Vaseline: anti aging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard that Vaseline is great for dry skin, but when I used it on my oil-slick face I broke out so bad it looked like I had hives.

Ok, I'm starting the Vaseline Challenge tonight. I'll do my best to post updates. I'm starting off with a good exfoliation (it's time!).

Update: Scaly patch has not reappeared . Face still smooth and glowy . Skin feels super soft . Discolored dry patch on neck is slowly fading. Eyelashes still not falling out.

I really do hope this continues to work for me .. so far its great !

update: husband who doesnt notice anything has noticed i look "differnt"figured out it wasnt my hair it wasnt my make up altohgouh he discovered my milani haul, and when i told him my plan he said im out of my mind rolled over then rolled back over 5 min later and said "your skin cleared up make mine clear up" so i slathered some on his face
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 80sPRODUCT /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry bej; I dont know how to quote.... pathetic! I am most deffinetely going to give the vaseline challenge a go. Like I mentioned in a previous post; I'm so desperate right now. I just want to be able to look in the mirror and see a face that is acne free and maybe even be able to feel as if I can step foot out of the house without a full face of makeup on. HEAVEN. Enough rambling tho; I'm pretty excited about this vaseline, so far everything is good. Its the end of the day now and my skin isnt at all greasy and ive had the vaseline on it all day. In a few minutes i'm going to exfoliate and apply some more. Bej; no, I'm not using the Dove beauty bar, as a matter a fact i've never heard of it before. Is it somthing you would reccomend to me? Currently i'm using an exfoliating cleanser and clinique toner; and I was up until this morning using a moisterizer. Thankyou for your nice PM, I wasnt able to reply because you apparently need 50 posts. I havent even hit 10 yet! I really appretiate your post and the PM tho; I love it here... everyone is sooo nice and friendly! hit the quote button
wink.gif
id definantly eccomend dove soap. its bar soap. im using the sensitive skin version but the regular is also good

WOW bejb1011, thats awesome!!!

i hope your husband is lucky enough to get teh same great results you are experiencing

just wanted to say that i started the dove/vaseline thing too and so far its working really great
icon_confused.gif
. my cheeks are always red and irritated and now after three days on vaseline they feel and look a lot better. yay. i hope it keeps delivering. good luck to all of u who r using it too
vogel.gif

I noticed this morning that I didn't need to do as many steps in my morning skincaer routine. I felt like I didn't even need to use the extra moisturizing stuff I usually put on my pink, dry, irritated cheeks. After I scrubbed my face last night, it felt a little raw. The Vaseline tingled slightly when I applied it, but felt like it was soothing my face. I put it on pretty late and didn't get much sleep, so I wasn't expecting much. I'm pleasantly surprised w/the way my face feels.

last night i fell asleep and didnt get to put my vaseline on my face
frown.gif
and i felt the effects today! my skins kinda dry and it just doesnt glow as much as it did before. jeff still sleeping but he looks cute as ever cant update on his skin

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone else noticed any effects on their eyelashes? i dont think it has done anything for my lashes however my eyebrows now seem shiny and thicker (in a good way). im even tempted to put it on my hair since its been acting craaaaaaaaaaaazy lately but i wont cuz i wont be able to get it out til christmas
laughing.gif
btw here's what i found: "Wash your face thoroughly and, while still wet, rub in a small dab of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Keep wetting face until the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is spread evenly and does not appear greasy. Health spas use this secret treatment." source

i wish you ladies the best of luck with the vaseline. i only use jojoba oil on my skin and it has made a world of difference in my skin. i use it to clean my skin, the oil cleansing method, and to moisturize my skin. i will also smooth it through my hair before bed.

over the summer when my girlfriend was tanning, she burned really bad once and i made her oil her face 2-3 times a day. she didn't peel ever and her skin just glowed.

i mix jojoba oil half and half with castor oil, i feel it cleans my skin better. my eyelashes are thicker and my eyebrows which were non-existent are now visable!

that is what has worked for me. i hope that the vaseline works for you ladies!

I was wondering the same thing. I was just at the local whole foods store, and saw jojoba oil and was tempted to purchase it, but I wasn't sure what to do with it! I have dry skin,especially in the winter. So you can cleanse, moisturize...all with the jojoba oil?

the oil cleansing method is very very simple - you use oil to clean and moisturize your skin instead of soap.

what i do is pour a small puddle of jojoba oil into the palm of my hand and smooth over my face, working it into my skin including my eyes and eye lashes. not so much that it drips off of my face but enough that i have a good layer on my skin. the oil breaks up any makeup, including eye makeup and mascara and doesn't irritate my eyes.

then i take a wet washcloth as hot as i can stand it and lay over my face, almost like i am steaming it. i do this a few times and then start to massage the oil off of my face while rinsing the washcloth in warm water to remove as much oil as i can. this removes all traces of makeup and dirt that may have been on my face.

after i am good and clean, i pour a very tiny amount into my hand and smooth over my face, paying extra attention to my eye area. it soaks in after a few minutes. i do this every night.

in the morning, i just clean my face with water, nothing else.

that's it!

i wanted to add that i am 37 and i have some lines around my eyes and some sun damage, but that's it. no major lines on my face and i credit the jojoba.

Wow thanks I will need to try that, as I just turned 27 and have way more lines around my eyes than I should
frown.gif
Being dry and very fair, and too much smiling, lol. I am unsure of the difference in using the jojoba oil vs castor oil but I think I may start a new thread about it to find out more.

Back to this thread, my mom always tells me to apply vaseline when I complain that no matter wha I use or how much I spend, my eye area is crepey and dry. I always apply it to my lips before bed, and once in a while apply to my eye area. I may try the entire face now!

sounds good but .. are there any other oils I can use? living in a small french town means I cant necessarily find everything I want
frown.gif

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif sounds good but .. are there any other oils I can use? living in a small french town means I cant necessarily find everything I want
frown.gif
Extra virgin olive oil, i usually use it as a night moisturiser. Some members on here use it as a cleanser too!
Bio oil is also meant to be good, i brought some today so ill let you know how my skin goes with that in a few weeks.

Back