Vaseline: anti aging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update 3: Still no break outs , skin still looks glowy. I've been using it on my neck too seeing as sweater season is coming up and my neck gets scratchy under all the wool turtlenecks. Also , I dont know if this has anything to do with the vaseline but my eyelashes arent falling out like they usually do around this time of year ...maybe it conditions lashes too? I dont know .

PS. I don't put it on like mask because as someone here said it doesnt really sink in I just put enough on to "create a barrier".

my update: normally in the morning i wake up with a greasey forehead nose and chin. i also just put just enough on to create a barrier and this morning i woke up with LESS grease than i usually do.

i have a friend who slathers herself in crisco in the can every night. arms, legs, the whole works. she has gorgeous skin, but i don't know if i could do this.

i'll be watching this thread to see how everyone is progressing with the vaseline!

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif update 3: Still no break outs , skin still looks glowy. I've been using it on my neck too seeing as sweater season is coming up and my neck gets scratchy under all the wool turtlenecks. Also , I dont know if this has anything to do with the vaseline but my eyelashes arent falling out like they usually do around this time of year ...maybe it conditions lashes too? I dont know .
PS. I don't put it on like mask because as someone here said it doesnt really sink in I just put enough on to "create a barrier".

about the eyelashes-im not really sure who what when where why or how but i recall hearing that vaseline makes eyelashes grow so if its true that could be why they are not falling out. i have mine on my face now. so far nothing what i expected to happen has happened infact the opposit has happened

another weird update-my forehead, nose, and chin are the oiliest parts of my face. in theory my cheeks which are super dry should suck up the vasaline and my tzone should repel it right? well my tzone was the first to absorbe it and my cheeks are still dewy. this is an extreamly intersting experiment

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif about the eyelashes-im not really sure who what when where why or how but i recall hearing that vaseline makes eyelashes grow so if its true that could be why they are not falling out. i have mine on my face now. so far nothing what i expected to happen has happened infact the opposit has happened I don't know about making them grow but atleast they arent falling out , I burned the tips of my eyelashes about a year ago and they still havent grown back , the ones on the right are visibly shorter than on the left , a lot more sparse too. I think it probably conditions them or coats them so when I put my mascara on it comes off easier without pulling out any lashes??

What were you expecting btw? I thought I'd have huuge zits all over the place by now.

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know about making them grow but atleast they arent falling out , I burned the tips of my eyelashes about a year ago and they still havent grown back , the ones on the right are visibly shorter than on the left , a lot more sparse too. I think it probably conditions them or coats them so when I put my mascara on it comes off easier without pulling out any lashes??
What were you expecting btw? I thought I'd have huuge zits all over the place by now.

thats what i was expecting. that and like..grease dripping from my pores. Vaseline Intensive Care i investigated it and on the site it CLEARLY says it prevents dry lines/wrinkles and does not clog pores.

Originally Posted by Princess6828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ewww...i couldn't personally put vaseline on my face. that would be slimy and gross imho actually its not bad! thats what i expected. i cant feel it. like if i put my finger on my face yea i FEEL it but its not heavy on my face or anything. try it one night!

I use the Dove Bar for cleansing with no problem. I only use Vaseline for my lips and eyes though. But I have heard of many older AA women using it, so I can't knock it, but just not my cup of tea right now.

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have a friend who slathers herself in crisco in the can every night. arms, legs, the whole works. she has gorgeous skin, but i don't know if i could do this.
i'll be watching this thread to see how everyone is progressing with the vaseline!

Isn't Crisco extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray?

Originally Posted by goddess13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Isn't Crisco is extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray? youre thinking of pam. crisco is manmade lard i believe

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif My cousin who is 16 and her mom use vaseline on their faces every night. They have been doing this for years and they both have great skin. Now my question is .. if you're a teen or even older and you smother your face in vaseline every night ..wouldn't you break out in zits? Also her mom ( my aunt) is 40 something and doesnt have a single wrinkle , at first I thought she was just lucky but her sisters who are younger have wrinkles . Are my cousin and aunt just lucky? or is Vaseline a solution for all skin problems? Hi,
Personally, I think people just get lucky with it. I know that if I used Vaseline as a night-time moisturizer, my pore would be so clogged.
icon9.gif

As a child, my mother would place this on my face during the winter months before sending me off to school or out to play.
icon7.gif
21.gif

Crisco shortening is made of vegetable oil but I wouldt put it on my face ..dunno why just dont like the idea.

BTW if you have eczema avoid putting vaseline on it when its red and itchy , if you don't have a break out you can use it to moisturize otherwise it gets really itchy . I put honey and olive oil on my eczema and it really calms the flare ups.

3x a week or so i use pore strips to clean out my pores and get rid of my never ending supply of black heads and clogged pores. ive been using the dove and vaseline for...what a week now give or take. normally i pull out TONS of crap from my pores and theyre usually long and thick. the first time i used the pore strips i pulled out the same amount of crap but it was thinner.i have the pore strips on my face right now drying.im typeing more updates while it dries. so far my skin has become SO soft, my dry patches are gone, my oily parts are no longer even what id call oily any more, my eyelashes appear to be getting thicker no new pimples have formed, the ones i had seem to be shrinking by the day, i had a few red patches on my cheeks that are no longer there. there has to be something to this it cant be a random act of god. the pore strip from my forehead has contained less crap than ormal and it is short and thin.my nose same way less and short and thin and nothing came out of my chin.

yaaaaaaaaaaay bejb1011! We should totally repackage it and sell it as a miracle cure for skin ! lol

Back