The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have received two totes.., December and January. Golden Tote has 5 star customer service. They do make mistakes but they are so nice and do everything to make it right. They pay attention to comments. I have seen several items in totes that I have seen as older stitch fix items. Golden tote seems more young and a casual ca vibe. Like them on facebook and take a look at the comments and their responses. There are also swap groups here and on fb, I think stitch fix has more variety. There are numerous complaints about customer service on fb. They seem nice about scheduling but they are not. The fix this month for me was so bad. Also golden tote is not a subscription service.

Price is also a significant difference. The links to the blouses above that I'm still amazed they sent me are priced at $88 and $68. Those tops are just awful to me. The fabric was crepe pokyester.nothing good about them!

I don't have golden tote, but I have Le Tote (netflix type clothing subscription and you can still keep what you want and be charged a REASONABLE price. same brands as stitch fix but 40-50% less expensive). Their CS is AMAZING, they always offer extra items in their totes or credits when things aren't going right.

I told stitch fix i'd be canceling and they were basically like "Okay, thanks for your support." 

They don't care about their customers and won't fight to keep them. Which is a shame because I could have spent $100 a month on them if they had been nicer.

Quote: Originally Posted by glitterhips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Price is also a significant difference. The links to the blouses above that I'm still amazed they sent me are priced at $88 and $68. Those tops are just awful to me. The fabric was crepe pokyester.nothing good about them!
yes i'm fairly positive they markup everything. i've seen many of these brands elsewhere for cheaper. I get the same type of shirts and same brands of shirts for $32-38 at le tote.

My last fix was great!!!

I'm wearing two of the five items today.  

http://www.polyvore.com/thisbe_colorblocked_open_draped_cardigan/set?id=113362855 

I love this cardigan it's light weight but has super long sleeves and is so pretty (It doesn't look like it but the grey fabric has a little shine to it that dresses it up).

http://www.polyvore.com/margaret/set?id=82898381

I thought for sure these pants would be a no go, but they are so so SO comfortable. They're really expensive but for super comfortable black pants that I can wear year round, they're worth the investment for me.  

I also got this jacket but it was just a bit too snug for me. http://www.polyvore.com/julia_utility_jacket/set?id=113098586

I really liked it but my bf felt it was too fuddy duddy so it's going back.  

The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was my SILVANA BEJEWELED SWEATSHIRT, it was comfortable and fit well but not really my style. I also got a green COLIBRI SOLID TAB SLEEVE BLOUSE which is very similar to other blouses I've tried from Stitch Fix and I have a green blouse from them in my closet.  

I specifically asked for green items to wear to our St Patty's day parade and block party but I'm sending both green items back.  Oh well.  

I find stitchfix works best for me when I have them send me things for specific events and they've always been helpful with my requests for specific items.

I got that green colibri blouse in my last stitchfix and I loved it. It was the item I chose to keep.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My last fix was great!!!

I'm wearing two of the five items today.  

http://www.polyvore.com/thisbe_colorblocked_open_draped_cardigan/set?id=113362855 

I love this cardigan it's light weight but has super long sleeves and is so pretty (It doesn't look like it but the grey fabric has a little shine to it that dresses it up).

http://www.polyvore.com/margaret/set?id=82898381

I thought for sure these pants would be a no go, but they are so so SO comfortable. They're really expensive but for super comfortable black pants that I can wear year round, they're worth the investment for me.  

I also got this jacket but it was just a bit too snug for me. http://www.polyvore.com/julia_utility_jacket/set?id=113098586

I really liked it but my bf felt it was too fuddy duddy so it's going back.  

The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was my SILVANA BEJEWELED SWEATSHIRT, it was comfortable and fit well but not really my style. I also got a green COLIBRI SOLID TAB SLEEVE BLOUSE which is very similar to other blouses I've tried from Stitch Fix and I have a green blouse from them in my closet.  

