Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UD does have slower shipping, it's a smaller company and doesn't have the manpower of say Sephora's warehouse. There's probably only a few people and with the sale and closing they're probably a little back logged. If you selected UPS it might be further delayed bc of the storm, even though it doesn't snow in Florida the package will still go through the hub in Louisville and there are going to be a lot of canceled flights.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the only company I personally have encountered that has taken so long to ship (at least 5 days, including today) during a sale.
Try ordering from bareescentuals.com during a sale sometime. It makes Urban Decay look like FedEx!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know how you feel! I really want to get my hands on the pallet asap. This is the second time I've ordered the Glinda pallet. The first time Ulta made a mistake and it took me a couple days to get my money back. Now Urban Decay is being slow on shipping. So by the time I finally receive my Glinda it will be almost a month since I first ordered it. Trying very hard to be patient!
Oh no!  That is so sad!  Well I hope you get yours soon, you deserve it after been patient for so long.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UD does have slower shipping, it's a smaller company and doesn't have the manpower of say Sephora's warehouse. There's probably only a few people and with the sale and closing they're probably a little back logged. If you selected UPS it might be further delayed bc of the storm, even though it doesn't snow in Florida the package will still go through the hub in Louisville and there are going to be a lot of canceled flights.
I took all of that in to consideration too, but at the same time even though they don't have the man power of Sephora they also don't have as high sales either so I feel like it kind of balances out.  The snow I would totally 100% understand if that plays a factor in delaying the item, but I just can't even contemplate that yet since it hasn't even had a chance to experience the snow LOL.

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try ordering from bareescentuals.com during a sale sometime. It makes Urban Decay look like FedEx!
icon_eek.gif
I order from BE pretty regularly, their shipping I think is slower than other companies (not taking this long to ship though).  However since I order from BE somewhat often I know what to expect.  With Urban Decay I have ordered from them several times (including during previous friends and family sales) and have not experienced such a delay on shipping before.  Ultimately though even if there are other companies out there that might be worse than UD I still don't think at least 6 days to ship is good customer service.

So, even though there may be a few potential reasons for the delay in shipping, who wouldn't be disappointed if their item hadn't even shipped on the 6th day after they ordered it?

So I just tried the Glinda look - and I LOVE IT! It's sooo pretty. & I'm amazed I actually got it to look okay! 

I got both palletes today and just going to say WOW! The glinda is my favorite I love the lip color and everything and then theodora is good top not a "must have" I think but it was very pretty.

I've been loving these palettes, but I saw the movie today and TOTALLY understood the color inspirations, which I didn't see before. The Glinda colors are all from her costume, which is cool. I do wish that they would have put a burgundy red in the Theodora palette (her beginning outfit, which I love!), but I can see why they didn't.

just out of curiosity, does anyone have any "looks" with the palette they can post? I can never decide if i like a product until I see some looks people have put together with it!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just out of curiosity, does anyone have any "looks" with the palette they can post? I can never decide if i like a product until I see some looks people have put together with it!
Cora from Vintage or Tacky did some beautiful ones!  

I finally received my Glinda pallet.  It took a while to be shipped so the novelty had kind of worn off by the time it arrived, however, so far I really like it.  I haven't used it much yet, but now that I have it at home it looks even better than it does in the store and online.  I really like all of the colors except just 1 which I bought a single UD eye shadow to switch it out with.  

I have been using the lip color and sadly it is just not a flattering shade for me.  I expected this when I ordered it so I'm not disappointed about that.

I am happy to finally have this awesome pallet!

My boyfriend's mom put Theodora in an Easter basket that she made me! So sweet. But I already have them both so I'm not sure what to do with the other? I feel bad returning it since I don't have a receipt or anything.

My boyfriend's mom put Theodora in an Easter basket that she made me! So sweet. But I already have them both so I'm not sure what to do with the other? I feel bad returning it since I don't have a receipt or anything.
Sell it online lol.. that was sweet of her.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you still have the receipt from your original palette?  Just use that one!

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since you have the other one you could always exchange it for something else at Sephora or ULTA if you have the receipt for the original one you bought. I don't consider it as scamming the company since you did buy it and it's like returning something you bought - new and unused. Now if you were to return the used one and keep the new one then that'd be different. I'd exchange it for eyeliners but that's just me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If anything you could sell it online.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since you have the other one you could always exchange it for something else at Sephora or ULTA if you have the receipt for the original one you bought. I don't consider it as scamming the company since you did buy it and it's like returning something you bought - new and unused. Now if you were to return the used one and keep the new one then that'd be different. I'd exchange it for eyeliners but that's just me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If anything you could sell it online.
you would exchange it for some eyeliners! P

I have a feeling I am completely alone in this thought, but is there anyone here who is not loving the Glinda pallet? I just haven't been able to get in to it. I thought I would love the color South and the gold and silver duo but there is just too much glitter fall out for me. It's like experimenting with midnight cowboy all over again. I'm not in to the purple, so after that there's only a few shades left that I use. In addition, the lip color is very unflattering on me and pretty much looks light brown-beige on me. In swatches I saw before ordering this it kinda had a pinkish tone to it, but it just doesn't look like that on me. It's sad since it appears as though everyone adores their Glinda pallet but it seems as though mine will end up sitting in a drawer for years.

I have a feeling I am completely alone in this thought, but is there anyone here who is not loving the Glinda pallet? I just haven't been able to get in to it. I thought I would love the color South and the gold and silver duo but there is just too much glitter fall out for me. It's like experimenting with midnight cowboy all over again. I'm not in to the purple, so after that there's only a few shades left that I use. In addition, the lip color is very unflattering on me and pretty much looks light brown-beige on me. In swatches I saw before ordering this it kinda had a pinkish tone to it, but it just doesn't look like that on me. It's sad since it appears as though everyone adores their Glinda pallet but it seems as though mine will end up sitting in a drawer for years.
While I am loving the palette, I really haven't used the gold or silver shades. They do require a little extra work, with fallout. Besides, that's a lot of eye bling for daytime lol. I think they'd be great for a night out, though, and will try to layer them over a cream shadow.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not been reaching for it as much as I thought I would, but I do think that once my skin inevitably darkens a bit in summer I will use it more. I began to 'do' my eyes before my face; no more fallout, and I can pick out my blush and lips colors according to my eye look.  Where did you purchase it from?  

Back