The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first fix! I officially love this service. Which is very dangerous.
I thought I'd love the cardigan, but I was just meh about it. I need another scarf like I need a hole in the head. I LOVE them, but not enough to spend $38 to get another. Plus it wasn't super exciting. I was amazed the jeans fit like a glove!!! It takes me FOREVER to find just ok fitting jeans at the stores. Wow... The striped shirt is a bit too small for my liking. But the sequin top... Definitely keeping!!! Requires hand wash, but I really love it. I can't wait to get another fix! =D

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKellyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first fix! I officially love this service. Which is very dangerous.

I thought I'd love the cardigan, but I was just meh about it. I need another scarf like I need a hole in the head. I LOVE them, but not enough to spend $38 to get another. Plus it wasn't super exciting. I was amazed the jeans fit like a glove!!! It takes me FOREVER to find just ok fitting jeans at the stores. Wow... The striped shirt is a bit too small for my liking. But the sequin top... Definitely keeping!!! Requires hand wash, but I really love it. I can't wait to get another fix! =D
Omg, I'm in love with your scarf!

Omg, I'm in love with your scarf!
It's a nice one! Very soft and is really perfect as far as how it lays. Not too bulky or anything. But didn't wow me enough to spend the money to add to my ever growing collection. Thanks to PopSugar and FabFitFun..... I'm scarfed out for awhile! Lol

meh. i received a fix yesterday since i wanted to use my gc from popsugar.  the clothes were not high quality and were super expensive--this has been my experience with another fix as well. they do however get my "style" right (dressier/feminine/frilly). my local loft store is awesome at combining coupons, so I'll just stick with that and splurge on higher quality items when i go to larger cities--there isn't much in my area. i also prefer "paying" for things online, trying them out, and returning them in person during my travels or mailing them back over the "convenience" of stitchfix.

I'm curious, does anyone here have experience with Kensie jeans? Are they worth the price? Do they hold up well? They're the item I'm not sure if I should splurge on or not......

@MissKellyC I got a pair of Kensie's after getting them in my fix. Check out 6PM.com to see if they have them there. I bought them off 6PM for like $30 I believe? I've only worn them a few times, but seem to be holding up. 

@MissKellyC  I got a pair of Kensie's after getting them in my fix. Check out 6PM.com to see if they have them there. I bought them off 6PM for like $30 I believe? I've only worn them a few times, but seem to be holding up. 
Great, thanks!! I'll check them out!! Also, the scarf has won me over....

I will for sure give everything a shot. Just a little bummed about 5/5 printed pieces and jealous of all the cute dresses and skinny jeans.  Oh well, at least I have some good ideas about stuff to get for my winter wardrobe now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I looked at mine too (it should be coming tomorrow) and I'm a little bummed too! Everything is busy patterns (I usually only wear solids - sometimes stripes or polka dots). I guess the upside is that if I loved everything I would have to spend an extra $250, so maybe it's a good thing I'm not crazy about it? I guess I'll give it a shot and worst case scenario, I send everything back and lose the $20 credit from Popsugar.

Got my fix!

Spoilers to save space and not clog things up on the feed here:

I also got knitted infinity scarf:

When I first saw the Geo Print dress I thought...Ok J-Lo at the grammys when she was with P-Diddy.  But trying it on, it wasn't bad, pretty flattering and comfortable but too short for me. 

I specifically request Pink Martini clothing/dresses.  They sent me this awesome dress in September which I wore to a wedding. 

My boyfriend is wearing his space invaders bow tie and I rocked my 'gang banger/rapper chain from my PopSugar box this summer, but it got all twisted up.

Anyway, I'm only keeping the embellished collar sweater/top from this fix.  The Pink Martini dress from my fix today was cute but too short and the skirt, while cute, really wasn't my style. I'm going to text my mom a picture of the scarf and see if she can knit me one for Christmas, since the one in my fix, while really soft and beautiful colors, was too expensive at $42!

Can't wait for next month!

. These are the 2 items I'm keeping from my fix.: the pleather jacket ,which is more of a tobacco color than it looks, and the geo dress. I liked nearly everything else but I need to go up a size in their clothes. Things are a bit pricey but I think I'll get another fix sometime!

. These are the 2 items I'm keeping from my fix.: the pleather jacket ,which is more of a tobacco color than it looks, and the geo dress. I liked nearly everything else but I need to go up a size in their clothes. Things are a bit pricey but I think I'll get another fix sometime!
Great choices:) I have the same faux leather jacket that I kept from them and it goes with everything, love it

Quote: Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got that dress in my fix and kept it.  It's very comfortable!

