Tight lining

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanx for posting I love to do this somedays, it sure does make a difference.
I use a soft pigmented pencil like Lancome's , I feel I would totaly suck tryin to get up in there with a brush lol. Easier to take the pencil with for touch ups as well.

Word of advice - You dont necassarily have to pull up your eyelid like that (well maybe asian girls do I dont know) but I find its just as easy to lift my head up so Im like lookin down in the mirror. I can see the place I need to line like that and never have to tug at my lids
smile.gif

I do this too instead of tugging on my eyelids (and I'm asian too!). I love the look but I heard it's not very good for your eyes so I only do it on special occasions. I use a brush and stila smudge pot to apply it.

How do you go about removing 'tightliner?'

And would you recommend it for contacts lens wearers?

I wonder if it is advisabe for more "mature" women to do this? I'm in my early 40s now and that skin isn't all it used to be ; ) Do you think this is bad for the eyelid skin?

I tried this over the weekend. When I closed my eyes the liner transfered under my eye. It make a smeary mess. For those that do this with success, how do you stop transfer?

I felt weird too. I don't know if I like this lining method.

AHHHH I never knew what tightlining was but i was afraid to ask hahaha thankss for the info, now i know
smile.gif

I do this on my eyes, and I use a waterbase liner to make sure it causes no damage if it gets into my eyes.

i do this a lot when i go out at night but sometimes the e/s particles are a bit irritating but the results are quite dramatic

That really is a good tip...... and i love your set-by-step instructions! lol, it looks great!

This is awesome I have only recently started using eyeshadow as a liner and I thought it would be bad to put it on top so thanks a bunch.

I first heard about tight lining a few months ago and did a search to figure out what it was lol. There is a good video tut on youtube
smile.gif
I do it every now and then, I find its not easy for me to do so..

Back