• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TheBalm 50% off!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order arrived today no shipping email or nothing. I am happy I got my palettes and also a sample of the  grapefruit daytime moisturizer.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent an email about my broken palette on Wednesday, didn't hear anything back, so I forwarded my original email to them again today (so it would include the original date and time of the first email) with the message 'Second email attempt'. I received an email back within half an hour, plus a shipping notice:

[SIZE=11pt]I am so sorry you received a broken palette!  Thank you for the photos.  We are sending you a replacement today, and I will include a USPS return label (pre-paid) to return the broken palette to us if that isn’t too much trouble.  Thank you so much for your patience![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Christina[/SIZE]
lols, did she give you the excuse that they can still use it?! >.<"

Nope, that's all she said ^^ I received that email + the shipping email within minutes of each other.

Well, the tracking number for my replacement palette that I was sent on Monday in conjunction with the email that I posted above, was just delivered somewhere in CA. I'm in TX. 
wtf.gif

I sent an email about my broken palette on Wednesday, didn't hear anything back, so I forwarded my original email to them again today (so it would include the original date and time of the first email) with the message 'Second email attempt'. I received an email back within half an hour, plus a shipping notice:

[SIZE=11pt]I am so sorry you received a broken palette!  Thank you for the photos.  We are sending you a replacement today, and I will include a USPS return label (pre-paid) to return the broken palette to us if that isn’t too much trouble.  Thank you so much for your patience![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

Well, the tracking number for my replacement palette that I was sent on Monday in conjunction with the email that I posted above, was just delivered somewhere in CA. I'm in TX. 
wtf.gif

Just received a response from Christina:

I called USPS and opened up a claim for this problem.  Since your address was correctly put as in Texas, it cannot be delivered in CA.  I will keep and eye on the tracking and tomorrow it will have an update on its location.  If the package isn't on its way to you or back at our warehouse by the end of the week, we will re-ship the palette.

Christina

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

lols, did she give you the excuse that they can still use it?! >.<"

Nope, that's all she said ^^ I received that email + the shipping email within minutes of each other.

wtf.gif

Are you sure they didn't reuse the tracking number?

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

USPS does reuse tracking numbers. and it happens often, it looks like.

Just received a response from Christina:

I called USPS and opened up a claim for this problem.  Since your address was correctly put as in Texas, it cannot be delivered in CA.  I will keep and eye on the tracking and tomorrow it will have an update on its location.  If the package isn't on its way to you or back at our warehouse by the end of the week, we will re-ship the palette.

Christina

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they did, that wasn't her explanation (posted above).

I did get a reused tracking number for my original order, that showed it being delivered elsewhere a few days before I got the tracking email, then it generated new location info while it made its way to me. This time, I received her 'we're sending one out today' email, and a tracking email both on Monday. The tracking showed the item going out on Monday, and then 'out for delivery' in CA today. So if I got a number that was in use, they issued the same number to two people on the same day, which shouldn't be happening.

If they did, that wasn't her explanation (posted above).

I did get a reused tracking number for my original order, that showed it being delivered elsewhere a few days before I got the tracking email, then it generated new location info while it made its way to me. This time, I received her 'we're sending one out today' email, and a tracking email both on Monday. The tracking showed the item going out on Monday, and then 'out for delivery' in CA today. So if I got a number that was in use, they issued the same number to two people on the same day, which shouldn't be happening.
what is up with the balm? hopefully you can get your palette soon.. blah =/

I saw a lot of people get a sample of the grapefruit scrub, I think...I received a sample of the apricot skin renewal cream. Anyone else get this and try it....thoughts?
I didn't get either of those, my order just arrived today and came with a sample of the blueberry face treatment mask.  Did anyone else get that?

Originally Posted by Candyfloss1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone get double shipments?  What do you do with double?!
Some people did...thebalm sent them a shipping label to send it back. I'm one of those terrible people that keep stuff when it's sent to me by accident lol

I wouldn't feel too terrible.  When I think a) of the markup on cosmetics, and B) the number of times things go wrong for, as my dad has said, it's just the way of the cosmos working things out.

