Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, my tip for today:

Try dancing! Do you know how much fun dancing can be...and how many calories it burns? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have zumba for my Kinect on xbox 360-and I love it!

Other things you can try that I personally love- Pole-dance fitness, belly dancing and (this one I haven't perfected at ALL) hip hop dancing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gotta keep it interesting, y'know?
Anyone have experience in dance? (I believe we have a dancer in this group somewhere...) What's your favorite?

oh man. i was all geared up to do back to back spin classes today. i went to a different class section with an instructor i've never had before and she KICKED. MY. BUTT. seriously, it was really difficult and very different from my previous 2 instructors! I definitely did not stick around for the second class section... I might have to reevaluate my two-a-day plan lol

My parents, aunt, and grandma visited over here in WI from CA this past weekend. It was pretty much non stop eating (what else are you supposed to do here??) so my diet has been totally derailed! Oopsies. I know I can kick it in gear again pretty easily -- but this was definitely an overindulgent weekend.

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, my tip for today:

Try dancing! Do you know how much fun dancing can be...and how many calories it burns? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have zumba for my Kinect on xbox 360-and I love it!

Other things you can try that I personally love- Pole-dance fitness, belly dancing and (this one I haven't perfected at ALL) hip hop dancing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gotta keep it interesting, y'know?
Anyone have experience in dance? (I believe we have a dancer in this group somewhere...) What's your favorite?
strip aerobics are so much fun...and zumba/hip hop/belly dance are extreme workouts..so much fun and there are so many you tube videos on each to get started if you are too shy to take a class. also carmen electra made a strip aerobic video years back when she was relevent,lol...its great for beginners.

Yup tomorrow is planned. (I made up 2 weeks of pre planned meals).

Tuesday is a wrap for lunch (sliced turkey breast, spicy mustard, lettuce) 

Supper is broiled fish and homemade spicy potato wedges.

It happens usofjessamerica. Just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There are things I'll do in public (strip stuff) and stuff like zumba I'm too shy to do in public! I'm separated from society now anyways, so I own like, a library of dvds lol. Fun!

Great job glitteraddict! Got some healthy stuff goin on there!

It happens usofjessamerica. Just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There are things I'll do in public (strip stuff) and stuff like zumba I'm too shy to do in public! I'm separated from society now anyways, so I own like, a library of dvds lol. Fun! Great job glitteraddict! Got some healthy stuff goin on there!
I agree...a bad weekend..a week even doesnt matter as long as you get back to good habits. Its actually better to not deny yourself when you really want something, just have it and move on.ive heqrd that from several drs and nutritionists. Heck one day last week i grabbed a slushie...its my guilty pleasure when im running errands...but i got a small one instead of the extra huge one id normally get and got the light sugar free one..i couldnt tell the difference to tell the truth. And last night i made meatball subs...but i used turkey meatballs,made my own tomato sauce,wheat hot dog buns, and thin sliced provalone...they were smaller and just as satisfying for less than half the fat and calories, and a lot less sugar than commercial sauce and white bread. After a little while you get comfortable making guilty goodies a lot healthier and less frequent. Im way to shy to do any of the dance stuff in public, not to mention the lack of being in public outside of work and the kids school...funny considereing i just to be a performance dancer years back,lol. I do think im going to take a belly dance class down the road once im more comfortable with my weight and can do some of it better via you tube,lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree...a bad weekend..a week even doesnt matter as long as you get back to good habits. Its actually better to not deny yourself when you really want something, just have it and move on.ive heqrd that from several drs and nutritionists. 

Im way to shy to do any of the dance stuff in public, not to mention the lack of being in public outside of work and the kids school...funny considereing i just to be a performance dancer years back,lol. I do think im going to take a belly dance class down the road once im more comfortable with my weight and can do some of it better via you tube,lol.
Agreed. In my opinion it's better to "indulge" once in a while than suppressing whatever craving you have until you can't anymore and end up eating half of a large pizza in one sitting, when 1 slice would've hit the spot a few days earlier. And that single slice won't undo any of your hard work either, especially if you adjust a little bit and have a lighter dinner/breakfast.

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmmm. Hip hop abs? lol

Maybe take a look through these and see what you can/can't do? http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=blogilates+ab+exercises&qpvt=blogilates+ab+exercises&FORM=VDRE Anything from Blogilates is great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm too shy to do dance stuff in public too lol! I can't dance at all, it's super embarrassing. I've only listened to metal since I was about 12, and of course the closest thing you have to dancing would be headbanging, which is only useful if I want my neck to be the same width as my head.

Thanks for the videos, I'll look through them later today!

