Wantable - new quarterly subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ladies!

I can't tell you how much we're enjoying getting your feedback through this thread, good and bad! We loved the unboxing video as well- we are hoping for a bunch more!

Just to clarify on some of your questions, here's an update on what we're planning for the log in and desktop site in the near future:

Originally we thought it would be easier for you guys to sign up using Facebook, but after we realized some people would prefer not to use their FB login, we started working on a strictly wantable.co login. It's almost ready!

As for our desktop site, you are right in thinking it will be ready around September. We originally began with a mobile site to make it easy to get to us on the go, and will be developing a desktop site as well. We have already started on it and are very excited! 

And, we ALWAYS ship within 24 hours, as we want to get your product to you ASAP! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope this helps with your questions- and please feel free to ask us directly if you have any others as well!

The wantable.co Team

I wouldn't sign up with a company that is app-only. I think the website has replaced the storefront in the way we do business. It's the same reaction people had 10 or 15 years ago with online retailers vs real storefronts

Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really should be stopping buying stuff, not signing up for more , but after seeing the YT video, I decided to try it out.  I opted for a different box than the one the girl in the video did, but they all look amazing.  So much of commerce these days is mobile based and signing up with Facebook Connect is the industry standard, so I'm not sure why there is concern about these aspects.

I think they ship within a day or two.  Hope it's as good as I think it will be! 

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't sign up with a company that is app-only. I think the website has replaced the storefront in the way we do business. It's the same reaction people had 10 or 15 years ago with online retailers vs real storefronts
I see your point, but maybe the app/mobile site is the new website, like online retailers became the new storefronts? Mobile shopping is picking up fast! I just read this interesting article on Slate the other day suggesting designers should build for mobile/tablet first: http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/08/web_design_for_tablets_forget_the_desktop_smartphone_and_tablet_sites_should_come_first_.html

I agree with other users on Facebook, though. I prefer to keep my retail habits separate from my personal identity on Facebook, so I'm careful not to allow certain apps or use any Facebook-only shopping sites like Sneakpeeq, for example. But for people who are less private or like to share their shopping habits with friends, I can see how logging in through Facebook is easy and attractive, so I think it's smart for companies to make that an option. I am interested in this subscription and will check it out further once there's a non-Facebook account option.

To me it's more of an accessibility issue, if you don't use fb you can't buy the product. This alienates millions of potential subscribers who don't use fb.

I ordered a box! I'll post pics when it gets here!

oh- and i noticed that you can click on create an account and it gives you the option to sign in with face book on top but under that they have the form for you to create an account without using facebook. So you don't need facebook to sign up anymore! 

btw- i went through the products for every profile before i ordered and it was SO hard to decide which one i wanted!!!

The profiles were: Boho, Trendsetter, Glamour Girl, Rock Rebel, and Classic (i'm sure not the exact names) and they show exactly what you're going to get and a 2-3 different color choices for each of those so there were a LOT of different choices. And by color choices I mean like the Glamour Girl box had the Lorac Baked eyeshadow trios (which are $26!) You could choose 3 different boxes within that profile, with 3 different color versions of the trio. You can pick what you know looks good with your skin tones, or if like me, you have a lot of neutral brown tones you can choose to get a different color that you've been wanting to try. I think that's the coolest part! 

each profile had at least one product that you would only get with that profile style. For example- boho had tarte cheek stains, glamour girl had the lorac trios, classic has bobbie brown lipsticks, and i think trendsetter has stila smudge proof eyeliners. I can't remember what exactly the other one had off hand (i did this Tuesday). 

Btw- i am under the impression that this is all new makeup for the season we are in and not crap colors that they can't sell so they pass them off on sub boxes (cough cough, orange lippies) Oh also i emailed them with some questions and this is what they said:

Our shipping policy when we're "in season" (I'll explain later) is to get every order out within 24 hours except for Saturday and Sunday.  Those orders ship the following Monday.  We're able to do this mainly because we own and operate our own warehouse.  Some companies rely on a 3rd party shipping company (usually called a 3PL) and it is not feasible to ship orders daily.

