Was I wrong???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think you were wrong, sometimes parents are so irresponsible !

and about the "classy white trash", i'm straight to the point, so i would have probably said something like that too. at least it'll make her think about it twice next time she wanna smoke around her children.

I'm a fellow smoker too and I would NEVER smoke around children or people who don't smoke. Kudos to you for speaking up!

I have CPS'S number on speed dial. I can't stand people like that. Just because you're human and were able to create DOES NOT MEAN you have the right to have children. You were wrong in the fact that you should have called CPS because if a woman has no regard for her children like that, there is probably more going on than just the second hand smoke, if you know what I am saying. I honestly look at that as child abuse anyways, I wonder what a social worker would have to say.

the thing is, that many people are THINKING what you said, but no one will actually say it.

Maybe it will shock her into doing something good. I doubt it but maybe!!

I think you were in the right, I wouldn't have said anything, but I'd have been thinking it

I usualy am that person that would be thinking it and not saying something but because you all have agreed with me I am soooo glad that I did!!!!!

Honestly that ran across my mind but i really didn't feel that it was appropriate for the situation. Was she worng???100%!!!! I however would've only called childs services if she was beating the crap out of her children. I don't think they would've done anything anyway.

I wouldn't have had the balls to say something to her, but I definitely would have given her a dagger look. I can't stand parents that have no regard for their children's welfare.

im sorry but i totally disagree about doing something as drastic as calling cps on someone you know nothing about other than them smokeing a cig in front of there kids, yeah i dont think its right but takeing a child from there parents when there is no abuse or neglect can do more harm than good.

just curious why do you have cps on speed dial

ditto! I cant understand why people think that CPS is going to come and properly save the day. CPS does more harm than good 90% of the time

Second-hand smoke is incredibly harmful.

I can't see how a parent could be so callous to expose their children to such health hazards.

Personally, I think overstepped your boundary...I dont think you told her anything she didnt know..so you were doing it for yourself.

I dont smoke but I cant stand it when parents or other ppl smoke around little kids. I agree with the others that you could of said somethin other then the white trash part but you have the right so what you when you want.

I think you were right in saying that. I wouldn't have had the guts to say anything, but it would've driven me crazy. I'm mad just thinking about it!

My grandmother used to smoke with me in the car, and I hated it. She wouldn't even let me roll the window down. It should be illegal just like selling cigarettes to minors, IMO.

I think what you did was great! I don't smoke, but my bf does, and if I ever see him smoke when there's kids around, I'll make him put it out.

I agree. Maybe some of those kids weren't even hers. I have been "trapped" in a car as a kid with one of my friends' parents who smoke, it's not pleasant. You don't want to say anything as a young child because you don't want to make it so they do something crazy like keep you from playing with your friends!

you were soooooooooo right. i would never ever ever ever do that. im a smoker and i ant stand it when people just dont care?! my biggest pet peeve is when i would go to this outdoor mall and i would smoke while i sat by these round fountains. women with like 5 kids would ome and sit RIGHT next to me. as in to tell me to F*ck off for smoking and get lost, theyd even make remarks. finally i blew up on one of them that i couldnt believe they would subject their kids to smoke when it was something they could avoid, btw i would move the second they came near me

I think it could have been said in a better way, but it was good of you to stand up to her.

I think you did the right thing. I'm a smoker and don't smoke when kids are nearby and I won't let my friends smoke in my house either when I have my niece over to stay.

Latest posts

Back