The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by natashaia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  once I found a blazer they sold for a lot cheaper at another site, and they offered to price match. if there is something you want that you saw somewhere else,  i would ask about price matching!

I told them I saw things for cheaper elsewhere and they didn't respond.  I've given up lol

Bellerenee was talking about stitch fix, not le tote. Le tote costs $50 a month (but they often times have promos) and it's like netflix, you wear whatever you want for however you like an return it with a prepaid 2 days shipping label. If I don't wear anything (or wear one thing that day and ship the next) I'll get a new tote in about 4 days. IT's FAST!  And if you like something you can just keep it and they'll charge it (great prices too I must say! especially compared to stitch fix....who makes up everything). Also, their CS is AMAZING. They go out of their way to contact you personally about your daily life and try to send you things that suit your lifestyle. They send me things for swing dancing as well as things I can wear to teach during the day. And lots of times, if I didn't like anything in my tote or had issues they sent me an extra item the next time or give me a $20 credit.
Oops. That's what I get for browsing MUT after beer tasting!!

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops. That's what I get for browsing MUT after beer tasting!!
lol! that was me yesterday :p I went on a brewery tour an then I had to compete in a dance competition lol it wasn't pretty

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks like you received a nice fix.  The crochet V-neck blouse looks nice.  Too bad it's dry clean only.  I see what you mean about the dress.  It looks like there is a seam or something going across the bottom that breaks the pattern.  Glad you found a few pieces you like though.
For stuff that is hand wash only I just put that item in a zip   up pillowcase from walmart and wash on the cold hand wash setting of my washer.

My washer is one of those front-loading things with no wringer inside- so stuff never gets caught.

I've been doing that for years and have some sweaters that look like they are crochet from thread and those are still in perfect condition.

I also have a lot of expensive socks and tights and havent ruined them by washing yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a question.  I was wondering how you can request a stylist for your next fix.  I didn't see an option for that.

When you schedule your next fix, just put the name of the stylist you want in the notes field. 

Quote: Originally Posted by inkstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When you schedule your next fix, just put the name of the stylist you want in the notes field. 
Thank you!  I was thinking that was it but wasn't sure.  I have been so bad with posting my fixes.  I have received two recently and haven't posted yet.  It's been difficult with my work schedule but eventually I'll get it.  In my last fix I actually ended up keeping everything.  I wasn't crazy about the pattern of one of the shirts I received but it was just cheaper to keep everything with the discount.

Stitchfix tried and flopped this time. I feel like this style is much more "romantic," whereas my profile clearly reflects that I prefer a more classic/tailored style. I asked for a spring dress and anything in radiant orchid. Unfortunately, with my scoliosis, I can't wear dresses that are fitted at the waist, so I requested a straight shift style dress. Here's what I was sent.
I really wanted to love everything but here are my thoughts: The dress fit nicely and I love the colors. But it was $88. For $88 I could get a better made dress that I LOVE instead of a cheap-feeling dress that I only sorta like. The scarf was $42. Lol nope. The purple skirt was AMAZING. And a great price. I tried to love it. I really wanted to. But it accentuated everything I don't like about my body. I just looked way rounder than I am. I'm not tiny, but I'm fit... and the skirt made me look 20 lbs heavier. Sigh. So sad to send this back. Beautiful color. It's a deep eggplant and would've looked amazing with the orchid blouse. The white blouse would be stained in an hour. Let's just be honest. I didn't love the way it fit me either. Pretty embroidered details though. I kept the orchid tab-sleeved blouse. I'll always keep this style. It's so effortless. The color is stunning in person and will be perfect for spring. This was my fourth fix. I'm not sure if I'll continue with stitchfix. It's fun but the last couple ones have been totally off mark. I wish they would pay closer attention to my Pinterest. Or maybe they do and I'm just too picky. Also, as a grad student, $42 scarves and $88 simple dresses are not in my best interest. I'll gladly pay those prices for quality in styles I love but not for these items.

I have received two fixes, and I do not think either stylist looked at my Pinterest. My last fix was awful. I explicitly said no prints and received 2 printed blouses. I don't think the last stylist read my comments.

