Tight lining

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by firesign /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does it dry quickly or do ya have to worry about it smudging and getting into your eyes? I'm gonna have to try it also. Just hope I don't poke myself in the eye!!! I tried it. It was a little weird to put it on. My eyes felt funny. After I got them both done, I blinked and it put black on my lower eye area. I've never done it again. I didn't like it. It looks really nice on other people. It's too messy and weird feeling for me.

If there's any technique that has HG status in my book, it's tightlining. I don't know how I lived without it!

I can skimp on lippies, blush or even eyeshadow, but never tightlining. It just makes such a big difference.

Thanks for passing on the info.
smile.gif

Ohhhhhh.... so THAT'S what they call it!!! I do this all the time and now I have a name for it.

It's amazing what just a little, thin line of eyeliner does. Nice tutorial. Thanks!

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried it. It was a little weird to put it on. My eyes felt funny. After I got them both done, I blinked and it put black on my lower eye area. I've never done it again. I didn't like it. It looks really nice on other people. It's too messy and weird feeling for me. I've done exactly what you described, too -- frustrating to say the least.
I think the key is getting just the right consistency. You might have too much water in your mix. If you can achieve more of a paste consistency, it should work for you.

The great thing about makeup is that it washes off and you can keep trying!

I can't tight line if my life depended on it. My eyes just get to watery and blurry. I end up messing up the rest of my makeup....

I love doing this... especially when I am doing a smoky look and want my eyes to look really dark...

looks nice... I think I tried doing this a few times when I first got my eyeliner a few years ago.. it gives a nice result but it's bad for your skin to stretch at it like that every day and not to mention the liner getting in your eye and contaminating it...

I would stay away from this technique personally...

I could not live without tight lining! There are days whan all I do is tight line & curl my lashes...is is the best trick I have learned yet!!!

I use LM blue marine. BB gel liners work even better, but you have to be super careful if you wear contacts...as we all know, it will stay on forever.

Back