The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrskatemarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my first fix today (using the PopSugar code) and I'm so, so impressed. I'm tall and have a terrible time finding pants - especially skinny ones - and they sent me a pair that fit beautifully. They're way more than I usually spend for pants, but I couldn't pass them up.

Here are my keepers:

Black skinnies and both the shirts are navy/tan. The one with the stripes is so, so comfy.
Those are great! 

Mine first fix is sitting at the local FedEx... Apparently not to be delivered before the scheduled date/time! =P I wanna see what they picked out! I'm loving everyone else's picks! =)

Okay, so I'm not a model or anything and I'm terrible at taking selfies, but here's what I got.

Okay, so I'm not a model or anything and I'm terrible at taking selfies, but here's what I got.
Your fix looks great and everything looks fab on you! Question: Where did you get the style cards for each piece you posted? Can you get them online somewhere??

Quote: Originally Posted by adrienne27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your fix looks great and everything looks fab on you! Question: Where did you get the style cards for each piece you posted? Can you get them online somewhere??
They were actually in my box, so I took pictures of those pictures (pictureception!!) and combined them into one collage.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE your fix! I think I would have kept everything. I hope my 2nd one is great!

What do you mean you're not a model and terrible at self photos!  I think these pics are great!

What kind of scarf is it?  I love the color.  I'm getting my box tomorrow or Friday and getting an infinity scarf so I'm curious to see how it compares to this one.  I love the tie front and drawstring tops!  

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What do you mean you're not a model and terrible at self photos!  I think these pics are great!

What kind of scarf is it?  I love the color.  I'm getting my box tomorrow or Friday and getting an infinity scarf so I'm curious to see how it compares to this one.  I love the tie front and drawstring tops!  
I'm one of those girls that genuinely thinks she is fat. The non-crazy side of my brain tells me I'm insane and should listen to people who think I'm either joking about it or fishing for compliments. It's psychological and comes from childhood when I actually used to be a chubby kid, and even to this day I can't think of myself as anything but. 

This is an infinity scarf too, and the material is really soft! I loved it more than anything else in the box, so I kept it and sent the rest back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OiiO you are hot! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really like those purple cords too! My fix will be here Monday and I'm so curious to see what they sent.

Are you able to access through your account on the stitchfix website a list or pictures of what they will be sending you before you get it?

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Are you able to access through your account on the stitchfix website a list or pictures of what they will be sending you before you get it?
If you have a fix being sent to you (ie already packaged and on its way), you should have a list of items that are coming. You'll be able to see the prices too. Then, if you want to be spoiled, google away! 

@OiiO , we are the same!! I was totally a chubster growing up and always had my grandma picking on me about it and even now, I feel like that little girl. Especially around her crazy German ass haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have a fix being sent to you (ie already packaged and on its way), you should have a list of items that are coming. You'll be able to see the prices too. Then, if you want to be spoiled, google away! 

@OiiO , we are the same!! I was totally a chubster growing up and always had my grandma picking on me about it and even now, I feel like that little girl. Especially around her crazy German ass haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Oh no! I wish I hadn't looked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I doubt I will be keeping anything.

I'm getting a baggy striped tshirt, a baggy striped sweater, a cat printed tank top, the chevron scarf and a poufy polka dot skirt.  I said I had a classic style, liked fitted pieces and was looking for stuff for work so I don't get it....bummer.  I was really excited after seeing some of the other fixes on here.

You look gorgeous!  I love the scarf and the striped pullover!  My fix should get here on Monday.... can't wait!

I got mine yesterday! It wasn't horrible, it was actually kinda fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> here are my cards, sorry I didn't take pics of the actual clothes, I already had them back In their bag to go to the post office by the time i saw this thread! I also got a black and grey Infinity chevron scarf that I love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh no! I wish I hadn't looked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I doubt I will be keeping anything.

I'm getting a baggy striped tshirt, a baggy striped sweater, a cat printed tank top, the chevron scarf and a poufy polka dot skirt.  I said I had a classic style, liked fitted pieces and was looking for stuff for work so I don't get it....bummer.  I was really excited after seeing some of the other fixes on here.

Don't count it out until you try it on! When I first pulled my stuff out of the box, I was like, yup, this is all going back, and totally changed my mind once I saw the stuff on.

@Lolo22 , @mrskatemarie is right! There's been a few times where I open the box and laugh but force myself to try it on & end up with a keeper. Also, leave them TONS of feedback on your fix! Maybe you end up liking the pattern on a top but hate the fit, explain that. They give you more room in the individual piece review than at the bottom so use it up! I found once I left a lot of constructive feedback, my fixes were better. 

I'm one of those girls that genuinely thinks she is fat. The non-crazy side of my brain tells me I'm insane and should listen to people who think I'm either joking about it or fishing for compliments. It's psychological and comes from childhood when I actually used to be a chubby kid, and even to this day I can't think of myself as anything but.

This is an infinity scarf too, and the material is really soft! I loved it more than anything else in the box, so I kept it and sent the rest back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am the same way! In high school I was teased a lot about weight. I'm 5'1 and was 157lbs at the time. Now I'm 113lbs and a size 0 but I still feel fat. That's why I love stitch fix they picked out clothes I wouldn't of picked for myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrskatemarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't count it out until you try it on! When I first pulled my stuff out of the box, I was like, yup, this is all going back, and totally changed my mind once I saw the stuff on.
Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @Lolo22 , @mrskatemarie is right! There's been a few times where I open the box and laugh but force myself to try it on & end up with a keeper. Also, leave them TONS of feedback on your fix! Maybe you end up liking the pattern on a top but hate the fit, explain that. They give you more room in the individual piece review than at the bottom so use it up! I found once I left a lot of constructive feedback, my fixes were better. 
I will for sure give everything a shot. Just a little bummed about 5/5 printed pieces and jealous of all the cute dresses and skinny jeans.  Oh well, at least I have some good ideas about stuff to get for my winter wardrobe now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the tip of logging on to see a list! I was only able to find two items on someone's blog, but from the sound of the items I think I'll love them all! Which will be a bad thing.... Lol but if they look how I am imagining them to, then they definitely took note of my Pinterest board! =) can't wait to get my fix this afternoon!!

I want your pullover BAD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Latest posts

Back