The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my first stitch fix coming November 12th!   I never know how those style profiles will work with me as I like a little bit of everything so it is hard for me to specify my taste. 

I received my October fix yesterday and I immediately bagged it back up to send back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There was nothing I liked. They sent 2 sweaters which were so strangely cut and oversized, a maxi skirt (I don't wear skirts but I didn't tell them NOT to send them), a strange coat/cape/wrap thing, and a cobalt blue top which was nice, but I didn't love. I was really looking forward to this one too, especially with the $20 PopSugar card. Hopefully November is better!

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my October fix yesterday and I immediately bagged it back up to send back.
frown.gif
There was nothing I liked. They sent 2 sweaters which were so strangely cut and oversized, a maxi skirt (I don't wear skirts but I didn't tell them NOT to send them), a strange coat/cape/wrap thing, and a cobalt blue top which was nice, but I didn't love. I was really looking forward to this one too, especially with the $20 PopSugar card. Hopefully November is better!
My Oct box is due to arrive tomorrow.  Looking at my check out page I'm not super excited about it, but I used my PS card too so at least I'm not out the $20 if I don't like any of it.  

Oh my gosh, stylishmomofnw, LOVE the jacket!! How much was it? 

I got my 7th fix the other day and it was pretty solid, but I think I'm only keeping the last 2 pieces. Definitely keeping the last sweater, and am on the fence about the white blouse.  

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh my gosh, stylishmomofnw, LOVE the jacket!! How much was it? 

I got my 7th fix the other day and it was pretty solid, but I think I'm only keeping the last 2 pieces. Definitely keeping the last sweater, and am on the fence about the white blouse.  

Love the pink sweater!

Hi Guys,

This is my first time signing up for stitch fix. I was setting up my  style profile and placed the promo code for $20 received from Popsugar Oct Box with no problem.  However, my pc got disconnected and I had to restart the whole thing over. When I look at the credit balance it still says $0.00. Shouldn't this say $20 credit? I do not recall any messages from stitch fix that the code is being verified.  My fix is scheduled on Nov 14.  I tried putting the promo code again and it says I already used that code.  

Quote: Originally Posted by boxnewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi Guys,

This is my first time signing up for stitch fix. I was setting up my  style profile and placed the promo code for $20 received from Popsugar Oct Box with no problem.  However, my pc got disconnected and I had to restart the whole thing over. When I look at the credit balance it still says $0.00. Shouldn't this say $20 credit? I do not recall any messages from stitch fix that the code is being verified.  My fix is scheduled on Nov 14.  I tried putting the promo code again and it says I already used that code.  
I would call Stitch Fix customer service. They should be able to tell the promo code was associated with your account but your order wasn't completed. (Sounds like a glitch in their application.)

Quote: Originally Posted by boxnewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi Guys,

I've used two codes so far, and both didn't show up in my credit online. They take the credit immediately to apply toward your order. (The $20 styling fee.) I checked and I wasn't charged on my credit card for either, so it did work. 

Thanks Ladies! I already emailed customer service after I had set up my account just to make sure. Still waiting for a reply. 

Oh my gosh, stylishmomofnw, LOVE the jacket!! How much was it?  I got my 7th fix the other day and it was pretty solid, but I think I'm only keeping the last 2 pieces. Definitely keeping the last sweater, and am on the fence about the white blouse.  
Thx, I love it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) I was able to locate the Stitch fix explanation sheet and the actual price for the leather jacket is $98( a bit less than I remembered actually:) and for me it was %25 off of that price as I kept the whole box:)

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Love the pink sweater!
Thanks! Ended up being the only thing I kept :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

In regards to advice for getting the best fixes possible, I say as much feedback as possible! I let them know exactly what kind of items I was looking for and what I did not want / my work environment. I even started using Pinterest just for them. I think after they saw the Pinterest board, the pieces improved. Your first box may not be a rockstar, but if you give them honest feedback, it'll get better. It's also a good idea to include some of your measurements. I know for me, tops are hard. I have a larger bust so sizing in a pain in the rear. They've been pretty great so far sizing wise, I think only 1-2 items were too small. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks! Ended up being the only thing I kept :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

In regards to advice for getting the best fixes possible, I say as much feedback as possible! I let them know exactly what kind of items I was looking for and what I did not want / my work environment. I even started using Pinterest just for them. I think after they saw the Pinterest board, the pieces improved. Your first box may not be a rockstar, but if you give them honest feedback, it'll get better. It's also a good idea to include some of your measurements. I know for me, tops are hard. I have a larger bust so sizing in a pain in the rear. They've been pretty great so far sizing wise, I think only 1-2 items were too small. 
Thanks for the tips! I really wasn't sure on the sizing; I'll be a little more specific in my notes. Did you put any pics of yourself on your Pinterest board? I read the SF instructions and they suggested I do that. 

My mom got her October Fix if anyone is interested in seeing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Below are the info cards detailing what she got.. modeling photos through the link :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> She kept everything! It was only her second fix and she loved it - I can't wait to get my next fix!

See Terms of Service for instruction how to add a proper signature.

Quote: Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my 4 th stitch fix one day early today and I LOVE it this time! Totally my style I think my Pinterest board helped a lot and as three of the items are so my style I am keeping the whole thing to get the discount; makes much more sense as the other two items I like enough. Totally happy this time
smile.gif

LOVE YOUR FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love my third fix! I could do without the Maxi Skirt, but I'm going to keep the whole thing because the discount makes it free. The sweater in the lower right looks way better on than it does on the dummy. It actually hangs correctly. I love the riding inspired back. The necklace is my favorite. 

Quote: Originally Posted by chachithegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love my third fix! I could do without the Maxi Skirt, but I'm going to keep the whole thing because the discount makes it free. The sweater in the lower right looks way better on than it does on the dummy. It actually hangs correctly. I love the riding inspired back. The necklace is my favorite. 
Everything looks wonderful! I'm excited to order mine!!

Alright ladies, I need help rationalizing if I really need to try this. I've been debating it for awhile, but then now with the $20 card from October PopSugar-it's even more tempting. But this is why I don't need it; I'm a store manager for a high end women's clothing store and have more clothes than I can fit in my house. That being said, it's mostly work clothes that I don't ever wear on my days off. But I really don't need to spend more $ on anymore clothes period. So what I'm debating is either trying it and adding to my bursting wardrobe or trade the card with someone else that has some other card like shoptiques, bauble bar or gorjana so atleast I can use it for accessories. So to those of you who have tried Stitch Fix, is it worth the try for a person that has more clothes than I know what to do with? And I do realize that even if I don't like anything, I'm not out any of my own $. But if that's the case I might as well just trade it to someone who knows they will actually like and keep the clothes. Help! I can't be trusted! I'm very impulsive! LOL

Back