The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @Lolo22 I loved the scarf! I see what you all mean by the tops being loose. I think that can work for some people but it's not my preference either. 

I did sneak a peak at my fix (I could see the items listed but had to google for pictures) and I'm excited because they seem to have taken the prints/styles I put onto my Pinterest board in account. (Although in one case they did it a little too closely - I had a picture of a short sleeved top with sparrows on it and they are sending me a longer sleeved blouse with swans, both the same shade of blue.) Of course it's all in the actual fit as to whether I keep them or not. We'll see!
Me too, I decided to keep the scarf
smile.gif
  I don't mind loose tops, but 2 loose tops, a loose sweater and a loose skirt is a lot to me haha.  Glad you are getting some cute stuff! It is fun to see what everyone has been getting!

I'm on the fence about doing another fix, though I noticed that they are booked until early January.  I saw that some girls said the fixes get better after they get some feedback.  I am all for discovering new styles and pieces and as long as I can wear them to work and they don't make me look fat.  I don't feel like that is being too limiting. 

My first fix is arriving in two days! I'm very excited!

Also, it's my understanding you get assigned a particular stylist for each fix? Is the stylist's name included in your fix information and does the stylist stay the same over the months or do they change?
You can request the same stylist.  I think stitch fix uses a combination of software and a stylist to make selections.

My stylist has changed, but I don't make it a point to request the same one each fix. Some do, however. 

Not loving each item in my fix saves me a money.  I can't imagine what my credit card would look like if I purchased every item in every box each fix.  But I wear a "stitch fix" item at least once or twice a week.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shanny81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!  It was hard to swallow the cardigan price tag too.  BUT, I will say this.  I have bought less expensive cardigans before than they end up with holes in them so quickly.  So I'm hoping the price tag reflects quality here.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got my fix today and love the cardigan too!  But I just noticed that it says hand wash only, and I don't have time for that... I know I'll just end up throwing it in the washing machine!  So torn about whether to keep it or not.  How has yours been holding up?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my fix today and love the cardigan too!  But I just noticed that it says hand wash only, and I don't have time for that... I know I'll just end up throwing it in the washing machine!  So torn about whether to keep it or not.  How has yours been holding up?

*GASP!*  I didn't even LOOK at that.  Crap!  Ok, well, nothing is getting hand washed in my house.  What I will probably do it machine wash on cold and then lay flat to dry.  I do that for all of my daughter's stupid Kate Quinn stuff.  It shrinks in the dryer.  Super annoying.  I wore it the other day and I feel pretty confident about machine washing it.  I think.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You can request the same stylist.  I think stitch fix uses a combination of software and a stylist to make selections.

My stylist has changed, but I don't make it a point to request the same one each fix. Some do, however. 

Not loving each item in my fix saves me a money.  I can't imagine what my credit card would look like if I purchased every item in every box each fix.  But I wear a "stitch fix" item at least once or twice a week.
Excellent! Thanks for the info. This stylist seems to have at least paid attention to the pictures I put up on Pinterest and the notes I made. It's out for delivery today so we'll see how well everything fits . . .

@Lolo22 I loved the scarf! I see what you all mean by the tops being loose. I think that can work for some people but it's not my preference either. 

I did sneak a peak at my fix (I could see the items listed but had to google for pictures) and I'm excited because they seem to have taken the prints/styles I put onto my Pinterest board in account. (Although in one case they did it a little too closely - I had a picture of a short sleeved top with sparrows on it and they are sending me a longer sleeved blouse with swans, both the same shade of blue.) Of course it's all in the actual fit as to whether I keep them or not. We'll see!
Just be aware you might get different colors than what's on the blogs/reviews/googles.  I've gotten the same shirt, but I only saw it on the blogs in orange and in prints and my top was a really pretty emerald green, which I ended up keeping.  

