The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright ladies, I need help rationalizing if I really need to try this. I've been debating it for awhile, but then now with the $20 card from October PopSugar-it's even more tempting. But this is why I don't need it; I'm a store manager for a high end women's clothing store and have more clothes than I can fit in my house. That being said, it's mostly work clothes that I don't ever wear on my days off. But I really don't need to spend more $ on anymore clothes period. So what I'm debating is either trying it and adding to my bursting wardrobe or trade the card with someone else that has some other card like shoptiques, bauble bar or gorjana so atleast I can use it for accessories. So to those of you who have tried Stitch Fix, is it worth the try for a person that has more clothes than I know what to do with? And I do realize that even if I don't like anything, I'm not out any of my own $. But if that's the case I might as well just trade it to someone who knows they will actually like and keep the clothes. Help! I can't be trusted! I'm very impulsive! LOL
We all have our styles that we gravitate towards- the cool thing is that new things that we probably wouldn't pick out ourselves are brought to our attention. I say go for it!! It doesn't cost anything to try if you don't like anything :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by missemiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alright ladies, I need help rationalizing if I really need to try this. I've been debating it for awhile, but then now with the $20 card from October PopSugar-it's even more tempting. But this is why I don't need it; I'm a store manager for a high end women's clothing store and have more clothes than I can fit in my house. That being said, it's mostly work clothes that I don't ever wear on my days off. But I really don't need to spend more $ on anymore clothes period. So what I'm debating is either trying it and adding to my bursting wardrobe or trade the card with someone else that has some other card like shoptiques, bauble bar or gorjana so atleast I can use it for accessories.

So to those of you who have tried Stitch Fix, is it worth the try for a person that has more clothes than I know what to do with? And I do realize that even if I don't like anything, I'm not out any of my own $. But if that's the case I might as well just trade it to someone who knows they will actually like and keep the clothes.

Help! I can't be trusted! I'm very impulsive! LOL
I'd say go for the Stitch Fix with a focus on non-work clothes! The service sounds like such fun (although my first fix isn't arriving until November). Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy it!

I'd say go for the Stitch Fix with a focus on non-work clothes! The service sounds like such fun (although my first fix isn't arriving until November). Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy it!
I really do need non work clothes. My days off are spent in yoga leggings and a hoodie. LOL.

Quote: Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my 4 th stitch fix one day early today and I LOVE it this time! Totally my style I think my Pinterest board helped a lot and as three of the items are so my style I am keeping the whole thing to get the discount; makes much more sense as the other two items I like enough. Totally happy this time
smile.gif

That open cardigan! I'm dead. I want something like that to show up in my first fix!!

I want my fix now! its supposed to come on the 9th! i am excited! i was really specific about my likes and dislikes, so i hope they listened! 

My latest fix has come and already gone this past Thursday. After the good last two ones this one was quite disappointing. I pinned away on my pinterest and even made a special stitch fix board. Not even one of the many options made it to my box and nothing comes even close to the style. I ended up keeping a blouse as I had popsugar credit and I like it will post pics later.

My latest fix has come and already gone this past Thursday. After the good last two ones this one was quite disappointing. I pinned away on my pinterest and even made a special stitch fix board.
Not even one of the many options made it to my box and nothing comes even close to the style. I ended up keeping a blouse as I had popsugar credit and I like it will post pics later.
I'm sorry! that is a bummer. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm scheduled to receive my first fix on the 9th. I received coupon codes in the Popsugar box. Someone said we could use up to 2. I had two codes and a credit of $40. Today I checked the site and only have a credit of $20. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

My first fix is scheduled to arrive Friday. I'm a little nervous that I'm going to fall in love with everything but I can really only afford one item... 

I wanted a preview so I googled all the items it says I'm getting. HA! It only worked for one.

I'm scheduled to receive my first fix on the 9th. I received coupon codes in the Popsugar box. Someone said we could use up to 2. I had two codes and a credit of $40. Today I checked the site and only have a credit of $20. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks
Yes happened to me too, and it usually means they are working on your fix and used the first $20 as the stylists fee:)) hope this helps!

Yes happened to me too, and it usually means they are working on your fix and used the first $20 as the stylists fee:)) hope this helps!
Def helps. Thanks! I can't wait.

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My first fix is scheduled to arrive Friday. I'm a little nervous that I'm going to fall in love with everything but I can really only afford one item...

I wanted a preview so I googled all the items it says I'm getting. HA! It only worked for one.
Where do you check what you're getting? It's my first fix. Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by ginmorel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Where do you check what you're getting? It's my first fix. Thanks!
Im getting my first fix too! if you received your shipping notice already, then they have posted the names of each piece on your account page! 

Received my first stitch fix today - loved it! 

These are the two items I kept (pants & shirt):

This blouse I sent back (wanted to keep it, but at $100 and knowing it was dryclean only, I couldnt justify it):

And this giant sweater was a no brainer send back, for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It looks OKish here but mostly looked like a bath robe

I also received a scarf (not pictured) but it was just way too much material for me.

...and please excuse the lighting! my laundry room looks like a dungeon but it's where the full length mirror lives.

Quote: Originally Posted by superhans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ...and please excuse the lighting! my laundry room looks like a dungeon but it's where the full length mirror lives.
I loved the two pieces you kept! I agree with you on the giant sweater, though! 

I'd call that a good fix. I hope mine is as well!

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I kind of love the bathrobe sweater, but that is because I spend way too much time wandering around in a bathrobe, so it would sort of be an upgrade for me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
icon_lol.gif
 I should look at it that way!

Back