I specifically asked for green items to wear to our St Patty's day parade and block party but I'm sending both green items back.  Oh well.  

I find stitchfix works best for me when I have them send me things for specific events and they've always been helpful with my requests for specific items.

I got the same utility jacket in my last one, too. What color was yours? Mine was a dark royal blue. It was cute in theory but on me it was hideous! 

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same utility jacket in my last one, too. What color was yours? Mine was a dark royal blue. It was cute in theory but on me it was hideous! 
Mine was the same green as the link I put up in my post.  I loved the color but it was just too dowdy looking on me.  I still asked for more outerwear items, I think they're worth the investment.  

Well I just got the actual package, and i'm even more disappointed that I thought i'd be.

The cheapest item was a $42 necklace which I've seen sold at other places for less than $10 (and it's made in china, i am VERY familiar with the brand). AND a dress they're trying to claim is $78 retail is actually $72 retail at le tote, and costs only $42 to buy at le tote.

Way to go stitch fix.

Sorry, I didn't read this in detail, you can keep and purchase the items you want? Can you explain the process more? You rent & buy it if you like it......return it if you don't?

I don't have golden tote, but I have Le Tote (netflix type clothing subscription and you can still keep what you want and be charged a REASONABLE price. same brands as stitch fix but 40-50% less expensive). Their CS is AMAZING, they always offer extra items in their totes or credits when things aren't going right. I told stitch fix i'd be canceling and they were basically like "Okay, thanks for your support."  They don't care about their customers and won't fight to keep them. Which is a shame because I could have spent $100 a month on them if they had been nicer.
Sorry, I didn't read this in detail earlier, you can keep and purchase the items you want? Can you explain the process more? You rent & buy it if you like it......return it if you don't?

Sorry, I didn't read this in detail earlier, you can keep and purchase the items you want? Can you explain the process more? You rent & buy it if you like it......return it if you don't?
You don't necessarily rent anything, because you can't wear stuff and return it. But you can buy and return. So if you like 2 of the 5 items they send you, they'll charge you for those two and you'll send three back. Your $20 styling fee is applied towards whatever you keep. If you don't keep anything, you lose the $20. If you keep it all, you get a discount.

You don't necessarily rent anything, because you can't wear stuff and return it. But you can buy and return. So if you like 2 of the 5 items they send you, they'll charge you for those two and you'll send three back. Your $20 styling fee is applied towards whatever you keep. If you don't keep anything, you lose the $20. If you keep it all, you get a discount.
Thanks, I'll give it a look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Rubybeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bellerenee was talking about stitch fix, not le tote.

Le tote costs $50 a month (but they often times have promos) and it's like netflix, you wear whatever you want for however you like an return it with a prepaid 2 days shipping label. If I don't wear anything (or wear one thing that day and ship the next) I'll get a new tote in about 4 days. IT's FAST!  And if you like something you can just keep it and they'll charge it (great prices too I must say! especially compared to stitch fix....who makes up everything).

Also, their CS is AMAZING. They go out of their way to contact you personally about your daily life and try to send you things that suit your lifestyle. They send me things for swing dancing as well as things I can wear to teach during the day.

And lots of times, if I didn't like anything in my tote or had issues they sent me an extra item the next time or give me a $20 credit.

i think i am done with stitch fix for now too. it's nice to get clothes in the mail, but i don't think most clothes are really my style. i alternate between made well and Zara, and both places I get better quality for my money than stitch fix. 

it was nice to try though!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well I just got the actual package, and i'm even more disappointed that I thought i'd be.

The cheapest item was a $42 necklace which I've seen sold at other places for less than $10 (and it's made in china, i am VERY familiar with the brand). AND a dress they're trying to claim is $78 retail is actually $72 retail at le tote, and costs only $42 to buy at le tote.

Way to go stitch fix.
once I found a blazer they sold for a lot cheaper at another site, and they offered to price match. if there is something you want that you saw somewhere else,  i would ask about price matching!

Latest posts

Back