Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you Lissa and desha. I appreciate your well-wishes.

I'm kinda lurking here and there...MUT is a fabulous thing to keep my mind busy and stuff. If my eyes ever stop being so puffy and sore (I hate crying...ugh) I'll probably just chill out and work on a fantasy makeup look, since makeup is sort of therapeutic for me. As silly as that sounds. I guess it just feels like painting or drawing =p

It will probably be therapy in a way. Keeps your mind busy, plus allows you to express how you feel in a different way.

[@]slinka[/@] sorry about the bad news! We're here for you!!! I also meal prepped this morning (salads in jars and portioned out dinners) for the week! In a random ranting mood: a restaurant reposted one of my pictures to promote their Sunday brunch on Instagram but they didn't ask me for permission or give me credit! Annoyed!

@usofjessamerica thanks toots! And great job on your meal prepping!

As you can all imagine, I have not been going hardcore like I planned. I took the weekend off to gather myself.
I went shopping yesterday (Thanks hubby!)- he gave me $100 and sent me on my way (Poor guy- he knows I'm sad and stuff but I'm just not feeling the open-ness thing currently. I mean, I guess I feel like there's nothing much to say, it's all pretty clear-cut) lol. I got a bunch of BBW candles and a couple sweet cinnamon pumpkin soaps/scrubs that were 50% off(They're still on sale btw-go grab some!) and I have a 25% off so I saved waayyyy more than I spent. Than I went to Sephora to exchange my CoverFX concealer (great formula-too dark though #palegirlproblems) and also My KVD lockit powder, cause Light 45 is actually lighter than Light44...yeah. And I got a clearance pair of purple falsies for fun. They let me use my friends and family code-the girls there are so sweet.
Why did I tell you all of that? Cause I'm all alone and have no one to talk to lol. But also to emphasize that I wore skyscraper heels (They're gorgeous and I get tons of compliments...but I wish the toebox platform was higher, they aren't the most comfortable because of it) and walked a bunch and now weird parts of my legs are sore...so that counts as exercise for the weekend lol.

I'm going to start going at it hard tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited. I got real upset when I was getting dressed, as I just didn't like how I looked in so many things. I'm just not where I wanna be yet. But that's ok. More motivation, right?
Question- Is there anything I can post that would help any of you? Like, maybe I could share recipes or what workouts I'm doing? Idk, I just wanna help as much as possible- not that you all need any guidance or anything, cause you're all Fabulous ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But y'know...what would y'all lie to see more of?

...If you need/want more videos of beautiful Korean gals that have the ...everything...I want, I got you covered on that one, lol.

0.jpg

@vogueboy , Thank you (I never know if that's the appropriate response, I can't think of anything better though!)
Don't worry about it, it's all good, you have a lot on your mind right now. Sorry I was a couple of days late... Be well.

I'll join in! Thanks for making this thread. Makeup is awesome, but healthy bodies makes us look (and feel) even better. What is your goal?  Short term: to lose 30 lbs. Long term: to lose 60 lbs. and run a 5K. What is your motivation? Just knowing that as I get older I need to take even better care of myself. What is your biggest downfall? Carbs, snacks, emotions, and sweets! Gah, I need help badly, lol. What are you going to change in your life to achieve your goals? Consistent workouts to 5 days a week. Eat cleaner.  
omg...are you my diet sister? You totally nailed all my responses. lol. I'm starting to log all of my food into my fitness pal so I can see where I'm at "typically". Then will start on 11/1 on my official diet/exercise.

Quote: Originally Posted by jaylee78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll join in! Thanks for making this thread. Makeup is awesome, but healthy bodies makes us look (and feel) even better.

What is your goal?  Short term: to lose 30 lbs. Long term: to lose 60 lbs. and run a 5K.

What is your motivation? Just knowing that as I get older I need to take even better care of myself.

What is your biggest downfall? Carbs, snacks, emotions, and sweets! Gah, I need help badly, lol.

What are you going to change in your life to achieve your goals? Consistent workouts to 5 days a week. Eat cleaner.

omg...are you my diet sister? You totally nailed all my responses. lol. I'm starting to log all of my food into my fitness pal so I can see where I'm at "typically". Then will start on 11/1 on my official diet/exercise.
Hey twin!
five.gif

You've got the right idea by logging your food. I am on MFP as well and it has made a world of difference.

So tired. My toddler kept climbing out of her bed all night. Around 12:30am (trying to go to bed earlier- this is actually earlier, lol) she seemed to be down. Maybe an hour and a half later I hear her calling for me, she's out again. Ughhh. Anywho, getting to it today! How's y'all's day going?

So tired. My toddler kept climbing out of her bed all night. Around 12:30am (trying to go to bed earlier- this is actually earlier, lol) she seemed to be down. Maybe an hour and a half later I hear her calling for me, she's out again. Ughhh.

Anywho, getting to it today! How's y'all's day going?
well i was packed like a sardine in a can on a van this morning at 4 am to go three hours away to climb up and down a ladder to count merchandise...that counts as exercise, right? i even resisted the sausage biscuits and donuts they bought us today.

So tired. My toddler kept climbing out of her bed all night. Around 12:30am (trying to go to bed earlier- this is actually earlier, lol) she seemed to be down. Maybe an hour and a half later I hear her calling for me, she's out again. Ughhh.

Anywho, getting to it today! How's y'all's day going?

Working from home today, so its nice and quiet. I did a good workout early in the AM (Leslie Sansone 4 Fast Miles). It's Meatless Monday, so I am making crockpot cabbage rolls with a meat substitute. Should be interesting. I want to go out for a run but may just hold off until tomorrow.

