Wantable Intimates Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, my first month's box looks like stuff I'd put in the Gioodwill donation box. A bright yellow cami ( OSFA), some hideous maroon SHEER leggings ( yeah, so on trend, and did I mention that they are footless),

a thong that would fit a 10 year old ( size XS) and I specified NO thongs, and a " soft bra" that I swear is one of the new generation of nursing bras!!!!

I told them how awful I think it all is and why and how big bosomed ladies don't want to wear ugly bras with no lace or anything, just a crossover slip on bra that is a nursing bra, IMO.

So they didn't really respond except to say the thong was a mistake ( the entire box was a mistake) and send out their return label.

Their curation and QC is gone. I remember when they started. Very nice small company. Now, I think they must have sold to someone else. I cannot  believe that with all the problems I read about with the accessory and the Intimates lines, they are starting a Fitness line. You clean up what you have first, then you add to it.

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've gotten excellent boxes. I did put my toe through a pair of socks but they replaced them. I did get something's ng in the wrong size once but they sent a replacement item and told me to gift the other item.

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've gotten excellent boxes. I did put my toe through a pair of socks but they replaced them. I did get something's ng in the wrong size once but they sent a replacement item and told me to gift the other item.
It's really a bummer when the first month with a new sub is a total " bust". LOL. I sent my entire Wantables Intimates box back to them and I had quite a lot of constructive ideas for them as far as the DD-E cups and larger go in tops. 

The main thing is something I didn't say- I didn't get what was on my packing slip. I was supposed to get what looked like some very pretty and nice things. I wear a regular Medium size in bottoms- that's no problem at all, ever. I was really worried that they would think I had swapped out items, but since everything has a tag, they will be able to tell that it's their merchandise.. Also, that the sizes are so " OFF", there's no way a person could have that range in her lingerie armoire.

IDK whether they will send out a replacement or just credit me. I'd much rather have replacement items.

I think I'll hint for hubby to go to Soma Intimates this weekend. They have some gorgeous bras in the larger size ranges.  I might do some Internet shopping for their newest collections first. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Takes the sting out of the Wantables being so bad and being sent back, too.

I ordered both the intimates box and the makeup box when the August boxes became available.  I already got my makeup box but nothing on my intimates box at all.  I emailed them to ask where my box was and they told me that they were "waiting for more items to come in that match my preferences".  They said I could cancel and get a refund or wait.  I returned last month's box so I am looking forward to a better box this month so I said I would wait - but how long is the wait?  I asked and they have not replied yet.  Sigh.  My makeup box this month wasn't that great (last month was amazing).... I do think something is going on with them and I may just stop my subscriptions after this month.  Still trying to decide.

I ordered both the intimates box and the makeup box when the August boxes became available.  I already got my makeup box but nothing on my intimates box at all.  I emailed them to ask where my box was and they told me that they were "waiting for more items to come in that match my preferences".  They said I could cancel and get a refund or wait.  I returned last month's box so I am looking forward to a better box this month so I said I would wait - but how long is the wait?  I asked and they have not replied yet.  Sigh.  My makeup box this month wasn't that great (last month was amazing).... I do think something is going on with them and I may just stop my subscriptions after this month.  Still trying to decide.
So do you have to keep all (or return all) the makeup items or can you do partial returns like the intimate box?

GirlyGirlie- They will credit your account, but you can go back online and just order an "additional" August box and they will send you out a new one... Just go through the quiz and then at the end there should be a little button to click to do so. I have done this before :). Also though, I would e-mail if that ever happens again where you get items that were not on your packing slip or were the incorrect size. They have ALWAYS sent me the correct items and generally have not asked me to return the wrong ones. This is why I stick around even though some boxes are a miss. Their customer service is great and I love being able to return. Side note as well- they have sent me "wrong" sizes before on purpose because an item runs small or big so I try to try things on before I complain (I have gotten legitimately wrong sizes as well though). 

At one point I got an email from them that there were delays getting some items for my box and I said I'd wait. It took about a week I think and because of the delay, they gave me a credit. I think $10?

So do you have to keep all (or return all) the makeup items or can you do partial returns like the intimate box?
I'm not sure, as I've only returned an entire intimates box before.  Personally I'm keeping the makeup box... while it wasn't as great as last month, I will use all the items in the box.  The eyeshadow I got was crumbled on the top, but it wasn't bad and the rest is holding up good, so no big deal.  

