Ugly Mineral Sites...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a LOT of good companies out there with less-than-lovely sites. Cory, Fyrinnae, Mineral Pure Makeup - I love everything I've tried from them, but if I had judged by their websites, I would have gone elsewhere.

Then there are lovely websites like Erth, and I didn't like their MMU at all!

I've noticed it too! It put me off initially because it can seem a bit unprofessional, but if the product is good and I've heard rave reviews, that's a different thing. The quality is more important to me than the size of the company/beauty of the packaging.
smile.gif

Same here. I'd love to have great products with an awesome website, but if I can't have that, I'd rather have great products with so-so sites than a really impressive site with crappy products.

Most of the sites are about the same. A few are better designed than others. As long as I can navigate and get some idea of the color being offered and it not be a complete shock when I receive it I'm happy provided the quality is up to par.

I think it's a personal choice. If the product are great i don't mind the look of the site. But yes, ugly sites that aren't informative enough for me can drive me away.

I think the design website isnt important to me as long as I can navigate it. Lure beauty is so confusing and messy. dreamworld is kinda confusing too. I like how the pictures of buffd are taken. They're very clear and accurate to me.

I like a website which is easy to navigate. I'm a big fan of lumiere's website but my fav is EDM because you can drag items to your cart and see exactly what you have ordered. I would like to order items from DW because of it's fab reviews but just don't like the site.

I like how Fyrinnae shows a photo of the product on skin both wet and dry. In the case of the Arcane Magic shadows, that change color, they show several photos. I know from personal experience that with complex or multidimensional shadows it's hard to get a true to life picture but I greatly appreciate it when a site actually tries. There is also a lady on YouTube who does video swatches of Archetype pigments, moving her hand around so you can see the depth of color. I wish more companies would do something like that.

The only site I've found that appeals to me colorwise is Archetype, it's all black, grey and dark purple. But I try not to base my ordering on the site colors and graphics as long as the site is well set up and not a pain in the butt to order from. Aromaleigh for example has a really painful bright fuschia color scheme but they have some of my all time favorite eyeshadows that I couldn't do without
smile.gif

I don't mind the design of sites too much, as long as I can find what I'm looking for and the information is laid out nicely. I heard Meow MMUs were good, but their site just looks so unpolished that I decided to try out a different brand instead
tongue.gif

I've visited the Meow Cosmetics, About Face (The She Space), and Taylor Made Minerals sites. it seems that their products are great, but the sites are so hard to navigate! (hey that rhymes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) on Meow I need to scroll a lot, and with TMM I need to press the Back button if I want to go back to the main menu with all the eyeshadow color categories. and when ordering from About Face, instead of clicking the item and selecting to buy it, they have you go to a little Paypal box and type in the name of the product you want. if you want to buy a lot of things this is annoying :

It's a big turn off to me if a site looks disorganized, words misspelled, etc. and if a site looks 'cheap' I am leery of ordering. I know a lot of companies are small and just beginning but if they can't showcase their products properly, that's an unfortunate business error imo.

I do give the benefit of the doubt but I am very very suspicious if it looks like a teenager is running it out of their garage after school, you know??

I really get turned off with ugly websites. I dont want to name names. Haha, but when I see a MMU site that does not look decent, I rarely purchase.

I love EDM's website, Monave, Lumiere's

Joppa's site and Earthen Glow's site iis not so good looking, but because there are tons of raviews (rave reviews) I try and purchase from them

Originally Posted by Ca_blonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's a big turn off to me if a site looks disorganized, words misspelled, etc. and if a site looks 'cheap' I am leery of ordering. I know a lot of companies are small and just beginning but if they can't showcase their products properly, that's an unfortunate business error imo.
I do give the benefit of the doubt but I am very very suspicious if it looks like a teenager is running it out of their garage after school, you know??

LOL... I actually love products from mineral sites that aren't looking too professional.. TSS is quite awesome IMO and fyrinnae is great. I'm ordering from Dreamworld Minerals, although their turnaround time is longer, but the owner's response is super fast, so that does make up for it. The she sapce has changed their layout, so it's quite classic looking.. I haven't tried Cory, but their pictures are so fuzzy, so I'll see. The only few that I know with "professional" looks are: Aromaleigh and Everyday Minerals. (I personally think AL's samples are quite pricey at regular price.)

My favorite is Fyrinnae, you can naviguate easily, you see the products wet and dry on the skin, the description is always exact, you know exactly the weigth (not like FaceFront who say they sold 5gr product, but no it's IRL 1.9-2 grammes of powder (!)). For me, Fyrinnae is the best one. You really see what's you buy.

But if a product is good, the CS is nice and pro (not like Archetype), I don't care if the site is ugly or beautiful
wink.gif

I just wish Fyrinnae would just change their background so it's not black. Black background + white text is really straining on the eyes... especially if you spend a lot of time browsing
biggrin.gif

I find some sites so difficult to navigate not to mention those that are simplistically unattractive. I have actually been unable to purchase from Taylormade's website for hours. Perhaps it was me but it was all so confusing.

Websites that I love the look of are

Fyrinnae's- and the quality of the makeup is great too.

Earthen Glow minerals - and the quality of the makeup is to be loved too.

Everyday minerals- though I don't care for the quality of their makeup

Lumiere - I don't care for the foundations but the eye shadows are quite good with primer.

Sites that I found confusing to navigate -

Barefaced Minerals

Monave

Cory

Meow

Sites that I find unattractive but would be willing to purchase

Silk Naturals - the reviews and popularity lured me to this website but my overall experience with the foundation was not favorable. The lip gloss that I purchased was good but the other products were not to my liking.

Aromaleigh - the foundation thus far is not at all to my liking but the eye shadows are good though pricier than those with equivalent or better quality.

Back