Ugly Mineral Sites...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like dreamworld minerals has updated, might be worth another look!
I agree that badly made sites turn me off, its just harder to find things and get the information I need before making a purchase.

Originally Posted by fihe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've visited the Meow Cosmetics, About Face (The She Space), and Taylor Made Minerals sites. it seems that their products are great, but the sites are so hard to navigate! (hey that rhymes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) on Meow I need to scroll a lot, and with TMM I need to press the Back button if I want to go back to the main menu with all the eyeshadow color categories. and when ordering from About Face, instead of clicking the item and selecting to buy it, they have you go to a little Paypal box and type in the name of the product you want. if you want to buy a lot of things this is annoying : haha since I wrote this, the Meow and TMM sites have changed so that they are easier to navigate. a site that I've found lately that at first I had a lot of trouble with is Earthen Glow Minerals. the various foundation colors are shown on a picture and it took me FOREVER to realize I just needed to click on them to select a size and add it to my cart. silly me.

Totally. If the site is ugly, I won't buy from there. I mean, the internet is the only way they have to sell their product. If they can't be motivated to market themselves attractively in their only way of presenting themselves to customers, then I can't imagine their eyeshadow quality is good.

Yes, color descriptions are also a must.

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are a LOT of good companies out there with less-than-lovely sites. Cory, Fyrinnae, Mineral Pure Makeup - I love everything I've tried from them, but if I had judged by their websites, I would have gone elsewhere.Then there are lovely websites like Erth, and I didn't like their MMU at all!

I think Fyrinnaes site is pretty good looking. But I hate the new Everyday Minerals site. Very off putting to me, as I used to love their first site. I`m not ranting about new company sites normally, as they are mostly upgrading for the better. But EDM did not, and that is disturbing to me
whistling.gif

^ agreed. The new site is so hard for me to navigate, I can't find anything and get frustrated, and then don't order what I went there for. I do like their brushes but will go somewhere else to not deal with the website.

Site design is really important not only looks, but easy navigation. If I have to click 5 times just to get to products to add to the cart...I run out of patience!

About colors/swatches. Sometimes it depends on your monitor. Like it might look like a perfect match to the person uploading the image, on THEIR PC! Case in point: look up some images of MAC shades or Revlon or whatever. You'll see a variance even amongst the big boy sites like Sephora, Ulta, and drug stores.

Best option is to look at the image, read the description, order samples. If the company doesnt have it categorized in your shade zone (like warm, neutral, cool) you could probably e-mail them and ask about the unertones
smile.gif

Back