It's really a bummer when the first month with a new sub is a total " bust". LOL. I sent my entire Wantables Intimates box back to them and I had quite a lot of constructive ideas for them as far as the DD-E cups and larger go in tops. 

The main thing is something I didn't say- I didn't get what was on my packing slip. I was supposed to get what looked like some very pretty and nice things. I wear a regular Medium size in bottoms- that's no problem at all, ever. I was really worried that they would think I had swapped out items, but since everything has a tag, they will be able to tell that it's their merchandise.. Also, that the sizes are so " OFF", there's no way a person could have that range in her lingerie armoire.

IDK whether they will send out a replacement or just credit me. I'd much rather have replacement items.

I think I'll hint for hubby to go to Soma Intimates this weekend. They have some gorgeous bras in the larger size ranges.  I might do some Internet shopping for their newest collections first. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Takes the sting out of the Wantables being so bad and being sent back, too.
I admit I didn't even go.there with bras. I'm a 34DD so those soft sports bras etc never fit. So anything like that is in my dislike

I admit I didn't even go.there with bras. I'm a 34DD so those soft sports bras etc never fit. So anything like that is in my dislike
Ditto! Same size as you too! It's hard enough for me to find a proper fitting and supportive bra as it is... I just know those soft bras would NOT keep the girls in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto! Same size as you too! It's hard enough for me to find a proper fitting and supportive bra as it is... I just know those soft bras would NOT keep the girls in place.
OMG, I never actually WORE a nursing bra but I've seen them, and if they are as uncomfortable as the thing Wantables sent out, whew. I'm a 32-34 DD/E ( depends on brand and style) and all this thing did was bind up my whole chest like I had broken ribs way up high. Lots worse than the last sports bra I squeezed into from  LuLuLemon. ( that's saying a lot).

Wantables may have good intentions but unless the intention is for nothing to either match or fit ( either one would have probably made the box a keeper for me) --- well, no longer going to try with them. I know how nice they are from the makeup they used to sell in collections that you picked out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything else has fit pretty well. I just avoid the bras when I need bras I pretty much go through Decent Exposures because they can essentially custom make them not pretty but functional. And no sales lady insisting I can't possibly be a 34DD/E

I love Wantable!  So far I've received 2 make-up boxes and 4 of the intimates boxes.  I tailor my loves, likes, and dislikes to whatever I want to receive in that particular box and change it each time.  I received an intimates box today that I couldn't be more thrilled with!  I received a pair of black cable leggings that I'm planning to wear tucked into my favorite boots this fall.  I also received a pair of dark eggplant purple leggings and a deep blue tank and a black tank.  I'm saving the tanks for layering with this fall.  In my previous boxes I've received cute pajama sets, a tee shirt, some cute socks, a pretty lilac Coobie cami, some nice undies, etc.  

I try to be as specific as possible in the survey as to what I would like to see in my box, and accurate with my sizes.  For the box I received today I had bright colors as a dislike, and only liked leggings, tanks, and camisoles, so I received exactly what I wanted.

I always have soft bras as a dislike so I won't receive them.  Soft bras generally don't offer much support, and I prefer underwire bras.  Most of the soft bras I've seen in online Wantable reviews and on You Tube are plain bras that look like sport bras, and I prefer fancy bras (Walcaol), that's another reason I have them as a dislike.

Out of the 2 make-up boxes that I received I received just 1 product that I won't use, and it was a lipstick that was too bright for me.  

I also love Wantable... but have probably had a few more issues with the Intimates Box than I have had with Make-Up or Accessories lately. I somewhat attribute this to the quiz being less detailed and not fully accounting for some of their newer products (why can't you choose Fun & Flirty or Pretty & Polished by category like the make-up quiz where you can choose classic or trendy based on the type of make-up?!). I also am a bit unsure what they qualify as "Fun & Flirty" versus "Pretty & Polished" in regards to lounge wear- I personally really want some cute, fun pjs or true lounge wear and feel as though I have been getting nothing but what I would consider sexy lingerie which to me is NOT lounge wear, or conducive to everyday use. Don't get me wrong- I would love to get an item like that every so often, but not as my highest value item every month. I wish it was easier to specify between lounge wear and lingerie on the quiz. I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking for a bit of assistance in regards to filling out the quiz (maybe I should only like "Pretty & Polished"). I also asked about whether they have discussed or considered updating the quiz. Will keep you all posted on the response!

