• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TheBalm 50% off!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else who has received the products that they ordered just get a random shipping notice from theBalm?

I didn't get a shipping notice at all.  But it came.
The odd thing is, the products that I ordered were delivered on 4/17. I did get a shipping notice from them when it shipped and then today I got a completely random shipping notice from them.

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else who has received the products that they ordered just get a random shipping notice from theBalm?
I did... you're probably getting a duplicate order like I did.

I saw a lot of people get a sample of the grapefruit scrub, I think...I received a sample of the apricot skin renewal cream. Anyone else get this and try it....thoughts?

I received a sample of the apricot scrub when they finally sent me my down boy blush, but I haven't tried it yet.

I got a grapefruit daytime moisturizer and I really liked it a lot. The sample was a foil packet that has lasted me almost 2 weeks!

I sent an email about my broken palette on Wednesday, didn't hear anything back, so I forwarded my original email to them again today (so it would include the original date and time of the first email) with the message 'Second email attempt'. I received an email back within half an hour, plus a shipping notice:

[SIZE=11pt]I am so sorry you received a broken palette!  Thank you for the photos.  We are sending you a replacement today, and I will include a USPS return label (pre-paid) to return the broken palette to us if that isn’t too much trouble.  Thank you so much for your patience![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Christina[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent an email about my broken palette on Wednesday, didn't hear anything back, so I forwarded my original email to them again today (so it would include the original date and time of the first email) with the message 'Second email attempt'. I received an email back within half an hour, plus a shipping notice:

[SIZE=11pt]I am so sorry you received a broken palette!  Thank you for the photos.  We are sending you a replacement today, and I will include a USPS return label (pre-paid) to return the broken palette to us if that isn’t too much trouble.  Thank you so much for your patience![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

lols, did she give you the excuse that they can still use it?! >.<"

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

lols, did she give you the excuse that they can still use it?! >.<"

Nope, that's all she said ^^ I received that email + the shipping email within minutes of each other.

I have finally got to the point of frustration with TheBalm. I ordered exactly 3 weeks ago and have heard or received nothing. I have sent 2 emails and have now tried calling the number listed in my confirmation email (888-555-1212) and it says my call cannot be completed as dialed. I am going to try sending a third email now in the hopes that they will finally acknowledge my order :-/

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 it says my call cannot be completed as dialed.
  Maybe try it again?  I ordered on April 1 and after 3 weeks and 1 day I made a phone call and spoke with Christina.  3 hours later, I received a notification that my package had shipped.  I send an email about the 2 week mark and never heard anything back, so it seems like phone is your best bet.  I was able to get through using the # on the website last Tuesday.  Good luck!!

Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe try it again?  I ordered on April 1 and after 3 weeks and 1 day I made a phone call and spoke with Christina.  3 hours later, I received a notification that my package had shipped.  I send an email about the 2 week mark and never heard anything back, so it seems like phone is your best bet.  I was able to get through using the # on the website last Tuesday.  Good luck!!
 Oops -- wanted to add:  The number I got through with is 510-522-3610.  That is the one listed on the website.

My things came in today! No shipping notification and I was just charged hours ago. I also emailed them twice and never heard back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Oh well, I'm just glad I got my stuff, it's all lovely. Although I probably won't be shopping sales at theBalm again (if they ever have them). Wayyyy too much hassle and headache. 

Oops -- wanted to add:  The number I got through with is 510-522-3610.  That is the one listed on the website.
Thanks for sharing the phone number. Right after I sent my third email I got a shipping notification! Hurray! Then thirty minutes after that Christina at TheBalm responded to my email saying my items had shipped this morning. I can't wait to get them and not to have to think about this anymore. This will he the last time I order from TheBalm directly.

Wow! I just realized it's been a whole month since the sale!
~*memories*~ But I think it's nuts that some people haven't received their orders yet! Also, I think it's nuts they're on Hautelook already!

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

~*memories*~

But I think it's nuts that some people haven't received their orders yet! Also, I think it's nuts they're on Hautelook already!
yea i'll be interested to see what they have on Hautelook considering the amount of items that were back ordered. everything worked out great with my order- got it in a timely manner, charged correctly, nothing damaged, but i can see a really dodged a bullet! 

Back