Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok girls, you know when you come home from work and you're STARVING? (Or is it just me) Here is a quick

Snack idea: OATMEAL- add boiling water, cinnamon, flax, slivered almonds and dried fruit like cranberries, raisins, or whatever you have lying around.

Or Quaker has some ready made packets if you want to add only water.

Give it a try and let me know if it helped your weight loss journey. Or maybe you have  some cool new snack ideas.

Quote: Originally Posted by glitteraddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok girls, you know when you come home from work and you're STARVING? (Or is it just me) Here is a quick

Snack idea: OATMEAL- add boiling water, cinnamon, flax, slivered almonds and dried fruit like cranberries, raisins, or whatever you have lying around.

Or Quaker has some ready made packets if you want to add only water.

Give it a try and let me know if it helped your weight loss journey. Or maybe you have  some cool new snack ideas.

oh my god that is me! i'm always starving when i come home(probably because i work weird hours which sometimes go very long with no lunch break)

today what i had for snack/brunch was a lightly toasted english muffin(the 100 cal light wheat ones) topped with hummus...it was very satisfying...i needed a carb-y warm breadlike snack today...its kinda chilly and rainy and i came home with a sour stomach...fixed me right up and i'm still full and it wasn't too bad as far as diet food goes, especially considering i went to work way to early to have breakfast, and lunch was some tofu and spinach/tomato/squash stir-fry like thing (one of those throw every veggie i had in a pan with some tofu and red pepper....nice and firery)

and when my sweet tooth comes calling i've been grabbing  my water to give me a fake full feeling and sugar free jolly ranchers, the taste like regular ones...works most of the time to keep the taste buds busy

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh my god that is me! i'm always starving when i come home(probably because i work weird hours which sometimes go very long with no lunch break)

today what i had for snack/brunch was a lightly toasted english muffin(the 100 cal light wheat ones) topped with hummus...it was very satisfying...i needed a carb-y warm breadlike snack today...its kinda chilly and rainy and i came home with a sour stomach...fixed me right up and i'm still full and it wasn't too bad as far as diet food goes, especially considering i went to work way to early to have breakfast, and lunch was some tofu and spinach/tomato/squash stir-fry like thing (one of those throw every veggie i had in a pan with some tofu and red pepper....nice and firery)

and when my sweet tooth comes calling i've been grabbing  my water to give me a fake full feeling and sugar free jolly ranchers, the taste like regular ones...works most of the time to keep the taste buds busy

Lissa your doing great, you sound like you're eating great foods and still satisfying (in a healthy way) carb/sugar cravings, which is super vital to not going back to bad foods.  And thanks for the idea/recipe glitter! That's a great and filling snack. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey there!

Today's tip:
try cooking with Quinoa! Ever done it? Know what it is?

It's a wonderful seed (although it is commonly called an "ancient grain") that is a relative to spinach and chard. A one cup serving of quinoa has 220 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein. It has all of the amino acids needed for health.  It is not often that you find a complete protein in a plant based food! 

I suggest using it to replace rice or couscous. (I think rice is a waste of time, so I always use quinoa to replace it!) It's soooo easy, quick, and versatile. I even made vegan dolmas with it. So go ahead- pick up a box/bag of it, and experiment! With any luck, you'll find a new favorite food. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i've never tried quinoa, i'll have to grab some and try it.

the other day i made wheat tabouli salad for dinner, added grilled chicken, chopped tomato and feta. put it over some romaine and a high fiber wheat tortilla...made an awesome dinner and it was so low in fat and calories.

i've never tried quinoa, i'll have to grab some and try it.

the other day i made wheat tabouli salad for dinner, added grilled chicken, chopped tomato and feta. put it over some romaine and a high fiber wheat tortilla...made an awesome dinner and it was so low in fat and calories.
Quinoa is a total staple in my house (ever since I tried it however long ago). Now I can ever find it at walmart...I love it when you can actually get good food without having to go to a specialty store (Which equals a 2 hour drive for me :/). Seriously...casseroles, main dishes, side dishes...possibilities are endless with the stuff. When you try it, do share what you made :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

how's all our lovely ladies today? still feeling good and motivated?

do any of you know good arm toning exercises that are low impact? i have RA and i can't do things like push ups because of fusing and deformity in my wrists, they no longer bend, and i can only hold minimal weight...but i really need to take care of my growing "wings" before they get too bad.

how's all our lovely ladies today? still feeling good and motivated?

do any of you know good arm toning exercises that are low impact? i have RA and i can't do things like push ups because of fusing and deformity in my wrists, they no longer bend, and i can only hold minimal weight...but i really need to take care of my growing "wings" before they get too bad.
So you can work with some weight? How about resistance bands?
Is swimming available to you (I don't know florida weather, it might be too cold?)..swimming/water training is great for people who need results but can't have high-impact anything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Why don't you check out this group of videos and see what you can do. I love this lady, and she has a great youtube channel with tons of videos so you won't get bored :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (I am not in any way affiliated with her or her channel, just so everyone knows! Just a fan!)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=blogilates+arm+workout&qpvt=blogilates+arm+workout&FORM=VDRE

I hope this helps! How are you doing?