even though i'm over weight at the present time, i spent many years having dance instruction and picked up a few toning exercises...i *used* to have great legs and a great butt...well for my size now they still look pretty good,lol. first one is easy: lay on your back with your butt against a wall,legs straight up like you are sitting on the wall...have a nice calm relaxing song on..something thats last 5 mins approx. when the music starts you let your legs drop down to your sides as far as they can forming a v on the wall...hold it for the duration of the song...when this no longer leaves your thighs on fire spice it up by pumpin your legs up and down at your sides about 12 inches for the duration of the next song...trust me you will hate this with a passion...but it hurts so good. a buns and thighs toner: get on your knees,legs fairly close together...essentially you will be doing motions that make you look like a dog peeing,lol. starting on one side you bring your knee staight out,ankle paralell to the knee, leg parralell to the floor(dog peeing remember?) do 25 of these each side. then switch it up by taking you foot straight behind your back pushing your heel to the ceiling. 25 each side on theses as well third one: lay on your side as you would for typical leg lifts, do a set of 25 on one side, but before switching to the other side cross your top leg over the bottom in front of you with knee bent. use your bottom leg(still out straight) and do a set of 25 lifts on that one...you should essentially feel like you are pushing your heel up, switch and do the other side  keep up aerobic activity...and strip aerobics are amazing for toning...and a lot of fun too. now i just have to get off my lazy a$$ and start doing these again.
Thank you lissa 1307 for the suggestions. I will for sure try to find the time to do some of these. Also, I have always wanted to try strip aerobics. It sounds like so much fun. Finding time to do things though seems so hard with a 7,3,2,1 year kid. I finally get the last one to sleep around 9, and then grade papers (I'm a teacher). Then one, if not all of my kids wake up for comfort around 11ish every night like clock work. Then i put them back to bed, straighten the house, usually eat a small snack type dinner at midnight (usually greek yougurt), then take a bath, get in bed around one, and wake up at 5:30 to start all over again. Exhausting for sure but love my little ones:).

I used to teach the first level at this pole dance fitness thing when it first "became a thing" when I was a senior in high school. My first instructor was a very large woman who could do CRAZY things on that pole lol. It was a lot of fun. The people who participated were mostly moms and it was a very comfortable environment. Best 1-2x a week job ever!

I just got done watching videos of waveya, my go-to Korean dance group...

I am both disgusted with myself now, yet motivated, lol.
It's hard to be a lady! =p

Hey beautiful people,

Tomorrow I'm amping this shit up! I'm gonna be so sore, it's gonna be marvelous. I'm ready to kick it into high gear!

Does anyone else use any kind of inspiration? Like, maybe your favorite athlete, actress, hell- maybe a picture of you before the 4 kids? lol. I do =p A buncha pretty ladies... I look like a suppressed lesbian with my inspiration file lol.

One tip if you do use other people's amazing bodies as a motivator- Don't get caught up in trying to look exactly like that person- Not everyone's bodies can get that thigh gap (at a healthy weight), and your figure may never be as perfectly hourglassy as that victoria's secret model. If you get so caught up in getting something super specific, you may be disappointed. Remember- you're working towards creating the best YOU possible.

I may never get these EXACT legs, but they'll damn sure be shmexy none the less! (Warning: If you are offended by sexy-dancing, do not watch!)
0.jpg

Awesome. My motivation is my " skinny" clothes. Well that and an old video from one of my old performances. I know i have two kids and will never have that exact body but i know my body and im comfortable with some sexy curves.lol...but omg that video...i wish i could have those little legs, but even at my smallest back in high school doing performance ballet and hip hop my legs were bigger...but perfect for my shape...im curvy...i got thick thighs and a big butt and DAMN proud of them.lol

My thighs have always been my #1 problem. If I slack at ALL, BOOM. Thunderthighs! lol I've always managed a tiny waist (I also waist train) but I have hips that don't lie, and I love them! Guess I'm ok with my hourglass figure (That yes, I have trained to be even more prominent) =p

I need a butt though. :,( Share some lissa? lol. But that's why I'm gonna squat my brains out...gotta get all the booty I can!

My thighs have always been my #1 problem. If I slack at ALL, BOOM. Thunderthighs! lol I've always managed a tiny waist (I also waist train) but I have hips that don't lie, and I love them! Guess I'm ok with my hourglass figure (That yes, I have trained to be even more prominent) =p I need a butt though. :,( Share some lissa? lol. But that's why I'm gonna squat my brains out...gotta get all the booty I can!
That peeing dog exercise lifts the backside too.

Hey all, I may or not be online for a little bit. My grandpa just died. If you want that whole shpeel, I posted in the rants/vent section. Anyways... I'm just really sad, and I'm not in the uplifting type mood. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Stay on the wagon, keep on trucking is the only tip I have for y'all tonight :'(

Hey all, I may or not be online for a little bit. My grandpa just died. If you want that whole shpeel, I posted in the rants/vent section. Anyways... I'm just really sad, and I'm not in the uplifting type mood. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Stay on the wagon, keep on trucking is the only tip I have for y'all tonight :'(
Slinka, so sorry for your loss. Sending up a prayer for you and your family.

oh my...slinka i am so sorry, grandpas are special, its really hard when you lose one. take care of you, we're all here if you need us.

Thank you Lissa and desha. I appreciate your well-wishes. I'm kinda lurking here and there...MUT is a fabulous thing to keep my mind busy and stuff. If my eyes ever stop being so puffy and sore (I hate crying...ugh) I'll probably just chill out and work on a fantasy makeup look, since makeup is sort of therapeutic for me. As silly as that sounds. I guess it just feels like painting or drawing =p

Thank you Lissa and desha. I appreciate your well-wishes.

I'm kinda lurking here and there...MUT is a fabulous thing to keep my mind busy and stuff. If my eyes ever stop being so puffy and sore (I hate crying...ugh) I'll probably just chill out and work on a fantasy makeup look, since makeup is sort of therapeutic for me. As silly as that sounds. I guess it just feels like painting or drawing =p
doesn't sound silly at all, i know it keeps my mood up when i'm feeling blah or depressed..

Back