Wantable - new quarterly subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was hesitant to post because I don't want people to think I'm a negative Nelly, but I was shocked at how cheap (as in quality) the jewelry is for the price they charge.

Has anyone with a wantable.co makeup subscription looked @ the web site today?

For the March box, they are showing something called the March Pop box, put together by Robert Jones.  The items look great, but it's not clear to me how this works for subscribers.  Do we have the option of buying the pre-set box or getting a "customized" box? I emailed customer service ... but wondering if anyone here has any idea.

FWIW, the pre-set box looks gorgeous (although green eyeshadow isn't my thing, personally) ... I cannot get over the value of wantable.co.  Based on retail prices, the pre-set box has $90 worth of products.

Also, now that wantable is a monthly sub, can the title of the thread be changed?

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone with a wantable.co makeup subscription looked @ the web site today?

For the March box, they are showing something called the March Pop box, put together by Robert Jones.  The items look great, but it's not clear to me how this works for subscribers.  Do we have the option of buying the pre-set box or getting a "customized" box? I emailed customer service ... but wondering if anyone here has any idea.

FWIW, the pre-set box looks gorgeous (although green eyeshadow isn't my thing, personally) ... I cannot get over the value of wantable.co.  Based on retail prices, the pre-set box has $90 worth of products.

Also, now that wantable is a monthly sub, can the title of the thread be changed?
They said on Facebook that subscribers will be receiving an email to choose whether they want the Pop Box or regular customized box. 

Originally Posted by Inscape /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They said on Facebook that subscribers will be receiving an email to choose whether they want the Pop Box or regular customized box. 
Thanks -- now the problem is deciding whether to go with a known set of products, or let wantable surprise me!

I ordered my March box and it's already out for shipping!  I didn't go with the special box, as a lot of the items looked similar to what I received in the February box. 

I'm so excited to be getting the Robert Jones box, I peeked at the products and I love everything. So perfect for spring, I think.

I can't decide which to get- the Jones one does look perfect for Spring but the blush is similar to what I got in Feb from them.

I LOVED the Pop Box! It was even better than I had expected from the photos and descriptions they had online.
Everything came in a nice black velvet bag, love this collection. I've got full photos on my blog, but here is the whole box and a close up of the Cailyn gel liner. It is amazing.

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone received a March Jewelry box yet? I hope mine is better this month
I cancelled immediately after sending my box back last month. Please post pics when you get your box, if you can. I'd love to see photos of what they sent this month. Good luck - I hope you get awesome stuff!

Hey guys!

First, thanks as always for the feedback - we're still tweaking the jewelry model to get it right. Can you post pictures of what you liked and didn't like? That would help us a ton! 
smile.gif

Also, I just wanted to share a review of the March Pop Box! Has anyone heard of Robert Jones before? Are you guys fans?

http://www.subscriptionboxtalk.com/2013/03/wantable-beauty-box-review-pop-box-from.html

lastly... we've been having some huge contests on our facebook page (last week we gave away a Prada hangbag!) so if you want to keep an eye on it, we might have another coming up soon ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JaclynO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys!

First, thanks as always for the feedback - we're still tweaking the jewelry model to get it right. Can you post pictures of what you liked and didn't like? That would help us a ton! 
smile.gif

Also, I just wanted to share a review of the March Pop Box! Has anyone heard of Robert Jones before? Are you guys fans?

http://www.subscriptionboxtalk.com/2013/03/wantable-beauty-box-review-pop-box-from.html

lastly... we've been having some huge contests on our facebook page (last week we gave away a Prada hangbag!) so if you want to keep an eye on it, we might have another coming up soon ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
And this is the reason why Wantable is the best beauty sub out there. Customer service is by far the best in the business and you can honestly see how much they care about their customers. If someones not happy they go above and beyond to fix things. Well that reason and of course the amazing boxes of awesomeness they send out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey guys!

smile.gif

I appreciate you asking for feedback on the jewelry. To be frank, I was so disappointed with the jewelry I received I didn't bother to photograph it. 
frown.gif

The pieces were not my style (no big deal, so that wasn't the issue), it was the quality of the workmanship. The jewelry felt very poorly (eek - cheaply) manufactured. The "gold" felt like plastic, you could see lines where the fake fold spray paint ended on the plastic (that's what it looked like), the o rings weren't even fully clasped/closed on the bracelets. The jewelry felt cheap, light, and looked tacky (sorry!).

