Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@lioness90

It's available, the site's been glitching so sometimes it'll let you add it and sometimes it won't.
Ahhhh....I saw the "add to cart" button for a second then it disappeared. Maybe that's a sign lol

I am interested in the fact that I'm getting to be a hoarder with makeup and want it all, but I think I have colors already similar to this palette and will be skipping it. The whole chocolate thing seems gimmicky.

[@]viccckyhoang[/@] [@]Dots[/@] Can I please please see some swatches when you guys get your palettes? I'm really on the fence about this, I need another palette like a hole in the head, but it's just so durn pretty!

@viccckyhoang
@Dots

Can I please please see some swatches when you guys get your palettes? I'm really on the fence about this, I need another palette like a hole in the head, but it's just so durn pretty!

yesss! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my tracking isn't updating tho :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@viccckyhoang
@Dots

Can I please please see some swatches when you guys get your palettes? I'm really on the fence about this, I need another palette like a hole in the head, but it's just so durn pretty!
I just received mine in my Sephora order, and not only is it pretty, it smells fantastic! (I don't think I should lick them, though - however tempting that may be!)

Both Muse and Temptalia reviewed and posted swatches of the palette. You can drool over them here:

Musings of a Muse: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/11/faced-chocolate-bar-eye-palette-review-swatches.html

Temptalia: http://www.temptalia.com/too-faced-chocolate-bar-eye-palette-review-photos-swatches

Enjoy!

@TwirlyGirly

Ugh! Mine. Dammit!
LOL! You'll love it.

Just remember - NO licking!

Quote: Originally Posted by TwirlyGirly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL! You'll love it.

Just remember - NO licking!
I volunteer to taste the eyeshadows to see if their cocoa flavor shines through. XDD

Well my eyeshadow palette came and it's not looking too good. 1) Whoever packaged my box just didn't give a fuuu - didn't check off the items (which means NO samples; even no sign of the code I used). Heck, they didn't even write who was it packed by -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 2) Opened the actual box of the palette and I see loose powder on the outside package of the palette (YIKES!!) 3) Opened the palette and found the shade 'Milk Chocolate' pan NOT glued in the package. Not even a sign of glue on the pan or in the socket where it belongs. Not a big problem because I can glue it in myself. Then we have champagne truffle ready to fall out of the socket soon. 4) Then last but not least, my palette was swatched! Can easily be seen in the shades Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, and Cherry Cordial + a little bit on Marzipan. Then there's tiny pin like holes on Amaretto. I will email Sephora and post the photos when I get the chance. I just need to tag them before posting it anywhere.

Well my eyeshadow palette came and it's not looking too good. 1) Whoever packaged my box just didn't give a fuuu - didn't check off the items (which means NO samples; even no sign of the code I used). Heck, they didn't even write who was it packed by -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 2) Opened the actual box of the palette and I see loose powder on the outside package of the palette (YIKES!!) 3) Opened the palette and found the shade 'Milk Chocolate' pan NOT glued in the package. Not even a sign of glue on the pan or in the socket where it belongs. Not a big problem because I can glue it in myself. Then we have champagne truffle ready to fall out of the socket soon. 4) Then last but not least, my palette was swatched! Can easily be seen in the shades Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, and Cherry Cordial + a little bit on Marzipan. Then there's tiny pin like holes on Amaretto. I will email Sephora and post the photos when I get the chance. I just need to tag them before posting it anywhere.
Oh noes! That's the same way my naked palette looked when it came, like someone had already been playing with it. What is with qa and these companies lately? Yeah you need to shoot off an email to Sephora asap or call them tomorrow. I still can't believe about the pans though, that seems more a Too Faced issue than Sephora.

Oh noes! That's the same way my naked palette looked when it came, like someone had already been playing with it. What is with qa and these companies lately? Yeah you need to shoot off an email to Sephora asap or call them tomorrow. I still can't believe about the pans though, that seems more a Too Faced issue than Sephora.
Definitely partial Sephora & Too Faced; can't post pics at the moment cause my lil niece is using my laptop :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> she's gonna take forever since she's watching a movie! I usually don't complain but I will this time since everything is messed up.

Yes, it looks like a chocolate in appearance. I like chocolate!
icon_confused.gif

I have a couple Sephora boxes and a tarte box I need to open but have not yet, thought I would wait till the weekend, but @viccckyhoang your story is making me nervous to check mine.

I'm not in any position to guarantee that...
If you read the ingredients list, the shadows do have real cocoa ("Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder" - which is the INCI name for "cocoa powder") in them!

I guess the geeky part of me is impressed they used the "real deal" as opposed to an artificial chocolate fragrance in the formula (but STILL - NO LICKING!).

The Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzers (both shades) contain cocoa powder as well, but also list "Flavor (aroma)" in their list of ingredients. I wonder why they felt they needed to use an artificial fragrance in addition to the cocoa powder in the bronzers, but not in the shadows? H-m-m-m.

F.Y.I. (more geekiness): Cocoa powder (the UNSWEETENED stuff used in baking) can be used as a bronzer, if the color suits your skintone!

Back