Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Finished the DVD and thought, "Oh, I'll just do another DVD, YEAH!" And then halfway through that my asthma was all like, "You're a moron" And my shoulder was all, "You twit- you're killing me!"

So I stopped. My shoulder is hurt a bit, :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm not too happy about it, but I'm just going to have to work through the pain. I'll take the cues from my body and call it quits when the pain is more uncomfortable than I'd like. Shoulder doesn't put a stop to everything though!

@lissa1307 , lol, I usually fall going UP the stairs! This time...not so much. Could've been worse though!
Oh no, -a binge is never fun. Maybe that's an indication that you're not satisfying something your body needs (or maybe just desperately wants lol)? It's always good to have some healthy snacks around, so you can munch and not go home and be all starving (or if you're dying for chocolate, go ahead and have a small square of dark chocolate and put the rest away)...cause we all know what happens then! And maybe just have smaller-than-normal portions tomorrow and/or fill up on some salad/veggies before you get to the goodies? lol. Either way- it's ok to have a day or two off occasionally, just be sure to get back on the wagon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gotta try and get my homework done now, :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so so so trying to get to bed earlier these days! If I could just get the insomnia under control, I'd be feeling so much better in life!

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Update: Finished the DVD and thought, "Oh, I'll just do another DVD, YEAH!" And then halfway through that my asthma was all like, "You're a moron" And my shoulder was all, "You twit- you're killing me!"

So I stopped. My shoulder is hurt a bit, :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm not too happy about it, but I'm just going to have to work through the pain. I'll take the cues from my body and call it quits when the pain is more uncomfortable than I'd like. Shoulder doesn't put a stop to everything though!

@lissa1307 , lol, I usually fall going UP the stairs! This time...not so much. Could've been worse though!
Oh no, -a binge is never fun. Maybe that's an indication that you're not satisfying something your body needs (or maybe just desperately wants lol)? It's always good to have some healthy snacks around, so you can munch and not go home and be all starving (or if you're dying for chocolate, go ahead and have a small square of dark chocolate and put the rest away)...cause we all know what happens then! And maybe just have smaller-than-normal portions tomorrow and/or fill up on some salad/veggies before you get to the goodies? lol. Either way- it's ok to have a day or two off occasionally, just be sure to get back on the wagon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I gotta try and get my homework done now, :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm so so so trying to get to bed earlier these days! If I could just get the insomnia under control, I'd be feeling so much better in life!
you know what the sad thing is...i don't even like what i ate,lol...i mean i liked it at the moment, but i've never been a huge fan of hot dogs..or fig newtons...at least i stopped myself at 2 hotdogs with cheese sauce(lol) and 3 newtons...but i feel like such a fat ass now,lol

Yikes, I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

I had the loooooongest day today. Up at 6 to get to class on time at 8.30. Class ended early so I went to the gym with my friend, did 2.5 miles on the elliptical. I'm still on 44lbs for the lateral pulldown but I've gone up to 150lbs on the leg press and 125lbs on the seated leg curl. I can really feel the burn in my ass with the leg press now lol. Stayed at uni until 1.30 working on a project and speaking to a prof and then went to work, from 2-7PM walking around the hospital, I probably got to sit down for a total of 3 minutes the entire time. And then a 40 minute drive home. I just got home and I'm absolutely exhausted, I don't even feel like getting up from the couch to go pee hahaha.

My work out plan has been derailed! I think I'm getting an ear or sinus infection (I feel like someone is stabbing my brain through my ear whenever I bend over/look down) so I didn't have a chance to work out today :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my apt is in the morning tomorrow and I have a huge exam on Thursday so my game plan was to study all day on Wednesday. Sad sad achy ear ruining my plans.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My work out plan has been derailed! I think I'm getting an ear or sinus infection (I feel like someone is stabbing my brain through my ear whenever I bend over/look down) so I didn't have a chance to work out today
frown.gif
my apt is in the morning tomorrow and I have a huge exam on Thursday so my game plan was to study all day on Wednesday. Sad sad achy ear ruining my plans.
Oh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> At least your appointment is in the morning and hopefully you'll be back on your feet in no time! Take care of yourself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes, I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

I had the loooooongest day today. Up at 6 to get to class on time at 8.30. Class ended early so I went to the gym with my friend, did 2.5 miles on the elliptical. I'm still on 44lbs for the lateral pulldown but I've gone up to 150lbs on the leg press and 125lbs on the seated leg curl. I can really feel the burn in my ass with the leg press now lol. Stayed at uni until 1.30 working on a project and speaking to a prof and then went to work, from 2-7PM walking around the hospital, I probably got to sit down for a total of 3 minutes the entire time. And then a 40 minute drive home. I just got home and I'm absolutely exhausted, I don't even feel like getting up from the couch to go pee hahaha.
I hope so too!