We have two seasons for our model; we're currently  "in season" for Fall, this means the product is on our shelves and the manufactures have given us permission to sell, occasionally a manufacture has a "release date" and we can't ship prior to that time. In a few weeks we'll be talking about our Winter season, since we will not have product we will allow customers to view style types and read about the packs, shortly after when the packs are finalized customers can pre-order but their card will not be charged until the order ships.  Once we go "in season" for Winter all orders will ship and new customers can place orders and have them ship within 24 hours.

Today we only ship domestically, not Canada. We've received a lot of inquiries from Canadian customers so I'm sure we'll be opening that up in a few months. 

wantable.co is not an auto-ship subscription business.  Customers have to place an order each time they want a shipment.  Since we save profile shipping and payment information it is pretty easy for repeat customers to place future orders.

The goal is to have the desktop site live by September 15th, it's going to be close but we're aiming for that date.

I"m so interested to see what you get! I think I might like this company, but I'm still hesitant...post pics when you get yours!

I caved. Here's what you get depending on the profile you pick.

Glamour

Starry Eyed Baked Eyeshadow - Lorac

Slinky Liner - Myface cosmetics

Cheek color/cheek candy - Paula Dorf & Verhoeven

Light up lip gloss - Beauty For Real

Perfect Pencil - Beauty For Real

Lil' bling nail polish - myface cosmetics

Classic

Eye Color Glimmer - Paula Dorf

Blingtone Eyeshadow - Myface

Cheek candy - Verhoeven

Marquis Lipstick - Bobbi Brown

Light up lip gloss - for real

Lil' Blingtone Nail Polish - myface

Trendsetter

Duo Eyeshadow - myface

Smudge Proof Eyeliner - Stila

Cheek color/Cheek candy - Dorf & Verhoeven

Perfect Pencil - For real

Light up lip gloss - for real

Lil' bling nail polish - my face

Boho

Eye Color Glimmer - Dorf

Cheek Stain - Tarte

Highlight stick - Verhoeeven

Mascara - For Real

Light up lip gloss - For Real

Lil' Blingtone Polish - For Real

Rock Rebel

Glide on Eye Pencil - Urban Decay

Slinky Liner - Myface

Cheek color/Cheek candy - Dorf & Verhoeven

Light up gloss - for real

perfect pencil - for real

lil' blingtone Polish - myface

So, it looks like you pick one main item & the others are fillers of Verhoeven, Myface, Paula Dorf & Beauty For Real. My profile was rock rebel but I ended up going w/ glamour instead. I really wanted the tarte cheek stain but that was the only thing I really liked in that one. It appears that you have 2-3 colors to choose from each profile. They all come with a spray perfume too

My profile gave me Glamour, which I liked more so than the others..but I couldn't resist and scrolled through all the options lol. I'm still debating this one, but am leaning more and more towards it lol..I do like the options you get for each profile and the fact that you're getting a complete look/products to use.

So I was really curious about this quarterly and had it bookmarked on my phone for a week or so. Well, I totally caved and ordered the Rock Rebel box in Purple Shift. Excited to see the contents and colors... Not excited for my credit card bill -_____-

not the best pic, but i have to go to work and i wanted to share quick! I ordered Tuesday and got it today!! WoHoo! I especially am impressed by the bill. It had my profile options and my profile picture printed on it. It gave me the retail prices of each item ($137 not including the perfume) and a little breakdown of each item and how to use it! I will post more pics and do a review on you tube tomorrow. the Paula Dorf eye shadow is really smooth and you can tell it's high quality. Really excited about the VerHoeven highlight stick. The perfume kind of smells like something my mom (or grandma) would wear, but that's what i thought about Oscar de la renta's live in love and after a few days I loved it, so we'll see. The beauty for real items (light up mascara and light up lip gloss) honestly i don't care for the packaging. I'm never going to use the lights. Like, who puts on mascara in the dark?

My first quick look impression: love it. worth it. can't wait to see what the winter season brings! i think i made a good choice and it is stuff that i will like and use. bill was informative. packaging looked nice. everything was in it's original retail box and even the tarte cheek stain is shrink sealed. 

only con: beauty for real items. some people might really like them, but for me i don't think i'll have a need for the lights and the packaging doesn't feel as nice or come off as expensive as the rest of the items. Even my husband laughed and said they seem gimmicky. That being said I haven't even opened them, swatched them, or tried them out yet. So i might feel differently in a day or a week. 