I received a bracelet with a ginormous rhinestone bow on it (think hello kitty on steroids - the bow covered my entire wrist), three silver bangles (these are the ones you could see the "spray paint" line), another bracelet with 3 little gold rings on the front (this is the one with the o rings not fully closed), and a huge stretchy ring (just really ugly to me). I also thought it was weird that I said I liked every kind of jewelry on my questionnaire, but I got 3 bracelets and a ring in my box. It could just be me, but 3 bracelets seem like overkill for one type of jewelry.

Every time I read a Wantable thread everyone raves about the makeup. I'm sorry I can't try it (sensitive skin issues), but I'm sure it's fantastic. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to get your jewelry boxes up to the same level. 

And just so I don't get flamed - she asked for feedback - so I'm just responding! 
smile.gif

Hey guys!

smile.gif

I still haven't gotten around to trying the jewelry sub like I want to, but as a suggestion, perhaps adding rose gold to the list of finishes, between silver and gold? I can't wear gold since it just looks terrible against my skintone, but I wouldn't mind getting a few rose gold pieces. I'm guessing they're getting lumped in with the regular gold, which I definitely ":("

Hey Jacyln,

The problem with the jewelry from my Feb box was it looked terribly cheap, shoddy and tacky. I'm still waiting for the March box, but if it is another box of WalMart/Claire's rejects I am cancelling.

Sterling silver is not terribly expensive( even with a gold vermeil on it) I thought at least some would be a base of sterling, but whatever base metals used for this stuff makes me leery of getting green skin from it.

The styles are not the issue, it is strictly the lack of decent quality. Your buyer really needs to step it up or your company should just drop the jewelry and focus on the makeup.

Hey Jacyln,

The problem with the jewelry from my Feb box was it looked terribly cheap, shoddy and tacky. I'm still waiting for the March box, but if it is another box of WalMart/Claire's rejects I am cancelling.

Sterling silver is not terribly expensive( even with a gold vermeil on it) I thought at least some would be a base of sterling, but whatever base metals used for this stuff makes me leery of getting green skin from it.

The styles are not the issue, it is strictly the lack of decent quality. Your buyer really needs to step it up or your company should just drop the jewelry and focus on the makeup.
My neighbor used to work for Claire's corporate division, and she would sometimes give me leftovers of samples they received. Claire's would get boxes full of cheap samples from China. Now that I think about it, you are totally right, the jewelry looked like the cheap leftover samples. 
frown.gif

Hey Jacyln,

Sterling silver is very spendy so is vermeil. There is no way they could offer sterling or vermeil or even gold filled for that matter. 4-5 sterling silver or vermeil piecs for $40 - that's not happening. I've made jewelry my whole life. If you don't like costume jewelry - don't buy it. If you want something that doesn't make your skin turn green - I would suggest buying a quality piece from a artist on etsy.

Walmart actually has some cute and cheap sterling silver that is made in Italy- but I did not see it in the jewelery dept where I live.

It was on some rack near the womens fitting room.

they had some silver "mesh looking" cute bracelets and necklaces, dangly earings and items were from $5-$15.

I have never bought any other jewelery items at Walmart as I usually buy a lot of handmade and Bali/Thai silver and also make my own beaded/wire wrap items.

I don't think a jewelery sub would be good for me- I am way too picky.

if you happen to be crafty Walmart sells a lot of glass beads in the craft section, as well as real pearl shell beads, ceramic and suede cord (maybe),

for a dept store prices are decent and overall good selection vs expensive bead supply shops.

Actually I have a ton of sterling jewelry and it was not spendy at all. It depends on where and how you shop. I never spent over $30.00 even on large  very heavy hallmarked cuff bracelets. Earrings can be had for as little as $5 per pair, some rings as well. Will certain brand names (Tiffany) over-charge out the nose for sterling? Yes they will. This is my personal experience and opinion. As wholesale buyers the cost to Wantable would go down as well.

Latest posts

Back