The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next date available is not until mid June. The reality is they have a bug in their next fix calculator and customer service can't do math. I expected monthly fixes and even they say every 28 days but their system calculates it 2 weeks. I expected customer service to correct the calculation. It should be may 7. Their customer service is never helpful. It is their mistake and they are not willing to correct or even acknowledge it. I really don't want fixes every two weeks.

My second Fix is on the way and I just realized that I never posted pics from my first one. My stylist was Nicole and overall I think she did a pretty good job.

Emperia Brennan Studded Dome Bag - $52

My thoughts: I love the stud detail, the leopard lining, and the abundance of interior pockets. Unfortunately, I did not love the color or the size. If it were black and about 6 inches shorter it would be perfect.

Verdict: Returned

41Hawthorn Fremont Embroidered Shoulder Sweater - $58

My thoughts: I love the embroidered detail and the fit was spot on. Sooo soft!

Verdict: Keep!

41Hawthorn Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse - $58

My thoughts: I am incredibly sad that this did not fit. The color looked amazing on me and the sleeve detail was so cute. Alas, it was just a hair too snug.

41Hawthorn Toshi Contrast Detail Longsleeve Blazer - $88

My thoughts: No, no, and NO. Ill fitting in every possible way. Too short, way too snug, and the sleeves! The sleeves were skin tight to the point of ridiculousness. Overall just a really poorly made piece.

Not pictured:

Kensie "Jeffrey" Distressed Skinny Jean - $88

My thoughts: Distressed and skinny are definitely my preferred denim style, so that was a plus. They fit okay but I could tell they would stretch out within an hour and they had a weird puffiness happening in the crotchal region. The "distressing" was odd and they just looked and felt way too cheap to justify the high price tag.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My second Fix is on the way and I just realized that I never posted pics from my first one. My stylist was Nicole and overall I think she did a pretty good job.

Emperia Brennan Studded Dome Bag - $52

My thoughts: I love the stud detail, the leopard lining, and the abundance of interior pockets. Unfortunately, I did not love the color or the size. If it were black and about 6 inches shorter it would be perfect.

41Hawthorn Fremont Embroidered Shoulder Sweater - $58

My thoughts: I love the embroidered detail and the fit was spot on. Sooo soft!

Verdict: Keep!

41Hawthorn Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse - $58

My thoughts: I am incredibly sad that this did not fit. The color looked amazing on me and the sleeve detail was so cute. Alas, it was just a hair too snug.

41Hawthorn Toshi Contrast Detail Longsleeve Blazer - $88

My thoughts: No, no, and NO. Ill fitting in every possible way. Too short, way too snug, and the sleeves! The sleeves were skin tight to the point of ridiculousness. Overall just a really poorly made piece.

Not pictured:

Kensie "Jeffrey" Distressed Skinny Jean - $88

My thoughts: Distressed and skinny are definitely my preferred denim style, so that was a plus. They fit okay but I could tell they would stretch out within an hour and they had a weird puffiness happening in the crotchal region. The "distressing" was odd and they just looked and felt way too cheap to justify the high price tag.

I like the sweater you kept!  I like the style and it looks like it would be really comfortable.

Stitchfix ended up being too expensive for me. I switched to Le Tote and got my first delivery this week! Even though you "rent" the clothes in the tote, you can send them back as much as you want. (Like Netflix DVDs!) I don't really miss the fact that I'm not keeping items like I would with stitchfix.

I have a fix scheduled for next Thursday!   I considered Le Tote but I've gained weight and sadly might not fit their large. I'm thinking I should be ok with Stitchfix and their extra large.

My fix will arrive on Monday!!

I (of course) looked up my "receipt" to see what I'm being sent.

Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan

Wynn Arrow Print Front Pocket Blouse

Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse

Gabe Striped Maxi Skirt (asked for this)

Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser (asked for this)    

I hope the colors are nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a fix this week.  Got:

HUGHES MEDIUM REVERSIBLE CROSSBODY TOTE WITH PRINTED LINING - cute but too similar to a handbag they sent me last month,
ABRIANNA LONGSLEEVE KNIT CARDIGAN - was going to keep this but discovered a small hole in the back :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

NATASHA FRONT POCKET SLEEVELESS BLOUSE - torn about this one, they sent me it in a great green color and it's very comfortable but $58 for a tank seems pretty steep.

FIONA EMBROIDERY DETAIL STRIPED MAXI DRESS - This is a winner for sure, it's SO comfortable, its like wearing socially acceptable pj's in public!

DALINDA IKAT PRINT MAXI SKIRT - comfy but not my style, I don't really love the ikat print.  

Decisions!!

My first fix is scheduled for June 13th! Can anyone tell me how the sizing works for jeans. Is it in their site and I can't find it? The reason I ask is because it didn't ask me my waist size and so I put down a size 2 for a 26 inch. It really just matters on how much spandex is in the jeans.

When you fill out your profile, it asks wear size pants you wear. They've been pretty spot on for sizing at least for me. My stylist even sizes down when she thinks something will be baggy on me and had been correct every time. They also seem to use kensie jeans a lot. Maybe check out that brands sizing and enter it in your profile?

Is anyone still subscribing to Stitch Fix? I've been MIA from MUT for a LONG time, popping in periodically for specific reasons. I'm about to get my second Stitch Fix box and I'm totally obsessed. I need folks to talk about it with.

I stopped after 16 fixes. 
That's understandable!! I'm trying to build a capsule wardrobe, so it won't last forever for me (at least not every month).

I'm late to the party. I got a peek at my second box and I'm feeling eh about 2 items, but there are 2 I think I'll like and 1 definite because it's a repeat item (on request) with a size larger of a top that I loved! 

I have friends who really love the service and recommend it. I've been wanting to try it many times but haven't. I tend to buy cheaper clothes so the price range was a bit high for me but the clothes look nice.

I'm still get them, my sister gave me a $100 gift card for xmas (that'll cover one top ha j/k).

Reija, I asked for a budget fix last month and they gave me some pretty reasonable options. One top was $38, which isn't too outrageous.

So I tried want able style edit. Want able as a brand itself as a brand is not listening to its customers anymore. I got summer tops in the winter after repeatedly telling them not to

The clothes themselves were nice just aggravating experience. So am looking around to see what else is out there

I loved the service and had been with the same stylist for 16 fixes: finding a stylist you can work with long-term is key to success with StitchFix, I think. My problem was a little bit sizing (I'm a s/medium and it was tricky for them to get my sizing right especially in shoulders, bust, and upper arms), a little bit fabric choice (I can't stand items made from that "blouse-y" polyester and can't wear anything that clings to my hips or is bodycon and they kept sending those to me despite asking them not to), and a little bit my age and style preferences. I am well over their target demographic age, and had trouble getting them to not send me items meant for someone 40 years younger than me.

What I'd found worked really, really well was to populate my StitchFix pinterest board (and by all means, create one for yourself and link it to your SF profile!!) with items I found in a polyvore account which they used to create the style cards they send out. This way I was certain that they would send me things that were exactly or closely like items that fit my style, and I knew they had those items in their stock. Unfortunately, they figured out that people were pinning their stock items from that polyvore account and shut it down. After that, I gave them one more Fix, but it stunk and I wrote to plead with them to open the polyvore account again, to no avail. So I quit. It was too expensive an undertaking to give them general guidance on my preferred style and have them send iffy items. I found that most of their brands were also carried by Golden Tote at half the price or less, and I've been happier there. 

Good luck and I hope you get a great Fix!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda mulling several over I want to be able to see what they are sending before to say yes no or maybe like I am saying I do not know what happened to want able they are awful so looking around

Back