Tight lining

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tightline upper and lower lids daily, I ran it by my doc several years ago she said it's cool, but you just have to remove every night.

I think there are worse after effects for applying glitter products around the eyes. Which most of us do or have done. We get makeup fallout in our eyes almost everytime we apply,.... As long as youre not stabbing your eye with the liner brush and you wash it off like you would the rest of your makeup, you should be ok

I'm still so new to tightlining that it's still a huge pain and makes my eyes water like crazy!  I can get the waterline just fine and have heard of using eye shadow when waterlining.  I have used that method before, but never thought about doing the same on the tightlining.  So now I'm excited to try it out.  Thanks for the great tutorial and information.  It will come in handy!

I personally really dislike using eyeshadow on the water line.... it gets in my eyes WAY too much. It's always gel or pencil for me, usually gel cuz it spreads easy and sticks instead of bleeding.

Does anyone elses waterline sometimes tickle when they tightline?  haha  Some days I can barely do it because it tickles so bad and makes my eyes water

I'd think that the eye area is supposed to be sensitive so you know when there are particles that are going to irritate and perhaps damage the eye.

That is so funny that you are ticklish on your waterline! LOL  I'm not ticklish there, like I said before, it just makes my eyes water.  I think I would rather be ticklish than to have my eyes water.  The eyes watering only makes waterlining that much more difficult when the area is wet and now doesn't want to have the product stick onto the waterline.  I usually have to wait till my eyes quit watering so I can finish my eye makeup. 

my eyes get infected/irritated/burning when I tightline/put anything on my waterline?

I've tried all kinds of eyeliners...and now I'm convinced that tightlining it bad for my eyes! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(((

I have done this with pencil liner. and there is an easier way to line your upper part of eye without pulling or tugging on your eye. and its very easy to do. :)

Oh my goodness, I never even thought about lining my top waterline. It's almost 3AM... do I want to go try it before I wash my face? Decisions, decisions...

"Life is full of beauty, Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams." - Ashley Smith

My Latest Swatches

I've found that UD's 24/7 perversion is good for this. Especially if it's well sharpened ( because there is more exposed liner space). It's a smooth liner not stiff and hard to apply like many pencils. 

I love tightlining to make my eyelashes look more dens. My eyelashes are so sparse and wimpy. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It also looks really sexy when you use black eyeliner to line the bottom waterline... =)***

Back