The first stylist was Olivia, and the second was Reina. I am going to receive my third in about 2.5 weeks. If it is a flop, I am going to request Olivia. If that doesn't work out, I will not do Stitch Fix anymore. All of my interactions with customer service have been poor.

Sorry about your fix :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know how disappointing it can be when you have your hopes up for something good.

For what it's worth, my stylist is Britney and she definitely looks at my Pinterest. There's been one item is each of my two stitchfixes that she says she picked specifically because of my Pinterest board and there are usually other pieces that I can tell were inspired by my pins. It is unfortunate though that the stylists are not created equal. Some are awesome and some not so much. 

My third fix is scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. I guess we'll see how she does since I requested her again.

Ladies, if you have a total fail where they clearly disregarded your comments (like getting a print, when you specifically said NO PRINTS) send a message to customer service. I have read comments before where this happened and they offered a free make-up fix to try again. They want to know when the system isn't working. My stylists (I've had two) were great about looking at my pinterest. 

I did message Customer Service because the fix was wrong. Even colors that I requested not to send were sent. The next available fix date was April 23. They said they could not do anything sooner or send another fix.

Quote: Originally Posted by glitterhips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did message Customer Service because the fix was wrong. Even colors that I requested not to send were sent. The next available fix date was April 23. They said they could not do anything sooner or send another fix.

this is what happened to me, they were totally unhelpful. And that's why I canceled.

I got a shipping notification for my fix. It's scheduled to arrive on Monday. Guess we'll see how it goes!

How is the fit with this sub box? I wear a 14 sometimes and a 16 sometimes.  It just depends. 

I threw away my code for this in October that came in my popsugar box because I was more a size 16.  Does anyone know if there is a promo code?

I posted an inquiry about the policy for bad fixes. I received a prompt reply and a courteous response. Turns out the original request wasn't handled correctly.

They gave me a credit and are sending out a fix next week. I am happy and hoping for the best. I do like the concept and really want this to work for me.

I have only received two boxes, so I am may not be an expert on fit. But, I too am in between sizes and one upper arm is 0.5" wider than the other one from surgery. I have had great success with the fit of medium jersey knits. None of the blouses that they sent (only 2 lol) have worked. I don't think the large would even have worked for me.

I think it really depends upon the cut and the fabric. My suggestion would be to request jersey knit items. Maybe start out receiving tops.

Also, someone gave me this handy URL:

http://katrinalake.polyvore.com/

It is a link to recent Stitch Fix sets. You can sneak peeks and make requests for things that were sent out recently. I google a lot of Stitch Fix reviews. You may want to google Stitch Fix reviews and see what women with a similar shape and size have received, and you could post questions to their blogs.

I just received tracking info for my first fix! I had no idea that going to the website would "spoil" the surprise but I'm not known for having patience so I don't mind. Here is what they are sending and my initial thoughts after doing some Google research.

• Fremont Embroidered Shoulder Sweater ... $78
It took me forever to find a pic of this sweater. I'm glad I persevered though because I really liked what I saw! Depending on fit, this may be a keeper.

• Brennan Studded Dome Bag ... $42
Definitely won't be keeping. It is way too large for my taste. I do really like the stud detailing though.

• Toshi Contrast Detail Longsleeve Blazer ... $88
I'm not really a blazer type of girl but you never know. I'm keeping an open mind.

• Jeffrey Distressed Skinny Jean ... $88
I love skinnies and I love distressed denim. What I do not love is that price tag. Especially when I've paid less for much better brands. 

• Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse ... $58
Now this... this has a lot of potential based on the pics I saw. Hoping for black and a great fit!

My stylist definitely stuck to my profile and I'm pretty sure they checked out my Pinterest. I will have to add more to it to give them a better idea of they kinds of pieces I like. Can't wait to try on my selections! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi ladies! I just received my first fix last week. I love reading about other's experiences and seeing what everyone else got! I will definitely be reading through people's posts and posting my own review once I can put the boyfriend on baby duty when he returns home from work tonight 
smilehappyyes.gif
 Happy Friday!

Back