More to come! 

Edited: PS: Even if the 2 beauty for real light up items are something i'll never use the box was still TOTALLY worth it for $40!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

not the best pic, but i have to go to work and i wanted to share quick! I ordered Tuesday and got it today!! WoHoo! I especially am impressed by the bill. It had my profile options and my profile picture printed on it. It gave me the retail prices of each item ($137 not including the perfume) and a little breakdown of each item and how to use it! I will post more pics and do a review on you tube tomorrow. the Paula Dorf eye shadow is really smooth and you can tell it's high quality. Really excited about the VerHoeven highlight stick. The perfume kind of smells like something my mom (or grandma) would wear, but that's what i thought about Oscar de la renta's live in love and after a few days I loved it, so we'll see. The beauty for real items (light up mascara and light up lip gloss) honestly i don't care for the packaging. I'm never going to use the lights. Like, who puts on mascara in the dark?

My first quick look impression: love it. worth it. can't wait to see what the winter season brings! i think i made a good choice and it is stuff that i will like and use. bill was informative. packaging looked nice. everything was in it's original retail box and even the tarte cheek stain is shrink sealed. 

only con: beauty for real items. some people might really like them, but for me i don't think i'll have a need for the lights and the packaging doesn't feel as nice or come off as expensive as the rest of the items. Even my husband laughed and said they seem gimmicky. That being said I haven't even opened them, swatched them, or tried them out yet. So i might feel differently in a day or a week. 

More to come! 

Edited: PS: Even if the 2 beauty for real light up items are something i'll never use the box was still TOTALLY worth it for $40!
Looks awesome! What color option did you go w/ on the boho?

Hey Ladies!

Thanks Mandy for the post!

We're looking into using a bunch of different brands, but we wanted to see which ones you guys thought were your favorite! Some of our staffers weren't familiar with Paula Dorf and Verehoven, but once they tried the highlighting stick, they really loved it!

Our makeup artist and buyer are stationed in New York, and they pick the products they think work the best to create each "look," but we're open to your suggestions! We definitely always use colors that are in season and make sure we are co-coordinating with our brands to match their release dates. 

Also, we're happy to say you can now log-in without using Facebook!

We love the posts, send your questions our way too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine already shipped! Thats impressive, I just ordered it late last night.

Stila & tarte are favs of mine. I like myface too. Who doesn't like urban deacay or lorac? I'm liking the brands so far.

I received mine today.  I did the Glamour one and I LOVE it.  As for the light-up lip gloss, I won't use the light probably but the color and formula is great.  I'm not crazy about the nail color and I don't use lip pencils, so these will be going up for trade,with the perfume,  but I love love love the liner, blush, eyeshadow, gloss.  

I think they really thought this one out.  Love the fact that they give you a return label (even though I won't be using it!), love the fast shipment and the great customer service on this blog so far and love that they include instructions as a follow up in the box.

This seems like a cool sub. Especially to actually get all makeup!! I was able to sign up w/o facebook.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback! We're currently working on our full size desktop site, and getting started on our brand new winter boxes!

Any brands you liked or didn't like? We really are loving the light up lipglosses- they actually have good color, aren't sticky and they smell great! 

Keep it coming- we love hearing from you!!

The wantable.co Team!

My wantable box:

It came packaged much more nicely than this, but I was so excited to see with what was in my box. I pretty much just took the quiz and stuck to the profile chosen for me- Trendsetter. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the products (although not a fan of the perfume sample/the way it smells rather). Everything else is fantastic. 

Originally Posted by Wantableco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback! We're currently working on our full size desktop site, and getting started on our brand new winter boxes!

Any brands you liked or didn't like? We really are loving the light up lipglosses- they actually have good color, aren't sticky and they smell great! 

Keep it coming- we love hearing from you!!

The wantable.co Team!
Please let us know when your site is accessible by computer.  Thank you!

Back