Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Glinda palette so much more than my Theodora palette...although, I say that and I've only ever used the glinda maybe....5 times...MAX. the theodora? Once. I'm terrible

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the Glinda palette so much more than my Theodora palette...although, I say that and I've only ever used the glinda maybe....5 times...MAX. the theodora? Once. I'm terrible
 I want to buy the Theodora as soon as I have some money and by that I mean as soon as I have a job -.-'

I have a feeling I am completely alone in this thought, but is there anyone here who is not loving the Glinda pallet? I just haven't been able to get in to it. I thought I would love the color South and the gold and silver duo but there is just too much glitter fall out for me. It's like experimenting with midnight cowboy all over again. I'm not in to the purple, so after that there's only a few shades left that I use. In addition, the lip color is very unflattering on me and pretty much looks light brown-beige on me. In swatches I saw before ordering this it kinda had a pinkish tone to it, but it just doesn't look like that on me. It's sad since it appears as though everyone adores their Glinda pallet but it seems as though mine will end up sitting in a drawer for years.
I've used my Glinda palette maybe twice. I agree that South and Oz have too much fall out - I avoid those shades but I haven't tried them wet yet. I love all of the other colors despite the fact that I don't really use them often lol I've used my Theodora palette more - especially the browns. Beware was my go-to wear-to-work eye shadow for a week or so and I love the Theodora lip pencil, except the fact that I have to sharpen it. I haven't touched the black in Spell or Jealous because those colors don't look good on me at all.

While I agree that Oz has too much fallout, I didn't think South had much fallout. The only shade I will not be using is Oz. My go to shadow from the palette has been Illusion, it's just the perfect spring color. Even though the Glinda pencil could have used a bit more color as it looks nude on my lips, I still like it. It's a decent day color for me. Overall, I think Glinda was a great addition to my makeup collection.

I could never spend that much on eyeshadow! I took a long time for me to be willing to spend that much on foundation which is something I wear daily! I wear eyeshadow quite a bit, but I'm cheap when it comes to that because I always put foundation under it, so even cheap stuff stays on well.

Lol. Well its not the staying I have an issue with, its color payoff. I prefer it when I only have to touch the brush to the surface to color my whole eyelid. The naked palettes are $50 each, the oz palettes are less than that(not by much, but still ;p. )

Meh. To me it's not worth it. I can't ever see myself spending that much on anything other than foundation, which like I said, I use everyday. It just seems ridiculous to me. And even though I'm a nail polish addict, I never spend more than around $8 on my polishes, and often spend much less.

I've used the Glinda palette a few times since I bought it. I haven't used the Theodora palette even once! I am thinking about returning it or selling it, but I do like the packaging a lot. I just don't wear a lot of browns and greens. I am more of a pink/purple person. 

I was so excited about my glinda palette but I just can't handle the glitter fallout. I like shimmer more than glitter chunks everywhere. I've used it a couple of times where as I've used my naked 2 palette every flipping day. Lol

I must be weird cuz I LOVEEEE the chunky glitter and I've never had it get all over the rest of my face.

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not been reaching for it as much as I thought I would, but I do think that once my skin inevitably darkens a bit in summer I will use it more. I began to 'do' my eyes before my face; no more fallout, and I can pick out my blush and lips colors according to my eye look.  Where did you purchase it from?  
I purchased it from the Urban Decay website during the friends and family sale.  Honestly, if I had got it from a physical store I probably would return it; but it's not worth the hassle of sending it back to Urban Decay.  I also apply my eye makeup before all my other makeup for fall out purposes, however (especially with the color South) chunks of glitter have fallen on to my cheeks during the day.  I always use an eye primer and pack the color on so I don't know what I could do to make it better.  I haven't had a lot of glitter fall out, probably between 3-5 pieces per day, but they get stuck on my face and just look silly.

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was so excited about my glinda palette but I just can't handle the glitter fallout. I like shimmer more than glitter chunks everywhere.
I agree 100% percent.  I wanted to love this pallet, but I just don't.

I sentenced myself to use the Glinda pallet every day for 2 weeks to see if I can get in to it; I am on my second week and although it's OK I just don't find myself liking it very much.  I feel like there must be something wrong with me since so many people really love this pallet.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I purchased it from the Urban Decay website during the friends and family sale.  Honestly, if I had got it from a physical store I probably would return it; but it's not worth the hassle of sending it back to Urban Decay.  I also apply my eye makeup before all my other makeup for fall out purposes, however (especially with the color South) chunks of glitter have fallen on to my cheeks during the day.  I always use an eye primer and pack the color on so I don't know what I could do to make it better.
When all else fails, try foiling chunky glitter shadows. I do it by dampening my brush with water and then dipping in the shadow. I started this with my beloved BE, but it should work with pressed shadows too.

Sephora used to sell a truly awesome brush for glitter shadows; it was a paddle shaped rubbery thing that kept even the worst glitterbombs from falling. For some reason they stopped making it. 

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When all else fails, try foiling chunky glitter shadows. I do it by dampening my brush with water and then dipping in the shadow. I started this with my beloved BE, but it should work with pressed shadows too.

Sephora used to sell a truly awesome brush for glitter shadows; it was a paddle shaped rubbery thing that kept even the worst glitterbombs from falling. For some reason they stopped making it. 
Yep, I wet my brush when I apply glittery (and powdery) shadows and it helps a lot. It even enhances the color a bit IMO.

Just got my Glinda palette, was wondering if theres anything I can do for the shadows that don't click in properly? I like to travel with my shadows but I don't want to take a chance with this palette if everything isn't 100% secure you know?

Just got my Glinda palette, was wondering if theres anything I can do for the shadows that don't click in properly? I like to travel with my shadows but I don't want to take a chance with this palette if everything isn't 100% secure you know?
The same thing happened with my Theodora palette, I just pop them in and twist a little so that part of the tab is stuck under the plastic

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The same thing happened with my Theodora palette, I just pop them in and twist a little so that part of the tab is stuck under the plastic
Thanks, I'll try that!

I am SO in love with the Glinda palette... I think if I could only have two palettes of eye shadows it would be this one and Naked 2.  I'm seriously

considering buying a 2nd Glinda so that I have a spare when I hit pan on this one.... I wear a lot of purples and pinks, and love the silver in the

Glinda with these shades.

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am SO in love with the Glinda palette... I think if I could only have two palettes of eye shadows it would be this one and Naked 2.  I'm seriously

considering buying a 2nd Glinda so that I have a spare when I hit pan on this one.... I wear a lot of purples and pinks, and love the silver in the

Glinda with these shades.
I am in need of some inspiration-- what are some looks you can suggest with Miss Glinda?

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am in need of some inspiration-- what are some looks you can suggest with Miss Glinda?
Here's what I've been doing when I'm wearing a purple and black or pink outfit... I put aura (both colors, I just drag my brush down the middle) along my brow bone and inside corners, some of the (pink) magic over the lid, followed by south (silver) along the outer half of the upper lid, and finally (plum) tornado in the outer corner v of both upper and lower lid.  I love the combo it gives of pink, purple and silver.... let me know how you like it if you try it out.
biggrin.gif

Back