I was just thinking, "What would I do with an extra balmjovi?" I mean, it's awesome, but I guess gifts?

Does anyone have some of theBalm's brushes & are they worth buying? Also which of their products turned out to be a let down?

A little update/summary of my broken palette fiasco so far...

Original order: 4/9

Original ship date: 4/18

Order received: 4/24 (palette had two broken shadows)

First email w/ pics sent: 4/24 (no answer)

Second email sent: 4/49

Email answered: 4/29 Christina issued a new palette right away, and sent a return ship label asking for the broken palette back

Tracking received: 4/29

Tracking indicates 'out for delivery' in wrong city and state: 5/1

Sent email letting them know package was out for delivery in wrong state: 5/1

Email answered: 5/1 Christina says she 'opened a claim' with usps, and to keep an eye on tracking. If not en route to me or her by 5/3, they will issue new palette.

Email sent: 5/3 2:43pm package still sitting in random city where delivery was attempted.

Tracking received: 5/3 2:55pm

Another tracking email received: 5/3 3:20pm

Email answered: 5/3 3:21pm Christina says she spoke to usps and package is lost. She is re-issuing the palette. If I end up receiving the MIA package, let her know and she will send a return label for it. Email includes a tracking # that does not match either of the 2 tracking numbers I received minutes before.

So at this point, I have one broken palette, one palette that is MIA in CA, and three new tracking numbers. I have no idea how many packages are on their way, I'll have to see which number updates in the next few days.

A little update/summary of my broken palette fiasco so far...

Original order: 4/9

Original ship date: 4/18

Order received: 4/24 (palette had two broken shadows)

First email w/ pics sent: 4/24 (no answer)

Second email sent: 4/49

Email answered: 4/29 Christina issued a new palette right away, and sent a return ship label asking for the broken palette back

Tracking received: 4/29

Tracking indicates 'out for delivery' in wrong city and state: 5/1

Sent email letting them know package was out for delivery in wrong state: 5/1

Email answered: 5/1 Christina says she 'opened a claim' with usps, and to keep an eye on tracking. If not en route to me or her by 5/3, they will issue new palette.

Email sent: 5/3 2:43pm package still sitting in random city where delivery was attempted.

Tracking received: 5/3 2:55pm

Another tracking email received: 5/3 3:20pm

Email answered: 5/3 3:21pm Christina says she spoke to usps and package is lost. She is re-issuing the palette. If I end up receiving the MIA package, let her know and she will send a return label for it. Email includes a tracking # that does not match either of the 2 tracking numbers I received minutes before.

So at this point, I have one broken palette, one palette that is MIA in CA, and three new tracking numbers. I have no idea how many packages are on their way, I'll have to see which number updates in the next few days.
Wow! sorry to hear you hare having so much trouble with your order. Hope everything gets fixed and you get your palette.

Originally Posted by Olivyah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have some of theBalm's brushes & are they worth buying?
I have the eye brushes (Eye Believe, Give Crease a Chance, and Crease, Love & Happiness) The Eye Believe brush I don't use as much, but the other two I love. Give Crease a Chance (duo fiber side of the brush) is great for blending eyeshadow out and I also use it with concealer. (I bought 2 of each brush.)

Originally Posted by luckycharms /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the eye brushes (Eye Believe, Give Crease a Chance, and Crease, Love & Happiness) The Eye Believe brush I don't use as much, but the other two I love. Give Crease a Chance (duo fiber side of the brush) is great for blending eyeshadow out and I also use it with concealer. (I bought 2 of each brush.)
Thanks a ton! Give Crease a Chance and Crease, Love & Happiness are actually the two I'm going for, and maybe the Blend a Hand.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is Christina the only CS rep at theBalm? That's the only name I see in this thread when it comes to dealing with cs. If so that has to suck for her.
I was wondering the same thing. If so, I can't begin to imagine how crazy it was for her at sale time!

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is Christina the only CS rep at theBalm? That's the only name I see in this thread when it comes to dealing with cs. If so that has to suck for her.
Usually it's her. But I also got emails from someone named Erin. 

Back