The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so here's what I received. I'd asked my stylist for some casual pieces to wear to a retreat I'm going on next month.

41 Hawthorn Selfridge Cowl Neck Long Sleeve Top

This just fit weird on me. It was both too big and unsuitable for my frame? It looked like I was wearing a wrinkled bag. I think it's probably better for someone with more curves?

Le Sample Kahlo Embroidered Racerback Tank

Cute top but it was just a smidge too big on me. I also just cannot see myself paying $48 for a tank top.

Pomelo Westin Embroidered Henley Knit Shirt

The detail is actually very pretty in person. I've seen this shirt show up in other Stitchfix reviews and it looks fine on those people. It does not look fine on me. LOL It just doesn't suit my coloring, I guess.

Sweet Rain Alan Cowl Neck Asymmetrical Cardigan

I really liked this top. It's comfy and versatile. It looks nice worn open. It looks nice zipped up. I also don't have a lot of neutral colors in my wardrobe so this is a good staple piece.

I also received a pair of Just Black Banks High Rise Cropped Skinny Jeans. So my stylist definitely paid attention to my length woes when it comes to skinny jeans. I like these but I'm on the fence. They're kinda thin and while they're comfortable, they're not as comfortable as the skinny jeans from my last fix. On the other hand, the length is perfect! And I don't have a pair of black jeans (I know) or skinnies (I know), let alone a pair of black skinnies. But do I want to pay $78 for something so basic? I keep going back and forth. Well, I'll sleep on it.

signed up a few days ago and was supposed to receive my first first on April 26th. That was the first available date. I went today and there was an opening on April 9th so i switched to that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  signed up a few days ago and was supposed to receive my first first on April 26th. That was the first available date. I went today and there was an opening on April 9th so i switched to that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, that's really soon! I know there's a longer wait period currently happening for new sign-ups.

And... I just realized I never finished my train of thought before I posted my pics above. I thought I received a good fix. My stylist is definitely paying attention to my requests and my comments about the clothes I receive. But I will add the caveat that I'm not looking to receive a "perfect" fix where I keep all 5 items. My goal is 1-2. So keep that in mind.

I would suggest that for people who keep striking out, if possible, to request the same stylist. I just don't see how having a new stylist every month will lead anywhere productive. Ideally, this should be automatic but given their customer growth, I bet fixes are assigned to the next available stylist, regardless of whether they've styled you before or not.

I dont think my wallet ever wants a perfect fix lol. I kept 2 items from my last fix and hope for the same next time around. Anymore than that will be pretty expensive as the items are usually 50 bucks a piece.

My first fix is set to arrive around April 2! I haven't received tracking yet, but I'm excited. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a $40 credit to use so I am really just aiming to keep one item.

I noticed that Stitch Fix was sending out a navy sweater with a sailboat on it. The same sweater is an option in Golden Tote's April sale. If anyone is interested, the GT sale starts April 7. GT is often more cost effective.

Interesting... I noticed that 3 possibly 4 of the items in the April Golden Tote were also on Stitch Fix...

Sailboat Sweater

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_6067/set?id=113885683

Embroidered Top

http://www.polyvore.com/adelina_embroidered_split_neck_tank/set?id=114721951

Embroidered Denim Top

http://www.polyvore.com/figueroa_embroidered_denim_jacket/set?id=116014004

Abstract Track Pants, not sure if these are the exact same

http://www.polyvore.com/lizza_abstract_print_track_pant/set?id=110447801

My first fix was mailed today.  I looked on the site to get a spoiler. lol  Is there anyway to know what color you are getting? I noticed a few of the items being mailed come in several variations.  I can't wait!

I have to say, I LOVED my fix this month! 

Tracy Marquis Earrings by Bella Boutique [$42 ARV] - Very pretty, but too long for me - almost reached my shoulders, making my neck look shorter.

Wisteria Weave Detail Knit Tank top by Mystree in Light Grey [$48 ARV] - Breezy and very soft, but not my favorite

Isla Striped 3/4 Sleeve Pocket Tee by Splendid in Coral [$58 ARV] - Loved the material, the colors and the fit. Kept it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Robby 3/4 Sleeve Striped Wrap Dress by Tart in Black [$68 ARV] - The dress was okay. It's soft and cozy, almost like a robe, but I didn't feel like it was worth almost $70 to me.