I got my fix today!  Unfortunately, the necklace arrived "damaged" and the scarf had a couple snags in it.  The necklace was an easy fix though; it just has an open metal link that needs to be closed.  Needless to say, those two items will be going back.  Surprisingly though I really like the teal skinny jeans they sent me but not sure if I'll be keeping them due to the price tag.  I also really like the cardigan, but not sure about keeping it due to price and being hand wash only.  The other blouse I got just isn't my style.  Here are some photos:

Quote: Originally Posted by Shanny81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*GASP!*  I didn't even LOOK at that.  Crap!  Ok, well, nothing is getting hand washed in my house.  What I will probably do it machine wash on cold and then lay flat to dry.  I do that for all of my daughter's stupid Kate Quinn stuff.  It shrinks in the dryer.  Super annoying.  I wore it the other day and I feel pretty confident about machine washing it.  I think.
 Maybe I could swing machine washing cold and laying flat to dry.  Hmm... decisions, decisions.  Thanks for the advice!

Maybe I could swing machine washing cold and laying flat to dry.  Hmm... decisions, decisions.  Thanks for the advice!
That's usually a decent backup if the material itself isn't prone to snagging on other items in the washer.

I have learned that I take atrocious self portraits. I've also learned I am bigger than I thought! (I blame crispycakes!)

Just got my fix!

The Gorden Ikat Print Sleeveless Tunic did not fit my pear shape at all. It was super baggy up top and too tight in the hip. (It was a stretchy material but looked like I had no waist.) No photos of that one! I thought the print was really great though and will keep my eyes open for it in the future.

This was the Fiore Box Pleated Skirt paired with the Bixby Swan Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse. (Better picture of blouse to follow.) 

The skirt was a little too long and made my legs look stumpy. Otherwise it was a super soft stretchy material that was still thick enough to seem appropriate for wearing in professional settings. The top ... I'll go into the top later. 

This was the Cattie Belted Dot Print Minidress. It was adorable but fit too small in the arms/shoulders and bunched weirdly in the back. Maybe a little cutesy for a woman my age but if it had been a size up I would've gone for it (and paired with cardigan and tights or something equally appropriate). Comfy, nice material, well made. 

This was not a fix item but the top was a Modcloth shirt I had put on my Pinterest board to indicate the sorts of things I liked. Which leads me to ...

This is the Bixby Swan Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse again. Very similar to the shirt in the Pinterest picture, right? Maggie (the stylist) even mentioned it and I appreciate that attention to detail. The top itself was lovely but, as you can see, was totally shapeless. I tucked it into my yoga pants to see if that would improve things but not enough to make it a real win for me.

This is the Coco Lurex Detail Tweed Blazer. Yay! So lovely. This is the one I ended up getting. I was temporarily hung up on getting this ($78) or the Bixby top ($48) since the Bixby was cheaper but ended up following my heart. 

This has probably been my most long-winded post on MUT. My apologies! 

@CuriouslyAmanda , you have a great body!! I actually think the dress looks FANTASTIC on you! If it was a size bigger, I don't think it would be doing your shape justice. The blazer looks great, good keep! I think besides the dress, the blazer would be the only piece I'd suggest you keep. Also, selfies are the WORST when showing clothes haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I was considering keeping the Adora Skinny Jeans by Just Black so I googled them just to make sure they weren't cheaper elsewhere.  It looks like other people received these same jeans in other colors in their fixes for $58-$68.  Mine are $88.  Does that strike anyone else as strange?  Or is it normal for the same brand and style of jeans to be drastically different prices in other colors?

This is the Bixby Swan Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse again. Very similar to the shirt in the Pinterest picture, right? Maggie (the stylist) even mentioned it and I appreciate that attention to detail. The top itself was lovely but, as you can see, was totally shapeless. I tucked it into my yoga pants to see if that would improve things but not enough to make it a real win for me.
That swan print makes me think of the Gloria Vanderbilt logo from the late 70s.  I know I had a pair of jeans that had a very similar logo on them.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @CuriouslyAmanda , you have a great body!! I actually think the dress looks FANTASTIC on you! If it was a size bigger, I don't think it would be doing your shape justice. The blazer looks great, good keep! I think besides the dress, the blazer would be the only piece I'd suggest you keep. Also, selfies are the WORST when showing clothes haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
@rachelshine, thanks so much for the compliment! And yes, I'm super happy about the blazer! Looking at it makes me smile! I totally would have kept the dress too and wish it were just a teeny bit bigger (half size, maybe?) since the sleeves were just too tight to be bearable. It is an adorable dress; I love the shape and the dots! 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by tiffanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That swan print makes me think of the Gloria Vanderbilt logo from the late 70s.  I know I had a pair of jeans that had a very similar logo on them.
It does look like that! 