Sorry I'm late with the tip of the day! I haven't been feeling optimal today :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anywho...

Did you know that you really can't spot-reduce? Say you want to lose the extra pounds on your thighs first- you simply can't just do leg exercises every day and expect results- You have to lose weight over-all! After you've lost the excess, you will start to see the muscles that were hiding under there all along! and then you can start to build muscles :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope everyone is well!

Hey there! Today's tip: try cooking with Quinoa! Ever done it? Know what it is? It's a wonderful seed (although it is commonly called an "ancient grain") that is a relative to spinach and chard. A one cup serving of quinoa has 220 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein. It has all of the amino acids needed for health.  It is not often that you find a complete protein in a plant based food!  I suggest using it to replace rice or couscous. (I think rice is a waste of time, so I always use quinoa to replace it!) It's soooo easy, quick, and versatile. I even made vegan dolmas with it. So go ahead- pick up a box/bag of it, and experiment! With any luck, you'll find a new favorite food. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
just picked up a box from tjmaxx (love their gourmet food section).

i've never tried quinoa, i'll have to grab some and try it. the other day i made wheat tabouli salad for dinner, added grilled chicken, chopped tomato and feta. put it over some romaine and a high fiber wheat tortilla...made an awesome dinner and it was so low in fat and calories.
sounds delish!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just picked up a box from tjmaxx (love their gourmet food section).
Yay! Let us know what you make!

omg, she's awesome, i love her expressions, i watched a couple and she cracked me up!
Haha, glad you liked! Sometimes she tells a story about her day or something while she's working out with "us", and I'll be like dying cause we've been working the same leg with weights for MANY reps and she's just chatting away like it's nothing lol. I sometimes curse at her lmao. But sahe's so positive...it's nice!

I just recently tried quinoa and I love it!  Costco had this mix called Ancient Grains and it had red rice (also delish) and quinoa. I won't even miss white rice.

Quote: Originally Posted by glitteraddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just recently tried quinoa and I love it!  Costco had this mix called Ancient Grains and it had red rice (also delish) and quinoa. I won't even miss white rice.
I never much cared for rice (I would even get tired of it in sushi rolls.) but when I would eat it, it would be brown and heavily seasoned...and I always used the kind that takes like, 5 years to freaking cook. But I love quinoa, and have been able to successfully replace anything that calls for rice with it. The nutrition value alone should make someone want to switch over to the quinoa-side lol. I guess with rice I just felt like it was empty calories (I know this is not entirely true, my mind is just warped) and with quinoa I felt like it was worth the calories, if that makes any sense. =p

So glad you love it!!! And hooray for not missing the white stuff! =)

Quote: Originally Posted by shahparacha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Very true. You can't spot train to lose fat. But you can spot train to tone up (meaning gain lean muscle) in an area. I actually lost a lot of weight following the rules of the Paleo lifestyle after hearing that Megan Fox did it from a post on GlamThread: http://glamthread.com/meganfoxdiet/
Truth spoken!

Sorry to be so silent lately (I check for replies all the time and no one had any questions or concerns) I haven't been feeling well and have been busy. Speaking of which *attends to toddler has just learned to jump out of her crib*

...anywho...
Let's make tomorrow a fantastic start of the week! As your challenge- I want you to make sure you get at least 30 minutes of cardio(anything you can do to raise that heart rate!).

How was everyone's weekend? Did you stay true to your plans? Are you keeping motivation?

Trying to get my cardio in. Its just been hectic with the kids and all. Seems like I don't have any energy at the end of the day. Any good foods or vitamins you can recommend to increase energy levels naturally?

Quote: Originally Posted by shahparacha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Trying to get my cardio in. Its just been hectic with the kids and all. Seems like I don't have any energy at the end of the day. Any good foods or vitamins you can recommend to increase energy levels naturally?
Honestly, I find I feel the absolute best (And I have 2 kiddos, for the record- one 8 yrs one almost 2 yrs...who I hope stays in bed this time around!) when I eat mainly all whole foods. Like straight up veggies and fruits. Feeling full is a must for me a lot of the time, so I fill up on veggies. I do take in coffee (only add in stevia if needed) and I make my morning smoothies with green tea as the liquid and frozen fruit...so I do indulge in caffeine! I'm vegan, and I found after I gave up animal products my energy skyrocketed. So you may want to try less and leaner meats (Think Mediterranean diet) and for many- cutting out dairy helped with their overall health and energy. And of course...no added sugars. Just thoughts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It also helps me immensely to work out right away in the morning- it seriously boosts energy and spirits! 

A good multivitamin is great, and I also take b12 (I hear vitamins can help with energy).
But remember- the body can only absorb so much from pills....that's why it's vital you get your nutrients from your diet. Junk foods weigh you down, whole foods do a body good.

I find that the exercising raises energy immediately, and the diet changes can take about a week to fully feel...dependent on how your eating was before.

Back