Vaseline: anti aging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My skin would probably have a freak out... I have used it on my lips and to take off eye-make up before, but I dont think I could put it all over my face..

ok , I've finally decided , I'm going to try it for 2 weeks , if I don't break out I'll keep on doing it . I started last night and as of this morning my skin looks good , not as creased as usual from the pillow case and when I washed off the vaseline my face didnt feel as dry as it usually does after washing. Will let you know how rest of experiment goes.

i used dove soap and vaseline on my face until i was 35 and then my skin went haywire! for some reason (probably hormones) my skin type changed and i had to drastically change my regime. but, now i'm 48 and still don't have a wrinkle so maybe there's something to it! maybe it's a bit of both, luck and good genes!

im almost convinced to start slathering it on.if it works for you katrosier im gonna do it since we have the same skin dry acne prone skin. im using dove and its just amazing.

OK day 2 : my skin looks great!!! its all soft and glowey! Still no break outs. Flakey dry patch has disappeared and make up goes on smoother on eyelids

oh I forgot to mention , seeing as we dont have vaseline here in france I use pure petroleum jelly. It comes in a tube (labeled vaseline lol) and its more like Gel than the vaseline texture so its easy to spread on and doesnt feel as sticky.. I dont know if that makes any difference with the "anti aging" properties but it sure does make using it easier.

BTW if anyone wants to know why a 23 year old has suddenly become obsessed with slowing down time ...its because I found a white hair smack in the middle of my bangs!!!!!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one going prematurely gray!
bowl2.gif

This is a really interesting thread. I think im gonna start trying it tonight and see what happens. Maybe for two weeks too. Keep me posted Katrosier on how the vas is working

ps: I take it you wear it during the day too? How does your make up stay on?

Lorraine

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK day 2 : my skin looks great!!! its all soft and glowey! Still no break outs. Flakey dry patch has disappeared and make up goes on smoother on eyelids
oh I forgot to mention , seeing as we dont have vaseline here in france I use pure petroleum jelly. It comes in a tube (labeled vaseline lol) and its more like Gel than the vaseline texture so its easy to spread on and doesnt feel as sticky.. I dont know if that makes any difference with the "anti aging" properties but it sure does make using it easier.

BTW if anyone wants to know why a 23 year old has suddenly become obsessed with slowing down time ...its because I found a white hair smack in the middle of my bangs!!!!!!!

bowl2.gif

Don't fret about the word Vaseline, it's just the copyrighted name of Johnson & Johnsons 100% petroleum jelly. You can buy the generic version everywhere, even the $$ store.
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by barbiedalchow /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is a really interesting thread. I think im gonna start trying it tonight and see what happens. Maybe for two weeks too. Keep me posted Katrosier on how the vas is workingps: I take it you wear it during the day too? How does your make up stay on?

Lorraine

I only wear it on my eyelids as a base during the day , actually I wear it even if Im not wearing eye make up , but its only because my eyelids get really dry and flakey . I think I might start wearing it during the day once it gets cold to protect my skin from the icy wind of the south of france lol well let you know how it goes

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't fret about the word Vaseline, it's just the copyrighted name of Johnson & Johnsons 100% petroleum jelly. You can buy the generic version everywhere, even the $$ store.
rotfl.gif
no no I want fretting or worrying at all ! I just thought it was funny that my tube says pure vaseline rather than 100% pure petroleum jelly.

this thread is soooo interesting!

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Tyra Banks announced on her show that Vaseline is her beauty secret, along with the Aveeno cleansing bar. i was dying to hear it, but i had to leave for work! thanks so much!

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok , I've finally decided , I'm going to try it for 2 weeks , if I don't break out I'll keep on doing it . I started last night and as of this morning my skin looks good , not as creased as usual from the pillow case and when I washed off the vaseline my face didnt feel as dry as it usually does after washing. Will let you know how rest of experiment goes. Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK day 2 : my skin looks great!!! its all soft and glowey! Still no break outs. Flakey dry patch has disappeared and make up goes on smoother on eyelids cool! keep us posted! i'm sooo tempted to try this, too...

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK day 2 : my skin looks great!!! its all soft and glowey! Still no break outs. Flakey dry patch has disappeared and make up goes on smoother on eyelids

bowl2.gif

ALL RIGHT ILL DO IT! tell me what to do. do i slather it on during the day or night only? do they make vaseline gel? im 23 youre 23 we have the same skin type and we both found grey hairs. you WIN im slathering my face with it tonight.

Actually I have been using vaseline as a moisturizer every night for about 2 months and also use Dove Beauty Bar. My skin has yet to break-out (unless it is that time of the month) and so far no flakes and no peeling. I also have dry skin though so I have more success with ointments than lotions. BUT in the morning I use aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to keep my skin soft but not greasy like vaseline.

People always ask me why my skin looks so glowy and fresh and I always feel weird telling them my routine... Im 100% positive it is the vaseline that made the difference.

I prefer aquaphor to vaseline - it for some reason goes on smoother.

I think the reason is that vaseline protects your skin from the environment -it's a barrier - so it may help your skin get back to normal without interference from the outside... it really doesn't sink in or do anything to your skin. For that you'll need an actual cream.

I think I'm going to try this. In the winter, I usually end up using Nivea cream all over at night, but Vaseline might be a good replacement. I love those all-purpose kinds of products! Thanks for sharing, btw. I think Target should be expecting me tonight!

ok. i did it. i slathered a layer on. im not going anywhere untill way later so it has time to sink in. i also have my hair in curlers im lookin cute

Inspired by what someone said about Tyra Banks... and I went searching for Vaselina and Tyra Banks on youtube.com... and look
wink.gif
thought I would share it...

YouTube - Tyra Banks Goes Insane

It's interesting though, this thread, because I have been using it for a while now and I think this is one of the best kept secrets, the cheapest one I know certainly... I use it on all of my body actually.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard of Vaseline on other body parts, but never the face. It's not something I would do personally. Ditto....................my girlfriend used Vaseline on her face until a makeup assistant told her it is just cleaned up petroleum (sp?) That sounded gross to me so I don't use it. Opps, I put it on my lips every night before I go to bed.

Originally Posted by Babette Pardoux /img/forum/go_quote.gif Inspired by what someone said about Tyra Banks... and I went searching for Vaselina and Tyra Banks on youtube.com... and look
wink.gif
thought I would share it...
YouTube - Tyra Banks Goes Insane

Thanks for the link. She reminded me of Oprah ("you get a car" moment)
laughing.gif

You can find many older Black women with gorgeous, wrinkle free skin. If you ask them what they use, many of them will say Vaseline. I've tried it and it does nothing for my skin, but I know it works for some. I hope you have success with it.

Actually, In my country, they use vaseline all over and the chicks there have gorgeous skin. Shit I used to use vaseline before I came here as an all over moisturizer then when I got here the change of weather/environment, freaked me skin out.

Back