For the second month in a row I'm sending everything back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My first 2 fixes were so awesome and the last 2, not so much.

Got my first Stitchfix.  I asked for casual (I live in Seattle - land of Jeans and Fleece).  I actually really liked everything they sent me...some things just fit better than others, but I'm busty and have a bit of a tummy, so finding things that fit well is really tricky.  ESPECIALLY pants.  I couldn't believe how well the black Skinny leggings fit.  I didn't even care about the price.  I ended up keeping the leggings and cardigan.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shanny81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my first Stitchfix.  I asked for casual (I live in Seattle - land of Jeans and Fleece).  I actually really liked everything they sent me...some things just fit better than others, but I'm busty and have a bit of a tummy, so finding things that fit well is really tricky.  ESPECIALLY pants.  I couldn't believe how well the black Skinny leggings fit.  I didn't even care about the price.  I ended up keeping the leggings and cardigan.

Very pretty!  Is the second photo of the Mack Printed Split Neck Blouse and the last photo of the Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan?  If so, I'm receiving those in my fix next week.  I'm thinking I'm going to love the cardigan... it looks so comfy and versatile, but the price tag scares me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Very pretty!  Is the second photo of the Mack Printed Split Neck Blouse and the last photo of the Huebert Space Dye Open Cardigan?  If so, I'm receiving those in my fix next week.  I'm thinking I'm going to love the cardigan... it looks so comfy and versatile, but the price tag scares me.

Yes!  It was hard to swallow the cardigan price tag too.  BUT, I will say this.  I have bought less expensive cardigans before than they end up with holes in them so quickly.  So I'm hoping the price tag reflects quality here.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my first Stitch Fix order and there was a missing item!  The jeans that were printed on the card and listed in my check out did not come...I only had 4 items in my box.  Has this happened to anyone else?! On top of the missing item all the other things they sent me are ugly.  I'm really upset right now because I don't want them to charge me for not sending back an item that I did not receive in the fist place.  I emailed them, so I will see what happens.  This whole experience with Stitch Fix has been really disappointing.
frown.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lauren2828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my first Stitch Fix order and there was a missing item!  The jeans that were printed on the card and listed in my check out did not come...I only had 4 items in my box.  Has this happened to anyone else?! On top of the missing item all the other things they sent me are ugly.  I'm really upset right now because I don't want them to charge me for not sending back an item that I did not receive in the fist place.  I emailed them, so I will see what happens.  This whole experience with Stitch Fix has been really disappointing.
frown.gif

oh wow, that sounds horrible, I'm so sorry that you had a bad first experience!! Please keep us updated, I hope everything is fixed!  Just know that usually the first one is hit or miss.. the first box I got, I pretty much hated everything except one top.. but the next one was great!  I'm so sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my fix Thursday. I only kept the jeans ( really dark blue) because they fit so well ... Lots of spandex I think ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Wish I would have googled them 1st & saw half the price on 6pm... I like them, but after a few hours they are loose ( not sure if it is me or the pants... I washed them today and they are still saggy... A little disappointed!) The green sweater was sooo soft... But not for the cost! The tan was nice, but I'm a little too busty for it & you can't really leave it open. I really wanted to like the plaid open shirt, but the color made it too blah for me... I want plaid to look like plaid :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And the black shirt with the green/blue on it just didn't work for my body ... Just not me I guess! Kinda fun to try, but not sure I will get another fix...though they scheduled it already for 12/11...

Quote: Originally Posted by katiew /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my fix Thursday. I only kept the jeans ( really dark blue) because they fit so well ... Lots of spandex I think
wink.gif
. Wish I would have googled them 1st & saw half the price on 6pm... I like them, but after a few hours they are loose ( not sure if it is me or the pants... I washed them today and they are still saggy... A little disappointed!)
The green sweater was sooo soft... But not for the cost!
The tan was nice, but I'm a little too busty for it & you can't really leave it open.
I really wanted to like the plaid open shirt, but the color made it too blah for me... I want plaid to look like plaid
smile.gif

And the black shirt with the green/blue on it just didn't work for my body ... Just not me I guess!
Kinda fun to try, but not sure I will get another fix...though they scheduled it already for 12/11...

All your sweaters are soooooo cute! I was worried about the same thing with the pants. I got a pair of jeans in mine but I'm not sure if I want to pay $70 and then have to shrink them anyway. They did fit great though. I'm going to go stalk 6PM.com now.

Latest posts

Back