Emer High Waisted Cropped Trousers by Margaret M in Cobalt [$98 ARV] - I'm nuts, but I decided to keep these leggings. They fit me like a glove and make me feel 10 lbs slimmer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.S.: Sorry for the mess in the background, I'm kinda sorta in the spring cleaning mode right now.

I got the same pants last month, I LOVE them, they're so SO comfortable.  I thought I was nuts for keeping them too but they are really awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by glitterhips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love your fix! I am curious about the leggings. Do you think they would work for a curvy fit?
Considering these are supposed to be slimming leggings (on the sticker they say "look and feel 10 lbs slimmer"), they are designed with fuller figures in mind. I'm actually very much hourglass-shaped myself, just on a smaller scale. My body shape is crazy - I have size 4 waist and size 14 butt/thighs, which is why I pretty much have to wear bottoms with stretchy material or they just won't fit right (either the bottom will be to small, or the waist too wide). Needless to say, I had no problems squeezing in these leggings, and I really do look and feel slimmer in them. On the inside they are double-lined with something around the belly area to tuck in any flabs and make the silhouette more smooth, which looks awesome even from the side! I'm super critical about my body, and I know that sometimes side pictures = death :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have never been happier spending $100 on a piece of clothing, seriously.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the same pants last month, I LOVE them, they're so SO comfortable.  I thought I was nuts for keeping them too but they are really awesome!
Girl, I thought the same exact thing... I was like "Omg, Anastasia, are you totally nuts for throwing $100 away on a pair of LEGGINGS?" But I felt like I would die if I didn't keep them, they're PERFECT.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Considering these are supposed to be slimming leggings (on the sticker they say "look and feel 10 lbs slimmer"), they are designed with fuller figures in mind. I'm actually very much hourglass-shaped myself, just on a smaller scale. My body shape is crazy - I have size 4 waist and size 14 butt/thighs, which is why I pretty much have to wear bottoms with stretchy material or they just won't fit right (either the bottom will be to small, or the waist too wide). Needless to say, I had no problems squeezing in these leggings, and I really do look and feel slimmer in them. On the inside they are double-lined with something around the belly area to tuck in any flabs and make the silhouette more smooth, which looks awesome even from the side! I'm super critical about my body, and I know that sometimes side pictures = death :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have never been happier spending $100 on a piece of clothing, seriously.

Girl, I thought the same exact thing... I was like "Omg, Anastasia, are you totally nuts for throwing $100 away on a pair of LEGGINGS?" But I felt like I would die if I didn't keep them, they're PERFECT.
I wear my weekly, and they can be wore year round too.  They're def worth the investment. 

Thanks for the info about the leggings. I have a similar noisy type.
You're welcome! You could actually order a fix and request for this specific item to be in it.

Noisy should have been body... autocorrect!

My fix is in progress so I may be too late for this month. I added them to my Pinterest too. Thanks again for the feedback. It is always a chore to find pants.

I just received a fix on April 9... Bought all 5 items and very happy with the stylist. When I checked out my next fix was scheduled for April 24. I contacted customer service since there must be a glitch with the next scheduled fix calculation. I'm on monthly fixes. Customer service responded and said they could not change the date and suggested I do monthly fixes every 28 days. Clearly they did not look at my account or read my issue. They are nice and responsive on Facebook, but their customer service is terrible. Every experience I've had with customer service has left me angry and unsatisfied. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with them? I really don't want fixes every two weeks either.

I just received a fix on April 9... Bought all 5 items and very happy with the stylist. When I checked out my next fix was scheduled for April 24. I contacted customer service since there must be a glitch with the next scheduled fix calculation. I'm on monthly fixes.

Customer service responded and said they could not change the date and suggested I do monthly fixes every 28 days. Clearly they did not look at my account or read my issue.

They are nice and responsive on Facebook, but their customer service is terrible. Every experience I've had with customer service has left me angry and unsatisfied. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with them?

I really don't want fixes every two weeks either.
just go on their site and under my account you can change the date.  It has a calendar that you can move it. 

Back