Urban Decay - Book of Shadows - Holiday Sept 08

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like that! I just need to make sure there aren't too many dupes from UD palettes I already. If not, then onto my Christmas wishlist it goes.
biggrin.gif

I got my book of Shadows and am so in love. It's so so nice. Not as many dupes as I thought. I'll have to post pictures later.

those colors are really really nice, the only one that doesn't appeal to me is the goddess as well. I would LOVE to have this!!1

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ugh, I want it. But all their shadow boxes tend to carry a lot of the same shades. :/
Thanks Ash.

Its only three in this palette thats in a previous palette...

I was about to order this yesterday but I ended up getting a different set. I didnt know the thing slides out! Oh no, now I want it. Boo!

I love UD e/s, just not the super glittery shades. I already have a vault I filled up though, but this is tempting me anyway!

Originally Posted by vesna /img/forum/go_quote.gif That looks so cute. I have way more eyeshadows than I could ever use as it is but that palette looks gorgeous. I want it! I somehow think you could find a use for all the shades at some point.
smile.gif
You can never have too many shades! EVER!

Ooooooh that is actually incredible! I didn't think they could top the deluxe shadow box from last year (I ADORE that) but I think they might just have.

*Pops it onto Xmas wishlist*
wink.gif

I got this a couple of weeks ago. I love all the different shades, i've never had that many to pick from before.

I also never realised how much primer makes a difference to the intensity of eye shadow colour. Loving the purple shade
smile.gif

I got this and I was so excited when I opened it, the colors are so pretty! BUT.....I am torn about if I want to keep it- I really don't go anywhere that requires me to wear glittery shades and I am not sure I can make the colors work for me. I am heartbroken because I really wanted to treat myself! It may just be my inability to do combos. I love UD E/S but I feel the shimmery accents my 30something eyes too much...lol

I am truly loving my Book of Shadows. I've had it for several weeks and have yet to use the same color twice! While the glittery ones can be a pita (i've yet to try to dampening the brush in eyedrops trick) the colors are gorgeous and last all day with the primer potion.

Originally Posted by Panda816 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got this and I was so excited when I opened it, the colors are so pretty! BUT.....I am torn about if I want to keep it- I really don't go anywhere that requires me to wear glittery shades and I am not sure I can make the colors work for me. I am heartbroken because I really wanted to treat myself! It may just be my inability to do combos. I love UD E/S but I feel the shimmery accents my 30something eyes too much...lol I know how you feel! I go thru that with e/s also. Especially UD because they tend to be very high shimmer and glittery. But, I love UD quality and pigmentation so I bought it anyway! There are really only 3 shades in this palette that are super glittery. I also had this same discussion with a MAC MA a while back and she said it's all in what you're comfortable with, but also...if I just use the shimmery shades on my lid or browbone and keep them out of my crease (I use a matte or very slight shimmer shade for that) then it really doesn't look bad. If I use a shimmery color in the inner corners of my lid it actually makes my eyes pop more! You just have to experiment and see what works for you.

Latest posts

Back