I have learned that I take atrocious self portraits. I've also learned I am bigger than I thought! (I blame crispycakes!) Just got my fix! The Gorden Ikat Print Sleeveless Tunic did not fit my pear shape at all. It was super baggy up top and too tight in the hip. (It was a stretchy material but looked like I had no waist.) No photos of that one! I thought the print was really great though and will keep my eyes open for it in the future. This was the Fiore Box Pleated Skirt paired with the Bixby Swan Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse. (Better picture of blouse to follow.)  The skirt was a little too long and made my legs look stumpy. Otherwise it was a super soft stretchy material that was still thick enough to seem appropriate for wearing in professional settings. The top ... I'll go into the top later.  This was the Cattie Belted Dot Print Minidress. It was adorable but fit too small in the arms/shoulders and bunched weirdly in the back. Maybe a little cutesy for a woman my age but if it had been a size up I would've gone for it (and paired with cardigan and tights or something equally appropriate). Comfy, nice material, well made.  This was not a fix item but the top was a Modcloth shirt I had put on my Pinterest board to indicate the sorts of things I liked. Which leads me to ... This is the Bixby Swan Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse again. Very similar to the shirt in the Pinterest picture, right? Maggie (the stylist) even mentioned it and I appreciate that attention to detail. The top itself was lovely but, as you can see, was totally shapeless. I tucked it into my yoga pants to see if that would improve things but not enough to make it a real win for me. This is the Coco Lurex Detail Tweed Blazer. Yay! So lovely. This is the one I ended up getting. I was temporarily hung up on getting this ($78) or the Bixby top ($48) since the Bixby was cheaper but ended up following my heart.  This has probably been my most long-winded post on MUT. My apologies! 
Omg I love that blazer!

I was considering keeping the Adora Skinny Jeans by Just Black so I googled them just to make sure they weren't cheaper elsewhere.  It looks like other people received these same jeans in other colors in their fixes for $58-$68.  Mine are $88.  Does that strike anyone else as strange?  Or is it normal for the same brand and style of jeans to be drastically different prices in other colors?
I think that they looked great on you!! I think the drastic difference in price is strange & makes no sense. They are super cute though... I do luv the color :)

Got my first fix! I gave it a chance but honestly I don't think they even looked at my profile :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here's what 'classic,' 'fitted,' pieces 'for work' got me:
And the grand finale...a shapeless cat tank with a collar...
The fits were ok (considering everything was supposed to be baggy) but I'm really sad that I don't like anything because the quality seems good and I love brands like Kensie, etc.
I get what you're saying. I liked trying stitchfix once, but I asked for work appropriate(and gave specifics about styles as well) clothing as well and they mentioned the intend in my box were work appropriate. They weren't. It's a nice concept, but they have a limited range of suppliers and their costs are overinflated to me. They were really nice to me when I mentioned the blazer in my fix was on another site for 30 dollars less. I'm going to stick to my Zara, jcrew, madewell, banana republic for work.

Ooh, or throw it into a large lingerie mesh back to wash. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that they looked great on you!! I think the drastic difference in price is strange & makes no sense. They are super cute though... I do luv the color :)
I second that opinion. The jeans look fantastic on you but it is a little fishy that the price is so much higher. I have seen cases where a certain color is never on sale (either because it's a "basic" or because it's the newest color) but it is a little odd that there's such a huge difference. I guess the real question is - are they worth the $88 to you? 

Latest posts

Back