The Stitch Fix Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my second box and am still not happy. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't think I'll try it again. I even linked my Pinterest page and left comments on the last box. It doesn't seem like they took any of that into account. I think I'm going to try the other personal shopping box.

My fourth fix arrives Wednesday. For those with more time than patience I found that you can find most of the clothes headed your way (as in check the list of stuff you're getting and find it here):

http://katrinalake.polyvore.com/?p=37

I found all of the pieces headed to my mailbox by taking a peak.

My fourth fix arrives Wednesday. For those with more time than patience I found that you can find most of the clothes headed your way (as in check the list of stuff you're getting and find it here): http://katrinalake.polyvore.com/?p=37 I found all of the pieces headed to my mailbox by taking a peak.
Thanks for this link; I am always obsessively searching the items listed on my checkout page while waiting on the shipment and this is so great it has a ton of their item cards amazing:))

Quote: Originally Posted by centaur74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My fourth fix arrives Wednesday. For those with more time than patience I found that you can find most of the clothes headed your way (as in check the list of stuff you're getting and find it here):

http://katrinalake.polyvore.com/?p=37

I found all of the pieces headed to my mailbox by taking a peak.

Thank you! This link is so helpful!! 

I recently received a fix and I kept the Margot Asymmetrical Zipper Coat: http://www.polyvore.com/margot_asymmetrical_zipper_coat/set?id=97682609 I'm totally in love with it!! 

Question, can they do plus sizes? I am about a 2x in most things and I have a coupon for this but I can't seem to find anything about sizing. 

They only have sizes that go up to a 14, though there's been talk they may expand with plus sizes someday. I have a plus size friend who really likes Gywnnie Bee, which I think is kind of similar.

Quote: Originally Posted by crescentmoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Question, can they do plus sizes? I am about a 2x in most things and I have a coupon for this but I can't seem to find anything about sizing. 

On the style profile it appears that the options to select for sizes are as follows: "0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, Plus" 

There is also a size guide for dress sizes that looks like this: 

Hope this was somewhat helpful!! 

[/img]
[/img][/img]
Got my 4 th stitch fix one day early today and I LOVE it this time! Totally my style I think my Pinterest board helped a lot and as three of the items are so my style I am keeping the whole thing to get the discount; makes much more sense as the other two items I like enough. Totally happy this time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What were the prices like?

What were the prices like?
The prices were all over the place for this fix. The most expensive item expectedly I guess was the jacket about $110 if I remember right. The rest of the four costed around $130 considering I kept everything and got the %25 discount. Individually if I didn't get the discount I think the whole thing was above $350 which would have been too expensive. I think with Stitch Fix either keeping the whole thing or just keeping one or two items makes the most financial sense:))

The prices were all over the place for this fix. The most expensive item expectedly I guess was the jacket about $110 if I remember right. The rest of the four costed around $130 considering I kept everything and got the %25 discount. Individually if I didn't get the discount I think the whole thing was above $350 which would have been too expensive. I think with Stitch Fix either keeping the whole thing or just keeping one or two items makes the most financial sense:))
Thanks! I ordered my first fix. I'm hoping I like everything so I can get the 25% off :)

Thanks! I ordered my first fix. I'm hoping I like everything so I can get the 25% off :)
Sure:) can't wait to see your fix! I have another one coming the end of the month and will share mine again as well!

Do you have tips for making my first Stitch Fix a success?

I've already been working on a Pinterest board. I'm going to skip the accessories because I just can't do bold and I have plenty of classic pieces. 

I am trying to figure out the sizes and size chart. I'm a little surprised they don't ask for complete measurements (hips/waist/bust/etc.) and instead ask for your regular top/bottom sizes in numbers and letters. As we all know this can vary a LOT depending on the brand. Would including more specific measurements in the notes help them?

Thank you!!

Amanda

Just FYI - telling them to skip something doesn't always work. Last month I asked specifically for no polyester tops, and I got a top that was 100% polyester. This month I specified no jewelry - and I got a necklace. I don't think they actually read the notes you send them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just FYI - telling them to skip something doesn't always work. Last month I asked specifically for no polyester tops, and I got a top that was 100% polyester. This month I specified no jewelry - and I got a necklace. I don't think they actually read the notes you send them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think you have to change your profile, not just put it in your notes to the stylist.  It wouldn't hurt to do both to ensure you don't get accessories or fabrics you don't care for.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think you have to change your profile, not just put it in your notes to the stylist.  It wouldn't hurt to do both to ensure you don't get accessories or fabrics you don't care for.  
Good tip! Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did that. Didn't work. 

Back