Got a response already- they really do have great CS. They explained that every "sexy lingerie" type item has been considered "Fun & Flirty" but that pjs and other lounge wear could fall under either F&F or P&P categories. She also mentioned that there are changes to the quiz in the works and that they have discussed including more categories and the ability to further personalize. She recommends setting F&F to dislike if you want to ensure you do not get any lingerie until they change things up in the future.

I was pleased with the response in regards to the friendliness and timeliness. However, I am slightly sad that in order to avoid the lingerie (which they seem to have oodles of) I can't get ANYTHING F&F in any category... I might need to skip the intimates box for a few months. I also wish we had a better idea of how long into the "future" we are talking.

What types of items are people getting that only put P&P as a preference? Just basics (i.e. solid colored basic camis, etc.)?

Got a response already- they really do have great CS. They explained that every "sexy lingerie" type item has been considered "Fun & Flirty" but that pjs and other lounge wear could fall under either F&F or P&P categories. She also mentioned that there are changes to the quiz in the works and that they have discussed including more categories and the ability to further personalize. She recommends setting F&F to dislike if you want to ensure you do not get any lingerie until they change things up in the future.

I was pleased with the response in regards to the friendliness and timeliness. However, I am slightly sad that in order to avoid the lingerie (which they seem to have oodles of) I can't get ANYTHING F&F in any category... I might need to skip the intimates box for a few months. I also wish we had a better idea of how long into the "future" we are talking.

What types of items are people getting that only put P&P as a preference? Just basics (i.e. solid colored basic camis, etc.)?
That's what I hope to get in each box the basics, solids, layering tanks and other tops/lounge wear, so I updated my preferences to reflect loving P&P and disliking F&F since I got a ridiculous lingerie piece last month. 

I'm curious about your experience with the makeup box. Is it set up the same way as the intimate box, where you can make partial returns?

I'm curious about your experience with the makeup box. Is it set up the same way as the intimate box, where you can make partial returns?
I have REALLY been liking the makeup box the past few months. I think they have added much higher quality brands recently and I also seem to be getting more 5 product boxes which I like. They also have been doing more eye shadow duo, trio, quads which makes me happy because I hate getting one lone color.

The quiz is much more detailed, so for instance I can say I only like neutral colored eyeliner (brown, black, grey) but I like trendy lipstick colors, etc. You also can specify the medium of each product, so you don't have to just blanket like all blush- you can say you only like pressed powder, loose powder, or cream blush. Many more options to dislike a particular form of something that you don't want. 

It works the same way- so you can do either a partial or full return! They also have sent me the incorrect product and were quick to send out the correct one (without requiring me to send the wrong back). 

I have REALLY been liking the makeup box the past few months. I think they have added much higher quality brands recently and I also seem to be getting more 5 product boxes which I like. They also have been doing more eye shadow duo, trio, quads which makes me happy because I hate getting one lone color.

The quiz is much more detailed, so for instance I can say I only like neutral colored eyeliner (brown, black, grey) but I like trendy lipstick colors, etc. You also can specify the medium of each product, so you don't have to just blanket like all blush- you can say you only like pressed powder, loose powder, or cream blush. Many more options to dislike a particular form of something that you don't want. 

It works the same way- so you can do either a partial or full return! They also have sent me the incorrect product and were quick to send out the correct one (without requiring me to send the wrong back). 
Thank you for all the info.  Very helpful!

Just wanted to say that Wantable's CS has been great. Wasn't happy with my Intimates box last month but couldn't initiate return because it wasn't showing up as delivered (???) I contacted them, and they fixed it and initiated the return process. Got my money back very quickly. Tried the Accessories box but didn't like what I got, so sent that back and already got my money back. Decided to change my settings and try another Accessories box this month, got it today, and liked it much better! (Apparently, choosing gold instead of silver was the ticket this month!) I actually was expecting the Intimates box today instead based on the shipment e-mail they sent. I e-mailed them about it, and they responded almost immediately, saying they'd sent out the wrong shipment e-mail and that my Intimates box was on its way. So their return policy plus CS makes me want to stay with them as a customer.

Back