Kudos to you for still exercising- that's a ROUGH day! Get some rest chica!

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  you know what the sad thing is...i don't even like what i ate,lol...i mean i liked it at the moment, but i've never been a huge fan of hot dogs..or fig newtons...at least i stopped myself at 2 hotdogs with cheese sauce(lol) and 3 newtons...but i feel like such a fat ass now,lol
I've done that before- I bet we all have! Try and remember that feeling the next time the urge comes up (Cause it will, unfortunately). Idk, that's what I do.

Oh, btw- I changed my diet up a bit in this *going totes hardcore* thing, until I'm happy with myself, where all I'm eating is, well, how do I put this, it's like I'm only eating things that you would find naturally from the earth. Now, don't take this TOO literally, of course if I have to use a can of beans rather than soaking some overnight, or some frozen fruit (no added anything- just fruit) than that's ok. I mean nothing like say: ice cream, bread, cereals, pre-packaged meals, TVP, ...etc. You get the idea.

I am already vegan, so dairy and meat was already off of my menu, so this step isn't really that big of a leap. I'm basically eating as clean as possible, but if any of you wanted to take on this challenge, obviously meat is found in nature =p The biggest change is not having any soy-infused weirdo vegan stuff (wasn't ever really a fan of it anyways), convenience meals and any little things that had un-pronounceable ingredients lol. (So...none of those nasty energy drinks and diet cokes lol) I can't really call it a raw vegan diet- cause I'm still going to cook things (I'm NOT eating a raw potato, ew)- but I guess it's sort of comparable in what foods you can have and stuff. So if yall want a big 'oil challenge- this could be it =p

Anyways, that's my little update. My shoulder still hurts and that's lame. Hoping it'll feel better tomorrow!

Btw, anyone else feeling stronger? - those of you who have incorporated exercise into your life- My endurance is growing by leaps and bounds! It's so awesome. Soon I'll be back on level 3 of my Jillian Michaels DVD, damnit!

My shoulder has gotten so much better! How is everyone doing? Don't let all the candy mess up all of your hard work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted to share this recipe, maybe you meat-eaters could use it for a meatless Monday meal? Or enjoy whenever. It snows up here where I live (first snow was in September!) a lot and this is a great comfort food that you won't feel guilty about! I increase the spices by a half, and I don't use butter- try coconut oil! You can also add other veggies you need to use up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/217109/make-ahead-vegetarian-moroccan-stew I made that this morning so dinner would be out of the way, then I made some Thai spring rolls and veggie eggrolls for later meals. (Egg rolls freeze well and my kiddo loved the spring rolls :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) Hope everyone's well!

@slinka thanks for that yummy looking recipe. definitely a keeper for meatless Monday!

My shoulder has gotten so much better! How is everyone doing? Don't let all the candy mess up all of your hard work
smile.gif

I wanted to share this recipe, maybe you meat-eaters could use it for a meatless Monday meal? Or enjoy whenever. It snows up here where I live (first snow was in September!) a lot and this is a great comfort food that you won't feel guilty about! I increase the spices by a half, and I don't use butter- try coconut oil! You can also add other veggies you need to use up
smile.gif

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/217109/make-ahead-vegetarian-moroccan-stew

I made that this morning so dinner would be out of the way, then I made some Thai spring rolls and veggie eggrolls for later meals. (Egg rolls freeze well and my kiddo loved the spring rolls
smile.gif
)
Hope everyone's well!
that looks yummy...i have been finding that the less i eat meat the less i want it, and when i do eat it i don't want much...i haven't been doing meatless mondays but i have been making meatlight meals and half the time i skip the meat portion myself (hubby would die if it wasnt an option for him, so would my son)

