unboxing on my youtube link!

Quote: Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, mine actually shipped on the 13th, and it appears to still be in WA. I'm not happy at all, but I'm waiting to see exactly how long it does take to arrive before I call to tell them just how unacceptable this is. If I had seen an option to upgrade to any other shipping method, I certainly would have done so!

Update on my shipping frustrations...after not updating for a whole week, my box is suddenly out for delivery today!  That means that it took about a week to get here via DHL, which is about the same as it was with USPS.  I'm on the east coast, so I'm hoping that this box only shipped from WA because it was a special mystery box, and that my monthly boxes will actually ship from the NJ warehouse (which would make sense).  If that's the case, I may actually start getting my boxes sooner under DHL.  One can only hope!

Quote: Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update on my shipping frustrations...after not updating for a whole week, my box is suddenly out for delivery today!  That means that it took about a week to get here via DHL, which is about the same as it was with USPS.  I'm on the east coast, so I'm hoping that this box only shipped from WA because it was a special mystery box, and that my monthly boxes will actually ship from the NJ warehouse (which would make sense).  If that's the case, I may actually start getting my boxes sooner under DHL.  One can only hope!
Mine shipped on the 13th as well, but it's supposedly still in Atlanta as of yesterday.  I was hoping it would arrive today, but doesn't look like it. 

Post pictures if you can!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine shipped on the 13th as well, but it's supposedly still in Atlanta as of yesterday.  I was hoping it would arrive today, but doesn't look like it.

Post pictures if you can!

Will do!  Of course, my mail carrier is running late today!

Quote: Originally Posted by thechain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ordered my box on the 9th. I hope I get it soon...

That's insane!

It's arrived! ...Sort of. I missed the delivery, but I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

My box arrived today, Super Nova mystery box #1.  I'm quite happy with it!

Two dupes, Raegan and Adele, but I'm happy to have a backup of Adele as it's such a unique finish.

Raegan, Adele, Dakota, Tracy, Amity, Nicolette, Estelle, Stefani.  I think of the two versions I've seen thus far of the Super Nova box, these are colors I would wear more.  For the $35 I spent, quite the deal! Shipping time = 10 days.

Back