Was I wrong???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you were totally in the right, honestly, if it was me it would have been much more harsh.

Steve and I both smoke, but we don't do it anywhere near our daughter. Either in the car or in the house. I don't know that I would have said anything to the woman, to be perfectly honest. If anything, I would have made the first comment, but skipped the second "white trash" comment.

I think you did the right thing by saying something. The white trash thing was probably not the best, but I can understand why you got mad and said that. I also hate seeing parents smoking around their kids. Mothers and fathers smoking while pushing a stroller... jesus christ, the least they can do is wait until the child is not around.

That's your opinion and i respect it. Maybe I was "soing it for myself" but if i would've walked away from the situation not saying anything....I think it would bother me more than if I had said nothing at all. However those little kids are inhaling twice what she is smoking. So I felt the need to stand up for those little ones in the car who were really too young to have their own opinion or voice in the matter. However, i know it was not necessary to call her white trash. Like I said it's your opinion and i will resect that.

I agree with you

unbelievable, I can't believe there are so-called "parents" out there that do this to their children. It's fine if they smoke themselves to death because they're old enough AND conscience of the decision they're making by putting a cigarette in their mouth. The children don't know any better, and they can pay the consequences with their health. You did the right thing, some people need a serious wakeup call.

I don't think you're wrong. You're entitled to your opinion, and it if comes out in the open, oh well! It's not like she's going to make or break you, so who cares? She obviously doesn't care enough about those kids, so I doubt she "cares" about what you said either. So sad!

I don't think it's wrong that you said something. I probably would've too.

It's illegal in some states to smoke in a car with children present.

O-K-A-Y, I'm sure all of you who know me on here.....ahem....you are all waiting for me to reply. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> lol

OK, I have and will continue to GO OFF On people, INCLUDING other men(I can be very intimidating), when they are smoking around kids..in cars or not. LIKE WTF. I know allot of you here are smokers too so I will have to keep it to a minimum and keep my criticizing to "backed down" notion on smoking in general. But around kids IN A CAR WITH THE WINDOWS ALMOST UP...HELLO...geez? Let me ask....why can't people consider someone else(including your kids) when having to smoke? It's terrible unhealthy around children and people in general.

You did the right thing, and who cares if she does anything about it, you let her know where she stands. I commend you.

It's not like I hate smokers, hey my mom smokes.

I saw the same thing except no windows were cracked and they definately WERE white trash. a guy and a girl both smoking with their toddler in the backseat. I wish I had the guts you did to say something. It bugged me all day. Poor kids.

I think its great that you said what you said (schh even the white trash comment, it was probably true lol) I wouldn't have had the balls, I probably would have just made a LOUD snide remark to my bf so she could overhear haha. Good job!

I don't think you were wrong at all, smoking is very dangerous for your health, one of my friends lived in a house where both her parents smoked almost constantly, and she has so little immune system that even little colds can almost send her to the hospital.

As long as you were willing to deal with whatever she was going to say back I say good for you for standing up for something you believe strongly in.

damn that's crazy, yea i think u did the right thing, if noone is telling her something, at least you did

You spoke up for something you felt and thought was wrong. In my opinion, you did the right thing because you are looking out for the kids.

That is so awesome of you. I myself woud have wanted to say someting, but I'd make DH do it or something.

Hell naw you wat'n wrong, you shoulda called the police on her trifling ass! In my town, smoking in a car with children in it is illegal, and you will get a $500 (I think per child) fine.

I'm sorry if this offends y'all smokers, but I seriously do not understand why cigarettes are even still legal. Oh, yeah, I do the Tobacco lobby.

My husband smokes, but I don't. We have 2 children and he NEVER smokes in the house or car. If we go to someone's house where there will be smoking they have to go outside....I don't care if it's their house or not, it's my kids health!!! I have family members who smoke with their kids and I always say something. They never listen, but at least I know I stood up for the kids. I have a sister who is pregnant right now she smoked with all her kids and has never cared. I also have a cousin who smoked when she was pregnant. The odd thing is their kids are healthy and mine have allergies and asthma....I never smoked a day in my life. My daughter was on a breathing machine when she was born and spent 10 days in the hospital and quit breathing 2 times. I look at them and their healthy kids and think WTH?!?! Oh man....don't get me started....lol :add_wegbrech:

I don't blame you for getting ticked. It's a very, VERY unhealthy thing to do to children, and I have to agree with the statement that it's very much like putting a cigarette straight into a child's mouth.

I wouldn't try to correct you in making that statement, because I think it's about time that she heard that - and other people like her.

My father's mother has always been like that. She's a very heavy smoker, and she pretty much smokes everywhere and anywhere she pleases, which includes having the windows closed and whatnot. I always remembered hating going to her place, because whenever the family would get together they would all light up which would leave me in an entire cloud of smoke. Riding in the car with her was hell because I had to sit in a big smoke cloud.

OHHHH I hate that... You were completely right and if I was around you I would have applauded. Another one that gets me is when the kids are up walking around in the back seat while the adults are buckled in up front!!! ARGGG.

Latest posts

Back