that looks yummy...i have been finding that the less i eat meat the less i want it, and when i do eat it i don't want much...i haven't been doing meatless mondays but i have been making meatlight meals and half the time i skip the meat portion myself (hubby would die if it wasnt an option for him, so would my son)
My family is vegan by association lol. They sometimes have cheese though. I don't. Dairy and me don't mix. I'm one of the ...I guess the word is lucky...ones who's husband doesn't care what I cook so long as its tasty (even my not-so-stellar-meals he's grateful for) and he does care about his health too. My kids eat what I give them- people are always shocked when they see them eating veggies. They say, "you're kids eat vegetables?" I'm like, "...yeah, don't yours?" Apparently a lot of kids don't. :/ Yeah, having meat more as a side sometimes is the way to do it if youre going to eat it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Think Mediterranean diet). If more people ate like that, the meat industry might not be so icky. And the less you have it the less you'll want. So good on you! If you guys make the stew let me know! It's a staple for me- also makes for numerous meals-stretching the dollar is always a plus! Hope you like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (btw- if you cut the veggies- especially the potatoes- up into bigger chunks, it makes for a "heartier" feel for a meat-eater...so if you're trying to win over a stubborn man or child, that's a good little trick. That or add some tempeh. =p I'm debating on what to make for dinner tonight- Chana masala, general Tso's tofu...idk! I have a spaghetti squash I need to use...maybe I'll make spaghetti with it.

My family is vegan by association lol. They sometimes have cheese though. I don't. Dairy and me don't mix. I'm one of the ...I guess the word is lucky...ones who's husband doesn't care what I cook so long as its tasty (even my not-so-stellar-meals he's grateful for) and he does care about his health too. My kids eat what I give them- people are always shocked when they see them eating veggies. They say, "you're kids eat vegetables?" I'm like, "...yeah, don't yours?" Apparently a lot of kids don't. :/

Yeah, having meat more as a side sometimes is the way to do it if youre going to eat it.
smile.gif
(Think Mediterranean diet). If more people ate like that, the meat industry might not be so icky. And the less you have it the less you'll want. So good on you!

If you guys make the stew let me know! It's a staple for me- also makes for numerous meals-stretching the dollar is always a plus! Hope you like it
smile.gif
(btw- if you cut the veggies- especially the potatoes- up into bigger chunks, it makes for a "heartier" feel for a meat-eater...so if you're trying to win over a stubborn man or child, that's a good little trick. That or add some tempeh. =p

I'm debating on what to make for dinner tonight- Chana masala, general Tso's tofu...idk! I have a spaghetti squash I need to use...maybe I'll make spaghetti with it.
oh i love spaghetti squash, makes me want to go buy one now,lol

dinner tonight is pasta for my famz

i'm using whole wheat pasta, adding spinach (i tell my picky son its parsley and he eats it as a seasoning,doesn't even know,lol),probably some tomato, broccoli, and whatever other veggies i have laying around, for me i'll toss it with a little olive oil and feta

for the rest of the family i'll add  some diced grilled chicken and alfredo sauce

i'm all bloated and crampy today so i want a comfort type food like a heavy pasta, but at the same time i kinda dont...so it's a good middle ground for me and my go to when i don't feel like cooking much...potluck pasta,lol

oh i love spaghetti squash, makes me want to go buy one now,lol dinner tonight is pasta for my famz i'm using whole wheat pasta, adding spinach (i tell my picky son its parsley and he eats it as a seasoning,doesn't even know,lol),probably some tomato, broccoli, and whatever other veggies i have laying around, for me i'll toss it with a little olive oil and feta for the rest of the family i'll add  some diced grilled chicken and alfredo sauce i'm all bloated and crampy today so i want a comfort type food like a heavy pasta, but at the same time i kinda dont...so it's a good middle ground for me and my go to when i don't feel like cooking much...potluck pasta,lol
Haha! That parsley trick is clever! Hope you get to feeling better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, so today is November. I'm sad October is gone, but what we have here is a brand new month- so if anyone in this group hasn't been 100% dedicated to treating their bodies like the temple it is, now's your chance to make a clean start! What I want you beautiful people to do is take on a challenge that is health/fitness related, and make a promise to yourself that you will stick by it, NO MATTER WHAT, for this whole month! Why the whole month? Because it takes about 21 days to break a bad habit, and hopefully by the end of the month you will have successfully wiped out a bad habit and created a new good habit!