Lissa- great job on resisting temptation! And being in cramped quarters is no fun. :/ Desha- lucky! I wish my house were quiet lol. Great job! (And I'm glad you brought up meatless Monday before I did, haha.) Guess what I dug out today?
I also included my kitten, who thinks my shoes are toys. Lol. Man, I hate you Jillian, but I love you. Anyone else wanna do it with me? C'mon, it'll be funnnnn. Haha. Separate note- my freaking exercise-induced asthma will not give me a break today! Glad I've already got my workout done, cause this sucks! Anyone else have this problem? Mine's not the worst case I've ever seen of it, but it does prove to be an obstacle to overcome every day. :/

Note: my salad in a jar sucked and I hated every second of it. So weird! I love salads! And what's weirder is that *i* made it and put in all my favorite things. Meeeehhhh. Today is just way too cold for a salad.

Note: my salad in a jar sucked and I hated every second of it. So weird! I love salads! And what's weirder is that *i* made it and put in all my favorite things. Meeeehhhh. Today is just way too cold for a salad.
It looks so good though! That kind of thing happens to me- I'm a big phase eater and I'll be all stoked about whatever weird thing I'm loving to eat all of the time, and then one day- I'm OVER it and I hate it. And I don't eat that food for like, a year. Lol.

I know I know!!! I don't get why I hated this salad so much! It's my ideal salad! Waaaah.

It looks so good though! That kind of thing happens to me- I'm a big phase eater and I'll be all stoked about whatever weird thing I'm loving to eat all of the time, and then one day- I'm OVER it and I hate it. And I don't eat that food for like, a year. Lol.

I know I know!!! I don't get why I hated this salad so much! It's my ideal salad! Waaaah.
Maybe it's time to switch to a roasted veggie type lunch? One that could survive a microwave if need be? ...and now I want asparagus. Lol.

Hey twin! :five: You've got the right idea by logging your food. I am on MFP as well and it has made a world of difference.
Weight loss after menopause is kicking my butt. Never knew how much your hormones played a role on weight until AFTER my hysterectomy. Seems like I have to cut double the calories and do double the exercise. ugh.

Weight loss after menopause is kicking my butt. Never knew how much your hormones played a role on weight until AFTER my hysterectomy. Seems like I have to cut double the calories and do double the exercise. ugh.
It definitely does make things more difficult. But look at it this way- all the more reason to be proud of what you're accomplishing! And I don't know if you're overweight or what have you, but if you do have some extra pounds to shed, once you've lost it and replaced some of it with muscle, you'll burn more calories doing the regular every day things in your life, so theoretically it'll be easier to maintain if you keep up a good lifestyle. It's always really hard in the beginning, and you've definitely got a hurdle to jump, but you CAN do it, and you're gonna have such an accomplishment under your belt! In other words- you got this!

so y'all remember how my soon-to-be 2 yr old likes to jump out of her crib after I've put her to bed? Well, of course she did so about 4 times yesterday, and I finally was convinced she'd stay down as I hadn't heard anything in a while, when my husband who was lying in bed (I stay up cause I know she's going to need to be put back in bed) says "someone's calling for you!" I said, "I'm pretty sure she's not. I don't hear anything..." He said, "well I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it.." I say "fine, I'm going I'm going" and proceed to go down the stairs to go check on her. and.... My foot slips. I fall down a majority of the stairs. Yeah. I tried to stop the fall but kept slipping, when I finally stopped it (thank goodness I did!) I did so by inadvertently locking my left arm straight down and I heard a pop. My left leg is gonna have at least 2 huge bruises from where I landed the hardest. My arm seems to be ok...it's a little sore, but I'm considering myself lucky. Wanna know the best part? THE BABY WAS ASLEEP. I should've just told husband to f-off lol. That's what I get for listening to him! Lol. So I took some ibuprofen in hopes it'll help the pain and I'll be doing day 2 of the video along with some more cardio in just a few minutes! What have you done exercise-wise today? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so y'all remember how my soon-to-be 2 yr old likes to jump out of her crib after I've put her to bed? Well, of course she did so about 4 times yesterday, and I finally was convinced she'd stay down as I hadn't heard anything in a while, when my husband who was lying in bed (I stay up cause I know she's going to need to be put back in bed) says "someone's calling for you!"
I said, "I'm pretty sure she's not. I don't hear anything..."
He said, "well I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it.."
I say "fine, I'm going I'm going" and proceed to go down the stairs to go check on her. and....

My foot slips.
I fall down a majority of the stairs.

Yeah.

I tried to stop the fall but kept slipping, when I finally stopped it (thank goodness I did!) I did so by inadvertently locking my left arm straight down and I heard a pop. My left leg is gonna have at least 2 huge bruises from where I landed the hardest. My arm seems to be ok...it's a little sore, but I'm considering myself lucky.

Wanna know the best part?
THE BABY WAS ASLEEP.

I should've just told husband to f-off lol. That's what I get for listening to him! Lol.

So I took some ibuprofen in hopes it'll help the pain and I'll be doing day 2 of the video along with some more cardio in just a few minutes! What have you done exercise-wise today?
smile.gif

oh my! that sounds like something i'd do...err, have done...take care of that arm!

today i've been very bad...very very bad...i stayed a little late at work, came home and had a binge eating session and took a nap before picking the kids up from school,lol. and tomorrow won't be very good food wise either since it'll be my little girl's 7th bday..so i'm planning to hop back on thursday..with a good walk around the neighborhood to boot!

Back