This can be anything you might hyave an issue with- whether it's that you're going to workout more and start a fitness dvd challenge (Like Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, or 6 week six pack...those types of things) or maybe you are struggling with a sugar addiction- you can promise that you are going to not eat any added sugars-meaning you only get the sugars in fruits and veggies- the whole month! (Quite a challenge with the holidays coming up!)

So what are you going to do? Remember- No excuses people! Me sure this is a promise you can keep! And challenge yourself...now's the time to accomplish what you want- don't spend another day regretting your food choices, feeling lethargic or not liking how you look in the mirror!

I'm going to continue my uber-clean eating (I literally can't cut anything else out, lol. NO added sugar, everything prepared from whole foods, no animal products and no artificial ingredients!) and finish up the 30 day shred (I think this is day 5 for me, woo!) AND I'm going to take on even more, because I need to workout more! So I'm going to be doing the blogilates NovermBURN calendar (My promise!) and I hoping to incorporate another few DVDs of JM (Killer buns and thighs maybe? =p)

If anyone wants to hop on the Blogilates train with me, please do! http://www.blogilates.com/printables-2/novemburn-calendar-get-your-password-in-the-newsletter and the password is "eatcleantraindirty" I highly recommend this lady- she's so positive, so fun, everything can be done from home and she also has a bunch of recipes. Oh, and it's completely free! Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with her or her site, I'm just a fan. This would be a convenient promise for anyone to make, as everything is laid out for you exercise-wise!

So what are you going to do? Remember- No excuses people! Me sure this is a promise you can keep! And challenge yourself...now's the time to accomplish what you want- don't spend another day regretting your food choices, feeling lethargic or not liking how you look in the mirror!

Well October was a mixed bag for me. I did stick with my exercise program (thanks to OnDemand and Leslie Sansone's blog- walk, walk, walk, walk). But my diet was the yo-yo factor.I would say I ate clean 75% of the time. Baking more healthy breads and snacks to take to work and increasing my water are two target goals for the month, in addition to sticking to Meatless Mondays.

For November, I want to try to eat close to 90% clean, allowing for one cheat meal on the weekends. This will be a challenge but I am up to it. As for the exercise, Leslie continues through November, so I plan on sticking to 50% of her plan while supplementing with my other cardio and weight training.

Come on ladies, we can do this!! Keeping healthy and happy through November.

Great Desha! You got this! November is gonna feel so good ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's promises!

Side note- Man, that stew is filling, lol. Ate half a bowl for breakfast ('Cause...stew for breakfast, that's why) and I'm still full. =p

Alright, I just found this thread and i hope it is ok to join all the ladies.

A bit background: Moved to the US 6 years ago where i gained 40 lb in just a few short months due to stress eating and trying out all the fast foods as well as enjoying packaged and processed foods. My hubby is always on the "got to get fit train" and obviously he would like to see me slimmer again. I have lost 20lb in the last years but gained 10lb back this year after not continuing with my workout routine.

The things that greatly helped me are sticking to a workout routine (I love spinning classes for example) and intermitted fasting. Intermitted fasting really helped with my late night in front of the TV snacking habits and I have to get back on it. That is my plan for November: get back on the intermitted fasting schedule and develop a new workout routine. My husband also started to pull up Paleo recipes so we will not be using already processed foods anymore (where we can avoid it). We already make our own pasta and so on and it's such a difference!

My weakness is sweets, especially before the holidays. So my goal is only to have one sweet on days where I work out. I found that restricting yourself from sweets completely only makes you eat a ton of them if you do make an excuse to eat one while if you have one from time to time I don't crave it.

I love how great all the ladies on MUT are and this thread hopefully helps me stay on track with my weight loss and get toned goals! :)

@DeSha I think that's a great plan for November and you already accomplished a lot for October. I don't drink enough and have to start drinking more water!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @DeSha I think that's a great plan for November and you already accomplished a lot for October. I don't drink enough and have to start drinking more water!

@Sunflowercake you are 100% right about water intake and thanks mentioning it!  I was getting in around six glasses a day (most of the time) but based on my body weight I should consume 10 a day. I just going to the bathroom all the time, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh and I wanted to share this really simple, but tasty looking recipe. I plan on baking it this weekend, so I will let you all know how it turns out.

Breakfast loaf: http://www.aforaubergine.com/2011/03/23/good-for-you-breakfast-loaf/

That bread looks so good!! I definitely need to try baking it once the weather cools down a little bit more here.

Latest posts

Back